main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My Resignation as CR of the Dayton Fellowship

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by Sean_Starrider, Jun 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    I have decided to step down as CR of Dayton. Nobody asked me to step down or anything like that, I just feel I've put in my time and now it's somebody's else's turn to lead this great group of people. I nominate Sarah to take my place, If anyone sees any reason why she should not be my Successor then state it here publically or forever hold your peace. Sarah you will be a great CR, Congratulations.

The reasons why I am stepping down...There is not 1 reason more a combination of reasons. First of all I am not gonna be able to put in the time that this position requires. Between now and Christmas I will be working a ton of hours, getting Married and I will be going on quite a few roadtrips to football games this fall/winter. I'll be going to 4 Steelers games, 2 Notre Dame games and 2 Pitt games, Plus there is a good possibility I will be flying out to Los Angeles for the USC/Cal game. The weekends will be divided between football games and wedding stuff and during the week I work full time. Another reason I am stepping down is that I am just flat out burned out on the politics of Fanforce. I am tired of having to deal with problem solving, troublesome people, troublesome situations, ect. I'm just burned out on the whole thing and I just want to be a fan again. I led a revolt, Brought Fanforce to a new city and developed what I think is a pretty kick ass Fanforce. That's enough for me, Now it's time to pass the torch to Sarah. I will still be very active in attending fanforce events/meetings and posting here. I want to thank Krash for showing me the ropes when I first became CR and for continuing to watch over us and I am sure he will do the same for Sarah. I'll be staying on as First Officer to help Sarah with any questions or concerns. I think that is about it, It has been an honor to serve all of you and thanks for being the best Fanforce a CR could ever hope for. MTFBWY

2. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I want to thank Krash for showing me the ropes when I first became CR and for continuing to watch over us and I am sure he will do the same for Sarah.
    Anytime, my friend! From day one I was impressed how this group (under your leadership) became a full chapter of FF...in just 3 weeks! It says alot about both you and the dedicated group of people that make up Dayton FF, to stand their ground...even when the odds were against you, and stand together as friends.

Is this an "official" transfer of CR authority...or does there need to be some kind of confirmation? Sarah, when you're ready...PM me and I will set things in motion for your promotion to "the blue man group" ;)

3. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    Well, the 'vote' was held on the other boards.. And I'm now the CR-elect. x_x Dear god.. I fear for this Fan Force, you're in the hands of an Engineer! (... <_< >_> Ok.. maybe not.. but still!)

4. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Congratulations Sarah!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but FanForce requires that all Chapter Reps be at least 18 years of age for legal and security reasons. Since you won't be 18 until August, we need to appoint an interim Chapter Rep (not residing in the same household) until your 18th birthday. If Sean could stay on as CR another 2 months, that would probably be the easiest option as we wouldn't have to promote someone and then demote them two months later. If that is not possible, please hold a vote and get back to me regarding who your chosen interim CR is.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

5. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    please hold a vote and get back to me regarding who your chosen interim CR is.
    While you're at it...PM me when you guys have someone for the job. As the RSA on duty...I should probably know?

6. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Thats a better idea. Go ahead and PM Krash directly and I'll trust him to keep me in the loop. Thanks!

7. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Sean, Jedi_Junkie...as I told you two (in private) I (well FF in general) need someone to act as CR, until Jedi_Junkie can take charge. I don't mind if she still manages things with your group (offline)...but I do need someone to designate for TFN/FF.

BTW, Jedi_Junkie...when is your birthday. The minute you turn 18, PM me and this all becomes academic!

8. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    I'll stay on as CR until Sarah turns 18.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.