main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Multi-fandom] Mixed bag drabbling Star Trek, The Doctor, and a Pretender

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by brodiew, Feb 23, 2012.

1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Author note: These drabble are inspired by my friend Mira_Jade. She supplied the quotes and the fandoms. I supplied the drabbles and the one world subheadings. I hope you enjoy this mixed bag.

Star Trek:2009

?Here we go again!?

Consternation

At the sound of an almost inaudible whisper, Doctor Leonard McCoy steps back from his usual position at the captain?s side and casually makes his way to the communications station.

?Why are you encouraging him?? Nyota asked, pointedly.

McCoy scowled at the question, but kept his cool. ?I?m not encouraging him. I?m doing my damnedest to discourage him.?

?I thought by now you?d know they are one and the same,? the communications officer added.

I prefer not to be patronized, Lieutenant,? the Doctor hissed in response.
    Nyota?s face softened. ?Sorry, Leo. Try agreeing with his crazy plan. It might actually give him pause.?

?If you are unwilling to release the Federation prisoners, I will be forced to come down there and be deliberately disruptive!? declared Captain Kirk.

?Too late,? said Uhura and McCoy in unison.

Staff Meeting From Hell

Irritation

Doctor McCoy sat back in his chair, arms folded, wearing a countenance of mild consternation. He watched Captain Jim Kirk conduct the staff meeting less like a maestro and more like a big top ring leader. It was controlled chaos.

?Bones!? Jim barked, shaking the doctor from reverie. "How is Sickbay doing??

?Fine, Captain,? the doctor said, calmly. ?We?re all fine down there.?

?Do you have anything to report?? Jim pressed, not willing to let him tune out as the other department heads went on about their little corners of the ship.

?No,? the doctor said dismissively. ?Nothing of great importance.?

Kirk narrowed his eyes and focused intently on his friend and CMO. ?There has to be something, Bones. Participation is required.?

McCoy nodded, as much to the captain as to himself. ?Since you won?t take no for an answer. There have been an oddly high number of crewman arriving in sick bay complaining of abuse in Uhura?s self defense class.?

Doctor Who

Anticipation

It was not a small decision to so, but it would be of little consolation to see Rose Tyler again. She would not recognize him. She would not yet know who The Doctor is, was, or will be. Her experiences with his Ninth and Tenth selves would be but a fantasy, and one not even dreamed of in Rose's presently stunted imagination.
    He had ponder long and ** how and when to approach her. Should he appear one day as a substitute school master? Bump into her at the library? Why not just appear, TARDIS and all, outside Henrick's one evening? Nothing seemed good enough. Nothing would be good enough. Yet he could not stop himself from seeing her again.

Apprehension

Rose entered the tutoring center apprehensively. She didn't want help, didn't think she needed it, but she also couldn't stand her mother's constant nagging about her grades. The lower end of average was okay for other kids, but not her daughter. Relenting, she signed up for an hour of instruction with someone called The Doctor. That was all it said. She didn't know the person, thought it a strange name, actually, but it was the only hour available so she took it.

Thankfully there were no other students in the room. Not that it mattered much to her reputation, but she didn't want to be thought of as stupid. Then again, any other student would be there for help as well.
    She noticed a man standing at the edge of a desk at the front of the classroom. He looked young, perhaps a university student slumming for cash. He had floppy brown hair, blue eyes, and wore a grin the size of the Grand Canyon. He certainly looked the part of an academic, wearing a simple, almost ratty, brown tweed suit, an off white shirt, and a bowtie! Bowties were not cool. Though, upon closer inspection, the tie did have flying pigs on it. Rose broached a small smile. Perhaps this wouldn't be as bad as she thought.

Pretender

?If you are not long, I would wa

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    What a delightfully fun grab-bag, brodie! I am so happy to see your muse in working order once again. [:D]

Star Trek: There seriously needs to be more McCoy/Uhura bantering in the world, especially with their shared pain in the neck. :p

And I especially liked:

?If you are unwilling to release the Federation prisoners, I will be forced to come down there and be deliberately disruptive!? declared Captain Kirk.

?Too late,? said Uhura and McCoy in unison.

There were so many in-character things about this moment that I don't even know where to begin. :p

And then, in the staff meeting, I could almost hear Kirk's kindergarten teacher voice when speaking to McCoy. Too priceless! And the last line was quite the zinger. [face_laugh]

Doctor Who: Because there is just something infinitely priceless about Eleven returning to help little Rose with her homework. I adored her thoughts on the bowtie - flying pigs! Priceless - That certainly would have been an interesting conversation when spoken aloud. :p

The Pretender: Oh, show of my heart. I shipped these two before I even knew what shipping was. :p I love how you were able to show Miss Parker strong and vulnerable at the same time here. And including the quote in the note rather than just using it as inspiration was particularly clever! It's just the sort of thing he would write. :p

Wonderfully done! I hope to see more from you soon. [:D]

~MJ @};-

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    These are great! I like the mixed bag idea :) My favorites were the Star Trek drabbles; Bones and Kirk are so much fun :D