main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My Resignation

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Silmarillion, Feb 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    As of today, 14th February, I am resigning from the position of JC moderator and FanForce RSA.

A number of events have led me to this decision. Here is how I saw it. About a week ago, I posted a reference to Episode-X in Koreynl's user notes. Vertical saw this, checked the IPs of the person who posted it and realised it was different to the last post of mine. What he didn't realise, is that I use the JC both at work and at home; two different IP addresses. Vertical then assumed that someone had hacked my account and I was demoted and all of my mod privileges were revoked.

This all happened while I wasn't at home, so when checked my email the next morning I saw a ton of emails discussing that either I was the mole, that I had my account hacked, or it was all a misunderstanding that would be sorted out. This came as quite as a shock, since I had absolutely no idea what happened. I would like to actually thank Vertical for taking the time out to email me the whole story of what happened.

The rest is pretty much public knowledge.

After not receiving any updates from anyone on TFN staff, I was pretty angry. It's one thing to be demoted, it's another to be demoted and not hear from anyone why or when it would be sorted out. So I decided to take a week off to see if I still wanted to do this job. I've put in hundreds of hours of volunteer time here and I thought that was worth something.

After a few days I thought about returning. Then Sebulba-X was made to choose between a position at Episode-X or to continue his FanForce duties in the Celebration forum. The mods were placed under "martial law" it was said. Bobafemme (who is a good friend) objected the decision to make SebX choose, and resigned.

Under pinning all of this is TFN's inability to deal with problems and their treatment of their staff. Ternian and BobtheGoon, both respectable members of PSA were banned because they didn't hand over information they didn't have about darthpsychotic. Statements like "If DP is Bin Laden, then Episode-X is Afghanistan" prove that TFN's efforts to smooth over relations with Episode-X are for PR value only. Currently, they are still banned.

A note to TFN: darthpsychotic isn't the real problem here; he brings facts to light which show TFN's hypocracy. Fix the problems within your staff and your procedures and you'll find that dp has nothing to show anyone.

Enough of the bad stuff. I want to thank a few people who have made my time here very enjoyable. All of the FanForce staff: you guys are awesome! You constantly amaze me with your dignity and determination. If everyone was like you, this place would be Utopia. The mods of the PSA: especially Padme Bra and greencrosscode. Whenever PSA seemed like an insurmountable pile of redundant threads, you guys were there. Thanks for being very cool people. The Aussie mods: Kadue, DA, stinrab, and epic. I guess you'll have to take over the world without me this time. :)

Thank you for reading.
    Kerryn (Silmarillion)

P.S. No, I'm not leaving the boards, just resigning.

2. Hurricane Vader

Hurricane Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 1999
    Too bad.

You were a good admin; hate to see ya go.

3. AL

AL Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 22, 1998

Goodbye Silmarillion and sorry to see you go. I will miss our conversations on football and Tokien: I still have so much to learn about the latter.

Take care of yourself mate. :)

4. Jedi Chikara

Jedi Chikara Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 1999
    You have our support Sil. Hopefully some things will change at TFN so you can once again help a community that evidently needs and wants you back.

5. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Hate to see a good apple go because of the bad ones Sil,

6. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Farewell, but not goodbye, babe.

You were one of the first people I met at the JC and I have always found you to be intelligent, fair, sexy and cool.

This is indeed a sad day. :(

7. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    I can see the problem, but it's good it won't cost us your precense around the place at least.

8. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    hate to see you go, sil.

but so long as you do really stay on the boards, and not leave permanently like so many mods do, then i guess its ok.

just dont up and leave us completely.

9. IwasIamyoda10

IwasIamyoda10 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2000
    man, that sucks.

10. Crimson

Crimson Jedi Master star 4

Jan 18, 2002
    I fully support your decision Silly Putty. Youre one of the few who actually gave a damn about the reality of the boards, not just some figures that would look good on paper. You have heart, unlike some others, and that goes a long way in the real world.

It's a shame that the Staff couldnt handle their business like professionals. It goes to show the integrity of the people in charge, and what they really care about. At no point were you ever in the wrong and your situation should have never been handled the way it was; it was just bad decision making that causes all this drama and b.s. Youre #1 in my book, Silly.

We luv ya.

Happy V-Day [face_love]

11. Lobot_Omy

Lobot_Omy Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 2001
    Hopefully you won't leave this board. Losing Ternian and BobTheGoon is bad enough already.

12. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Now that I understand why, I completly agree with you resigning.

I wish you luck as a regular member, and I hope that the Modsquad gets their ***** straitened out.

13. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    [gollum]No! Silmarillion's lost![/gollum]

Amin (insert elvish word for miss)uva lle.

Namarrie, modamin.

I sense the beginning of a new Dark Age. It has come.

14. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    This is really saddening. You were the best mod this place had. They drove you away like sebulba x and bobafemme. When will they get a grip on things around here.

:(

15. EmpressPalpatine

EmpressPalpatine Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 31, 2001
    Godspeed, Kerryn. You were a fair moderator, and someone I am glad to call a friend. I'm sorry that this happened to you, of all people, but I see your reasonings, and respect you for keeping above the BS. I hope you continue to bring us the "This Day in History" feature. It makes the countdown go faster.

It's a shame this place has stopped being fun, and has turned into a e-version of a high-school popularity contest.

16. Crimson

Crimson Jedi Master star 4

Jan 18, 2002
    A note to TFN: darthpsychotic isn't the real problem here; he brings facts to light which show TFN's hypocracy. Fix the problems within your staff and your procedures and you'll find that dp has nothing to show anyone.

I dont think I couldve said it better myself! Simply and bluntly stated babe.

17. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
  18. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    So sorry to see you go, Sil! I have to agree with some of your reasons. I just hope things do get straightened out soon for the better of the boards.

The door will always be open, friend. :)

Oh, and Happy Valentine's Day! [face_love]

19. Shadow-Hunter

Shadow-Hunter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2002
    :(

It was good to know a Mod like you Sil.. I hope they're will be more like you in the future...

You are a good Mod in my way of JC... :) Godspeed and all.

[EDIT] whoops...almost forgot.. happy Valatines Day ;)

20. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Nthan, check out my thread in Community.

//prepares to be banned.

21. Gerry

Gerry Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 1999

I disagree. Resigning like this is pathetic, even if you don't pull a Vertical and pop back in here as an admin in a few days/weeks/months, pretending everything's peachy.

What do you hope to gain by resigning? What good could possibly come from it? Or is this simply a H. Thoreau 'protest' maneuver that allows you to draw attention to yourself while hiding your impotence. If there is something wrong with the JC, roll up your sleeves and work with the other admins to fix it. If that is beyond you, then just go quietly into that dark, anonymous neverland of being a regular JC user.

22. Carter-TFN

Carter-TFN Ex-Staff, Admin Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2001
    It's good to know you won't be leaving us completely. Thanks for all of your hard work, it's greatly appreciated.

May the force be with you ...

23. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    DON'T GO!!! PLEASE!!!! :(

24. Wattowatta

Wattowatta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2000
    Damnit.....forum politics strike again. Hate to see you go, Sil.

25. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Gerry. You have no idea what you're talking about. This thread is to say goodbye to the best mod this place ever had. If you don't have anything nice to say to her then just go quietly into the dark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.