main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN NashvilleForce T-shirts?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by k kanos, Jan 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Design looks good.

2. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Looks great to me Scott.

We can all vote on it come 2/1. But, it really does look awesome! ;)

3. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    Due to the favorable requests I've gotten on the shirts, I've already printed out the front logos and transfered them onto the shirts. My time is limited, so I'm trying to work on them as I have it available.

I'll be working on the back during the next few weeks. I would much appreciate it if people could please give me feedback now rather than waiting for the meeting on February 1st. Not everyone will be able to make it to the meeting and I would appreciate everyones' input on these. That's the main reason I've been posting the pictures is to get feedback. I can hold off on transfering the back (its taking me longer than I anticipated to render the clones anyway) until after the meeting. If anyone has any ideas for rewording the text, please by all means post your suggestions and I'll see if I can incorporate your ideas. Thanks for all of your comments. :)

By the way, I did add our website address on the front logo in purple on the base of the white skyline (It's not shown on the image above). It's small, but it looks cool though and it is legible. I thought of it at the last minute and I'm glad. Got to get the plug in for www.NashvilleForce.com ! ;)

4. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    YES!!! They just posted the 12" figures for AOTC and it just so happens that one of them is a Clone Trooper. I wasn't too far off. Now I can be fairly accurate with the T-shirts. :D

5. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    HIP HIP... HOORAY!!

:D

6. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    It's been an interesting week for me in working on the shirts. Just when I thought I had the rendering of the first clone pretty much down, a new image of a clone would be released with new detailed information. I would spend a few hours to tweak my rendering of the first clone and another image would appear a little more detailed than the last. However, the best was when T'bone at Cinescape sent me an extremely detailed image (from another source who will go unamed ;) )of the front of a clone holding a rifle. That one helped tremendously. If you've seen my artwork you can guess that I'm a bit of a perfectionist. So, without rambling on any further, here is the first rendered clone:
    [image=http://www.scottjohnstonart.com/sys-tmpl/nss-folder/scrapbook/clone4.jpg]
    The others should hopefully not take near as long. But, alas, the T-shirts will not be ready for the meeting on February 1st :( . I will bring a T-shirt and a golf shirt though so you all can at least see what the front image looks like on the shirts. If you E-mailed me for a shirt, I went and bought them as promised. If you are attending the meeting at Cozymels, I would appreciate it if you pay me for the shirts then. I will most definitely E-mail everyone who ordered a shirt when they are finished. It should be no later than the end of February. I'll bring them to whichever meeting is closest to that time. If you can't make it, we can discuss arrangements to get it to you somehow.

I'm still throwing some ideas around about the wording, text style and arrangement, but the clone poses will remain the same. I also thought about perhaps including four of our FanForce names and then putting the FanForce name of the person who's shirt it is underneath one of the clones. What do you all think about that. Cool? Silly? Anyway, I will post a final design before I start transfering it to the shirts. I think these shirts are going to be absolutely AWESOME! Have a great weekend everyone! Peace :)

7. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    I promise I won't post any more pictures after this one until the final (preliminary) design is done, but I just wanted to show everyone that I was indeed progressing on the shirts.
    [image=http://www.scottjohnstonart.com/sys-tmpl/nss-folder/scrapbook/clone2.jpg]
    This clone didn't take nearly as long as the first, but it is mostly a reverse image of the first with some adjustments to the arms and of course a different instrument. I'll show you the full scale preliminary layout with text at the meeting Friday. :)

8. padmeamidala55

padmeamidala55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2001
    I still want one, and I like the ideal of our names on them.

I have a new E-mail Address it is JadeSkywalker@hotmail.com

9. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Hey all! We've recently finished up working on our shirts and the slated date for us to get them is for our meeting next week. You guys have been busy bees! Good work on the designs k kanos. Looks great!

Those of you who are coming to C2, I encourage you to bring some of your shirts for trade. I know I will have some IK shirts available and MysterySith is wanting to start a collection as well.

You guys' shirts looked wicked cool though! Woo hoo.

10. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    Thanks Shara. Good idea about trading at the CB2! ;) Please save an IK shirt for me. Being born and raised in Indiana, I definitely want one (medium please :) ). I'll save one for you too. What size? About how many extras are you guys making for trade?

PA55, I have a golf shirt for you as requested. Are you wanting a T-shirt also? ?[face_plain]

11. Jagon Tor

Jagon Tor Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2000
    Just wanted to say that I'd really like to put in for one of the T-shirts...awesome work!

12. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Hey guys, great looking Shirt.

Like Shara said, I am looking to collect all Fanforce related shirts. I am planning to wear them while waiting on line in NYC.

Let me know what I have to do to get a shirt.

