main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Music video premiers

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by sith1137, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    i dont know if this is being discussed on other threads or if this is redundant or if this is even the place ot talk about this but does anyone know when Across the Stars music video premiers? i know its supposed to be on on the 16 but i doesnt say anything about it on mtvs or vh1s web site.

also on kornweb.com it said that theyre showing "here to stay" for 6 hours strait on mtv on monday morning, but i checked mtv.com and it didnt say anything about it. anybody hear or see anything?

2. simpsonjedi

simpsonjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    I emailed VH1 and have not gotten a response. I may just pop a tape in the VCR on SLP and let it run and hopefully get on tape.Any one else heard anything about a time of the Premiere of the ATS video?

3. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    If it's like Duel of the Fates, it'll premiere (this is for MTV only) on TRL. on the 23rd....

4. Darth_Potter

Darth_Potter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2001
    I think it's soposed to be on tomarrow.....

5. DARTHSURPRISE

DARTHSURPRISE Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    yeah i heard that it was to be on TRL(ugh)on april 16(tomorrow)

6. sith1137

Dec 13, 2001
    thats what i heard and i havent seen anything on vh1 and mtv. TF.N said its supposed to be tomarrow.hm...........

7. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    I seriously doubt that it'll be shown tomorrow, as neither SW.com nor MTV/VH1 have made any mention of it. It's more likely that it'll premier on the 23rd, the day all the AOTC merchandise hits stores. If you'll remember, the Duel of the Fates video premiered on May 3 along with all the TPM merchandise.

8. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    No, it's tomarrow.

Besides, the OS barely mentions these things anyway. They never announce ahead of time the premier of new making of videos or even the trailers. The same goes for the Music Videos as well.

ST

9. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Sooooo...

Tomorrow on TRL?

10. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    DotF was released simultaneously on MTV, VH1 and the official site on May, 10th (I looked it up). So it was even closer to the release date, and farther from the merchandise... wait, wasn't most of the merchandise released on May, 12th? That would make it just about the same time.

It would make sense to release the video earlier this time, as there is not so much foreign promotion. Lucasfilm seemingly went for extensive self-promotion this time: We've got 4 trailers, and that Australian station is still pumping out new scenes. Why would they drop the chance of releasing more material?

11. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I'll try to avoid the music video b/c I'm going to try to stay spoiler free from anymore actual movie clips. I remember the DotF video showed new scenes of the gungan army that I didn't want to see.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. Son of the Suns

May 6, 1999
    "DotF was released simultaneously on MTV, VH1 and the official site on May, 10th (I looked it up). So it was even closer to the release date, and farther from the merchandise... wait, wasn't most of the merchandise released on May, 12th? That would make it just about the same time."

Trust me, it was on the 3rd, not on the 10th. I remember waking up really early to buy the figures, taking a nap, and then waking up in time to watch the video. I also remember how they showed clips from the "midnight madness" on TRL right before the video.

13. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    So the question is why does TF.N think the premiere is today? ?[face_plain]

14. Temperamental

Temperamental Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2001
    Besides, the OS barely mentions these things anyway. They never announce ahead of time the premier of new making of videos or even the trailers. The same goes for the Music Videos as well.

*cough* Uhhuh...

15. Son of the Suns

May 6, 1999
    Jeff: I believe the press release for the soundtrack mentioned that the video might premiere today, but it didn't say anything concrete.

EDIT: Apparently, USA Today also mentioned that date, but now it's been confirmed as "tentative":

We've been in touch with the USA Today and the story they posted
    on the music video premiering today was a "tentative" date. They've
    mentioned a release date of Friday, but that is also tentative. The saga
    continues ...

16. sith1137

Dec 13, 2001
    i read the "tentative" part at school. well its just another week......... :(

17. The_Cloaked_One

The_Cloaked_One Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2002
    I heard it was shown last Tuesday and it will be shown again on Friday. If this is true, then where can I download it??? I check Kazaa every once in a while and I find nothing. Meesa needs help :(

18. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    It hasn't been shown yet. Tonight, Entertainment Tonight will show some stuff (I saw their commerical and it showed Williams conducting), and Friday is the tentative date for the music video.

19. The_Cloaked_One

Feb 27, 2002
    Hhhhmmmmm, ok thanx. Looks like I am going to have to download it before watching it on TV (damn my parents for getting rid of cable. Damn them to Tatooine!)

20. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    Thank God someone has an idea!!! Is it going to be on TRL? Gotta know!!! My high school history teacher let me go home early to tape Dual of the Fates, hopefully, my criminal justice instructor will do the same.

21. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I'm not for sure about the video, there's been no official confirmation. But, if it does come on this Friday on MTV, it would most likely be during TRL.

22. Jeff 42

Sep 14, 1998
    I don't think it will premiere on TRL on Friday.

Friday 4.19
    TRL is taking a break. We'll be back next week to count down the top ten most requested videos.

23. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Very good point Jeff. This is something to consider folks.

24. Jeff 42

Sep 14, 1998
    From the Official Soundtrack Website:

APRIL 23 - SEE THE VIDEO FOR THE NEW MUSIC OF STAR WARS ON MTV!

The video for "Across the Stars" - the Love Theme from Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones - premieres on MTV, April 23, 4pm EST!

DON'T MISS IT!

25. The_Cloaked_One

Feb 27, 2002
    Great. Its weird to see love music in a sci fi, but even more weird that they make a music video for it. Curiosity is getting to this cat. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.