main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**Mullet's Hollywood Update Thread**

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by JediKnightPasJoDacle, Apr 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Glad to hear that you're going Candii!

Sorry to inform everyone Emily wont be able to join us...because she's got driver's ed. class on Tuesday evenings.

2. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    My wife and I will be attending.

Anrev
    & Wife

3. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    "SoroSuub X-34" party of (13) and counting!

Krash
    Reborn
    Random
    JarJarJedi
    Jade-Walker
    Mullet
    starwarschick14
    Saralyn
    Malo-ha
    Darth-Zome
    Anrev (and Mrs. Anrev)
    Jedi Candii

"I think we're gonna need a bigger boat!"

4. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    And now add Scott. (he's playing Anrev in RoP(yes he's playing me))

That makes it official! The entire cast of Rite of Passage will be in attendence!

We need a cast photo!

5. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    HAHAHA!!! This is going to be cool.

6. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I WANT TO GO!!!!!! :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

7. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    "SoroSuub X-34" party of (14) and counting!

Krash
    Reborn
    Random
    JarJarJedi
    Jade-Walker
    Mullet
    starwarschick14
    Saralyn
    Malo-ha
    Darth-Zome
    Anrev (and Mrs. Anrev)
    Jedi Candii
    Scott (Anrev?)

I just thought of something...I should call ahead to Quaker Steak, and let them know a LARGE group is coming to their place...Cinemark shouldn't be a problem (but I can ask about show-times)

8. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    that's a good idea Geoff... i took my guys to Quaker Steak when i was an RA... you don't really make reservations or anything, but warning them can't hurt.

9. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Someone post all the info for this night again, please, as a reminder, and address too...

10. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Quaker Steak and Lube (start arriving around 6:15pm)
    5935 Canal Road, Cleveland, OH 44125
    (216) 986-9500

Valleyview Cinemark (Pirates of the Caribbean)
    walk outside Quaker Steak...and you can't miss it.

(depending on how long we take eating/socializing)
    7:10pm...not likely
    7:40pm...pushing it, but do-able
    8:00pm...good bet
    10:10pm...kinda late (me and my John Crichton timing)
    10:40pm..way late for those with a drive home

11. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    so is 6:15 the time we should MEET at Quaker Steak? Or when? Because once we're all there then we can play the rest of the night by ear.

12. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Because once we're all there then we can play the rest of the night by ear.

BINGO! This isn't "rocket-science"...we show up, eat/drink/be merry...go to a movie.

I'm calling ahead to see if we can get a table (or couple tables) for such a LARGE group of people.

C-ya 2 night!

13. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    Since I knew I couldn't join you tonight, I went to Pirates Sunday. I enjoyed it probably more than I have done most movies this summer! And me who have sworn off bad boys forever found Johnny Depp's character to be strangely appealing not that he will ever replace Obi-Wan. I did look for you, Jon, but since I've never seen you in person, I only had your web photos to go by. Everybody, enjoy!

14. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    1st one back...ha!

Hope everyone had a good time. As you can see from the time, we were out a little later then expected. Apparently Quaker Steak and Lube has a difficult time seating 14 people...and we missed the 8:00 pm show; and went to the 10:10 show (do the math and we closed down the palce)

Good news, it did mean Emily could join us for the movie...BTW Malo-Ha she loves the autographed picture from Anthony. And I appreciate you doing that for us.

Glad we could get so many people together, and welcome home one of our own...good to see you again Jon!

15. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Good movie. :)

Now I have to find time to drag my sister to see it. Oh, and gotta get more cash... I will have more after this weekend. :D

I'm going to see what pics I can delete from my Yahoo picture page to make room for these pics from tonight, plus the pictures from the picnic. ;)

16. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I never had a problem going to see Orlando more... [face_love] . But I am glad I was able to go with you guys!

17. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Thanks for hosting this night you guys, I really do appreciate it. I had lots of fun and got to meet some new fanforce members that I hadn't before.

Once again, much graditude, I felt very honored.

18. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    While I think the movie was about half an hour too long, I really enjoyed it. I think Johnny Depp did an AMAZING job playing Jack Sparrow. He was ridiculously awesome at making him so zany and funny. It was cool seeing Legolas do his typical Legolas stuff too. Geoffrey Rush is always an awesome lunatic villain (Mystery Men anyone?) And Keira Knightley... wow... all I have to say is wow. [face_love]

19. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Johnny Depp did an AMAZING job playing Jack Sparrow
    From the moment he steps off the (what's left) of that boat onto Port Royal (nice place to get some waffles in Orlando...inside joke) you know he's going to be an interesting character. Really good job of playing that balance between insanity and reality (watch Ben Browder in Farscape for another good example).

Jon, I hope you don't mind...but I posted some of your pictures in Pirates/Starship Troopers2/Hildago on the Columbus boards; because I mentioned that you can be seen in American Wedding. If you need a public relations guy...my fee is reasonable!

Good to see you again!

20. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    I had a great time! First off, after 2 previous attempts at trying to get into Quaker Steak & Lube, I finally got to enjoy their awesome wings (I am now officially hooked on the Buckeye BBQ flavor wings). And watching Pirates of the Caribbean was a nice change of pace in most movies out there today. I really enjoyed it and would have to share Eric's views on it. Johnny Depp played an amazingly flawless role as Jack Sparrow, it was perfect. And I had heard before about Keira Knightly looking like Natalie Portman, but I didn't know she looked THAT alike; it's almost frightening!

Glad to have finally met you in person, Jon. Keep kicking butt in Hollywood, you'll get those lead roles in no time! (Oh and can you put in a good word for me? I make a really good villain character :D )

21. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    "I practice 3 hours a day..." - Orlando Bloom
    That's what I'm talking about people...we need to get into shape for next year's All-Ohio Fanforce Cookout! I don't plan on having this icon forever!!! ;)

BTW, anyone with pictures...I'd like a copy of anything you have (for Emily's archives)

22. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    Pirates was great. Johnny Depp stole the movie. I'm a sucker for historical costume movies but I really like it. If I don't like what I'm watching I sit there and nitpick the inaccuracies but I was enjoying it too much to try and do that. Although I must say they did a good job on the clothes, buildings and general lifestyle.

I realized after I got home I never introduced myself to any of the people I hadn't met.

Krash I'm glad Emily liked the autograph. Anthony looked so pleased with himself when I told him she'd love it.

Edit: Spelling

23. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Krash, it's ok, feel free to post my pics ANYWHERE you want.

24. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    [image=http://homepage.mac.com/anrev/.Pictures/cast%20pics/IMAG0015.jpg]

More to come.

25. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Sorry I couldn't make it, but my mom didn't want jme toi ogo because we had to get up early teh next day to go on vacation. It was all rather last minute, and news to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.