PM or E-mail me

13. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    As of 2/1/02 any T-shirt orders from today on, with current prices being what they are, will be $13.50 for regular sized T-shirts (S, M, L, XL) , $15.50 for XXL sized T-shirts. If you are a Nashville Fan Force member and still want one, please get your order in ASAP. I will probably be printing these in about two or three weeks. We should hopefully be finalizing the design tonight at the meeting, so I can finish up the graphics. Thanks :)

14. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    Good news! The design for the shirts is almost done. One more clone to go and finite! I'm even contemplating on highlighting the Clone Trooper with Hama's name underneath like the commanding troopers are (red markings) - check out the toyfair pictures to see what I mean , since he was our chapter's founding father (so to speak) ;) .

A few guidelines on the shirts to help guarantee their longevity:

1) Do not use detergent with bleach alternative (or bleach :eek: DOH! )- the instructions don't say why, but I would imagine it might fade the image.

2) Wash the shirts inside out. The propeller or the walls of the washing machine or dryer might rub up against the image and nick or chip it.

3) Don't stetch the fabric that the image is on. I found this out the hard way. Although I did tranfer it onto a thick, highly-textured sweatshirt which the instructions said not to anyway. I was in the process of putting it on and stretched it with my elbow and it cracked in multiple places right down the texture of the fabric. ARGH! It should be better with a golf shirt and T-shirt, but I wouldn't push it.

4) After a few washings, the image might fade slightly. To bring the colors back out, just take a piece of wax paper or silicone paper, place it over the image and iron for a few seconds (use the cotton setting and no steam). I tried it and the colors of the image zinged right back and looked like it did when I first put it on. Pretty cool eh! :D

I'll post the final image sometime next week. Then on to transfering the images to the backs of the shirts. I might need some help on this one Elan-Rai ;)

15. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Say the word Scott and I will do what I can. :D

16. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    Thanks Elan-Rai! I certainly will ;)

THE DESIGN FOR THE T-SHIRTS IS DONE!!! WHOOP! WHOOP! WHOOP! :) :) :D

[image=http://www.scottjohnstonart.com/sys-tmpl/nss-folder/scrapbook/NADbackSMALL.jpg]

I repositioned the clones for spacial reasons as well as I thought it would look better for them to be facing more inward than outward like I had them before. I'm putting the person's name that ordered the shirt under the clone in the center. For those who's names are already there ( Hama & JediToren) Just let me know whos name you would like under the middle clone. Elan-Rai is putting Lady-Rai for his middle clone :)

I'll probably start transfering them this weekend. I'll see how long it takes me Elan-rai and I'll let you know if I need some help. I'm going to make a template so that it will make laying out the design on the shirts a lot easier.

What do you guys think of the red detailed trooper? I guess its supposed to be a commander or super trooper. I got the markings off the Hasbro figure from the gun ship Hasbro showed this week from the toy fair. I can remove the coloring easily (its on a layer that I can turn off). Let me know if you think it's too obnoxious by tomorrow please, before I start running transfer sheets through the printer.

17. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    I think the red markings on the clone trooper looks great!

Can I have red markings too? :D

18. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    I don't have a problem with red markings.

19. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    I'll see what I can do Elan-Rai ;)

20. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    Here is the text I'm using on the sleeves. It looks better than this image actually shows as the text effect got distorted proportionally when I scale it down in order to post it on my website at a reasonable size.
    [image=http://www.scottjohnstonart.com/sys-tmpl/nss-folder/scrapbook/NASHVILLEFORCE.jpg]

Here is also the back of the T-shirts with Elan-Rai's clone all painted a nice pretty red just for Valentines day [face_laugh] Happy now Jay :)

[image=http://www.scottjohnstonart.com/sys-tmpl/nss-folder/scrapbook/1NADbackSMALL.jpg]

BTW Please don't ask to have any more clones painted red ;) . NOT GONNA DUIT. WOULDN'T BE PRUDENT AT DIS JUNCTA [face_laugh] Two looks cool. Any more might be too much. Any other comments, concerns, questions, desires, or fantasies ?[face_plain]

Don't ask me about the last two or I'll have to force pike ya [face_devil] (Unless of course you are Natalie Portman or Sarah Michelle Gellar [face_love] ). Then you can meet me at my place and I'll see what I can do you for - er I mean for you :D YEAH RIGHT- AS IF!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I've fallen and I can't get up. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

21. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    Looks good. I can't wait to get mine.

22. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    The final design is awesome, Scott. Most impressive. I can't wait to get one!

I may have to go traitor in Indy and wear a Nashville FF shirt rather than a DFW one!

23. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    Thanks Moff! :) Your's will be the first one I send out. The rest of you will just have to wait for the meeting on March 1st :p ;)

24. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Thanks for the color change... :D

25. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    NO PROBLEMO! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.