main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist My Star wars fan art: Please rate

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Obi-wan_See's_U, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Obi-wan_See's_U

Obi-wan_See's_U Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2013
    Ive been drawing for years. Star wars is an amazing trilogy, Woah. Heres my Obi-wan picture i drew this moring. It turned out so good... i just cant believe it.[​IMG]
    More to come. But until then just enjoy.

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Welcome to the boards!

You have the beginnings of an interesting art style there, so you should cultivate that. Though, I do wonder what Obi-wan is doing. Is he crushing a beer can with the Force (that would make for an amusing visual: Jedi crushing beer cans on their foreheads, using the Force...)? Do you have a scanner, or have access to a scanner? The image is a bit dark and blurry, so I am having some trouble making out the details. Even if you don't have a scanner, if you set up a three-point lighting rig and have a very steady camera mount, you can take pictures of drawings that way. The paper would need to be lit evenly, so that may take some toying with until you get it the way you want.

The hand seems a bit oddly proportioned. Hands are difficult subjects to draw, particularly at various angles. However, most artists have a free hand to reference from, so posing your hand and referencing from it usually helps. Taking pics of your hand in a mirror also helps, when in need of a reference. Obi-wan's ears are a bit low on his face, too. An easy trick to determine ear placement and size is to remember that the top of the ear lines up with the end of the eyebrow, while the bottom of the ear lines up with the tip of the nose. If you look at pictures of people's faces, you'll notice that people with small noses have small ears, people with long noses have long ears, and if the eyebrows are lopsided, the ears usually follow suit. For example, my right eyebrow is higher than my left. My right ear is also higher than my left, and my glasses sit lopsided on my face due to that.

Obi-wan's eyes are a tad too close together. When determining eye placement, the width between the eyes is usually equal to one eye width. His likeness, however, is pretty close, as I can see some Clone Wars style influences. However, because the image is a bit dark, it is difficult to make out many details.

So, how many years have you been drawing? What type of drawing set-up do you usually use? What kind of paper and pencils do you prefer? I do like your animated art style and I hope to see more work from you. You've got the potential, there are just a few things that need to be polished. :)