main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Moving on eh!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by solo77, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Well it's official as of 4pm today.....I am moving to Canada.

My VISA reply just came through and for some strange reason they approved me, obviously their immigration people don't do that thorough checks because I should not really be allowed into any other countries. :D

Anyway me and the missus are off to Vancouver in April. I quit my job on Monday and so now everything is sorted (would have looked stupid if visa had been delcined what with booked flights and quitting my job :eek: ).
    I'm off there to play cricket for the West Vancouver Lions. Looking forward to it as I only first left NZ last year and went all the way to...........Oz.,

Anyway i can't think of anything better than getting paid to play cricket (in a roundabout sirt of way) on the other side of the world.

I will try and keep my Ringo site up to date with new photos of my adventures (I hope the mounties don't rough me up if I get nude once in a while!) so feel free to check them out MY RINGO

2. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Going to play cricket in Canada? That's like joining the Waterpolo team in Ethiopia.

:p

Good luck, I'd miss ya if I saw you more, or cared about you... as long as you're back in Wellington so we can stay for the 7's 2008! ;) j/k

Good stuff man.

edit = get stuck into their "french fries and gravey"

"hmmmm protein"

"Candy bars!"

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    That's sweet, dude! The Rockies are only a few hours away, and they... rock. Banff, Jasper National Parks.

Oh, what a wonderful time I had in Canada before SFL was born!

4. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Piff

Anyway, I got a ringo going...

http://www.ringo.com/photos/albums.html?memberId=161769608

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Yeah, I love your login screen.

6. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    I think we all had a good time befores SFL was born! :D

"Before the dark times, before SFL"

7. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Well it's my last week of work before the big move.

Good to finally be winding down and handing over all my projects to other poor suckers :D

Pretty much sold up all my possessions, so now just need to make sure I don't get arrested in the next 12 days and I should be all set for Canda. Feeling excited yet slighty nervous about the whole move.

Heard that Geoff Barnett will also be joining me at the same cricket club :cool:

8. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    So what date do you fly out?

9. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Easter Monday

10. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    9th? hmmm, I *might* be around, probably working though :(

Would have been good to have caught up for a bit at the airport...

11. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Yeah not sure how long we have between flights. rach knows all the details, I'll find out and let you know if there's a window of opportunity.

We don't fly out from Welly until 4pm so it would be after work time anyway

12. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Na, not for me. I'm probably going to be down in the Hunua Ranges doing Rodent Monitoring which is an over night thing... [face_plain]

edit = so I officially created a Limited Liability Company "FFENZ Ltd" and have just recently been approached by a reasonably large planning firm (Boffa Miskell Ltd) to run an Ornithological Survey Team down at Taharoa (south of Kawhia Harbour). Pretty much 16 days a month for the next year.

I went in to their office last Monday to get gear for the trip and got bailed up by one of their Principal Ecologists and long story short he said he'd heard a lot about me, wanted me to do other work for them in my time off from Taharoa and said if things go well he'll be offering me a salary job as an ecologist for Boffa Miskell. He asked what my company's charge out rate was and I said I hadn't really thought about it yet but somewhere around $60-$80 per hour and he just said 'ok'.

So stoked, could be the start I really needed :)

13. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Well, good luck over in Canada Jono! Take care of yaself and have a blast!

Keep in touch. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.