main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Moving to Maine....

Discussion in 'Archive: Maine' started by PadreEgan, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadreEgan

PadreEgan Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    I am getting ready to move to Maine to start seminary. I will either be moving to the Portland or Bangor area, depending on which town my wife gets a job closer to. I like the motivation that you Mainiacs share about Star Wars, but please tell me that there is more going on up there than it seems. There should be a Star Wars convention held up there.

2. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Hey there! :)

I can tell you Portland is a great city... My sister lives there. Never actually been to Bangor though.

Not too much is going on here fan wise at the moment.. We need one more meet to have our Chapter become official. We HAVE had a lot of extra interest lately though... Auburn seems like a pretty local meeting spot for everyone on the board... And if you move to Portland, you'll only be about 30 minutes away.

As for a convention up here, unfortunatly I don't think there is enough people. And after going to Celebration 3, nothing can really compare. Not much of a convention scene in New England unfortunatly :(

Great to have you on board!!! :D

If you wanna catch me on AIM, my SN is saber holder2000

3. lightsaberpete

lightsaberpete Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    hi welcome both portland and bangor are nice my sister is in portland I am in the bangor area. its not all woods up here we have alot of small citys. but the only place a star wars convention might work is portland due to its size. hope to meet you sometime

4. PadreEgan

PadreEgan Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    is there ever any star wars happenings in the boston area?

5. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Boston has their own fanforce, The "boston rebels". Also, at the end of September there is going to be a Wizard World convention held there which I am going to.

6. MerKaba_Jedi

MerKaba_Jedi Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2004
    Hey thee ;) I live in Portland and it is definately a great town. We have a great international community (lots of authentic foreign food yumm), a strong artistic community with a new england work ethic, and more professional equity theatres then Dallas texas, a city of millions. Portland is also beautiful, clean, and safe to walk around in at night. We have multiple beaches and state parks whithin ten minutes drive out of the city, and we have water anf bays on three sides of the twon which is built on a hill. All in all a great place to live wok and fan out on Starwars. Hope to see you in the tubolift soon!

MerKaBa_Jedi ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.