main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY My Heartfelt Thoughts To Mr. Lucas.. a tribute

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Lord_Zannah, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    My Tribute To George Lucas, Not The Director Nor Producer Nor Writer.. But The Man.

All of his movie works have come from his heart, from his imagination. And he always held fast that Hollywood held great responsibility to everyone who is affected by what they see and hear.. and he is so right about that. Hollywood has had a HUGE effect on all of our lives and in many ways.

I wrote this to the man and placed it upon his facebook page, I hope he see's it. It's the first time I've ever sent him a fan letter. And I'm now glad for it to be the first, as you will see why. I added a couple of things to it here which will be in parentheses. [ ]

Well, from me to Uncle George. @};-

[​IMG]

Mr. Lucas, "A HAPPY RETIREMENT LETTER FROM ME TO YOU".

Greetings Mr. Lucas,
    In all of these years, I have never written a word to you. However, now you are retiring, and as we're pretty much the same age, I don't want to lose my chance to tell you from afar, just how much I appreciate the work you have done... on "all" fronts.

When I was 22 is when A New Hope hit the silver screen.

I've been a fan ever since and have "never" missed an opening night of a Star Wars movie.

Not only is it one of the most meaningful and morally impacting sagas I've ever seen of myth and human accomplishments and tragedies... and what those tragedies can do to those who are not prepared... I've had the best times and the most "rewarding" times of my life via the Star Wars medium.

Star Wars helped to usher me into humanitarian work, and this next part is very important... Due to the fact that the Star Wars saga was able to distract me so utterly... it has helped me to heal after I lost the most important and respected person in my life, "My Father". And it continues to do that to this day. I loved and still love my Father... very much. I miss him.

I want to deeply "Thank you" for bringing a story line into existence, which was able to do for me, what it wound up being able to do..... To help me heal, and it continues to heal. Please accept my thanks.

I know you probably did not intend for your Universe to have the effects on people that it has, and your probably blown away about it all .... but the facts are, it simply "has". >;~) In a way, it makes it that much more wonderful.

As you can see, the Star Wars saga has meant much, much more to me but only being great entertainment. [which it is. >;~) ]

We never know how we will have impacts on those around us, even total strangers. But you, via the catalyst of your work.... have done that and many times over.

I have hoped I would have an impact on people in a great and grand way, something which my descendants would be proud of... as my Father did, and as "you" have done. I can only hope.

At any rate... I am happy that I have never written you until now. Because now... I have a life time of experiences to relay to you, to let you once again know how you impacted someones life, even unintentionally. And that in my way of seeing it, is even better. The innocence in all of it is... some how more endearing.

You have worked hard all of your life and threw those years, you have listened to some of us whine to you about "A Great Many Things". [ however not from me ;) ]

Aside from my little explanation of why I came to love Star Wars [and to respect you as a human being.] .... so much.

quick note to everyone: [I hate that I absently left that last part out.. it's the most important! My thoughts aren't always fleshed out.. one of my weaknesses.] ... moving along.

I want to first off, "Thank You" ... for everything. For everything sir.

Secondly, I want to wish you a very happy retirement George. Hey, I'm an old woman... I think maybe I can call you George? :) Wow... I truly and sincerely hope that your retirement is filled with all of "your" dreams come true. [:D]

And last but no where near least,
    May The Force Be With You ........... Always. >;~)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And link to view my little tribute album, which I'll be building upon.. here:
    http://s614.beta.photobucket.com/user/Darth_Zannah/library/A Tribute To George Lucas

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Very heartfelt indeed. Very nice and the tribute album is a nice idea.

3. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    [​IMG]
    This one is my fav.

11-11 likes this.
  4. Commander APPO

Commander APPO Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 19, 2012
    Just think Jammies after he retires he can look at this and say

"I'm only wish the fans could have done this too"

5. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    I mean, without George Lucas, these boards would not exist and we wouldn't have this great community but would be out in the world trying to get LIVES...the horror!

6. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Wow! That is a great photo of our Uncle you have there my Jammies!! Absolutely great! Its now my favorite too!

And yea... I'm going to miss him at the helm... terribly so. :(