main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Negotiations with Destiny (ROTJ AU) Updated June 2:th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Queengodess, Apr 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Well, here we go again with another AU. It's set during ROTJ (starts about almost directly after the Emperor's arrival to the Death Star) and centers around Vader. Enjoy, and give me some feedback.

---

A universe in turmoil.

Imbalance in the Force.

Chaos. Darkness.

But yet, balance was in the achiveing. Time itself had waited for the day, when the ultimate battle would be fought.

The time had come.

---

Darth Vader pondered the Emperor's words as he headed for his meditation pod. So. Luke would come to him?

Well. Perhaps. The boy's potential for compassion was great. Something he must have inheriated from his mother. His mother -

No. Vader pushed away the thought. _She_ was the past. Gone, a long time ago. He'd carefully banned her from his mind. And that banning had worked for yeart - why would he think of her now?

Vader sighed. Somewhere deep inside he almost knew the answer, even though it wasn't a truth he would ever admit. The boy, who stirred so much emotions within him.

The Dark Lord waved his hands and the motionsensitive controls ordered the upper half of the domeshaped meditation pod to lift. He entered the small cabin and sat down. Let the chamber close around him. He didn't turn on the lights.

Darkness. He needed it more than ever now.

To convert the boy. To sway him.

As another young Jedi had been swayed so many years ago.

The thought was disturbing. Ever since Bespin, all his memories seemed to return, to haunt him. It had been that way in the beginning, before he learned how to control the Dark Side and its power.

A loud beep cut through the silence. He turned his heard sharply, a slight frown on his face. Why would anyone be calling him now?

Well. He guessed he better find out.

The Dark Lord leaned forward and turned on the holoscreen. The Emperor's face was gigantic, so that every wrinkle, every trace of the Dark Side, was visible.

"My master. What is it?"

The Emperor was angry. His every feature told him that a thousands times, already before the ruler spoke and his voice revealed the rage lingering under the thin layer of smoothness.

"A...complication has appeared. I would have you come to the throne room immediately."

A complication? He had a bad feeling about this...

"I shall be there at once, my master."

The screen went black as the image of Darth Sidious disappeared. Vader stood unmoving for a moment. Something was very, very wrong.

Then he roused his shoulders and emerged from his pod, heading for the throne room where his master was waiting for him.

The Emperor was alone when he entered the dark hall. It was big, was the throne room, and onlyh dimly lit. Darth Vader walked up the stairs and knelt before his master, who sat with his back towards him, staring out through the big panorma window.

Only for a moment, though. Then the throne turned and Darth Vader was facing the ruler of the known galaxy, Darth Sidious. Or as the public knew him: Emperor Palpatine, the former Senator of Naboo, and later Supreme Chancellor.

"Get up", the Emperor said shortly. The lack of "Lord Vader" or "my friend" was clear indications of his fool mood. However, Vader could feel that that anger wasn't directed at him. At what, he couldn't determine. And under the anger he felt something else...almost like...fear?

"Why have you summoned me here, master?"

The yellow eyes seemed to burn, like the thousand fires of hell.

"Minutes ago, I received a technical report from one of my aides." He paused. "Apparently, there is a flaw in Death Star's construction."

"A flaw?"

"The deflector shield doesn't function. Nor does the laser. It will take days, perhaps weeks, to correct that."

So. He could understand the Emperor's concern. This might turn out to be a total disaster -

"What about the Rebel's attack?"

"Yes, what about it? The technican responsible for this had no answer. Not in life, though."

Vader could imagine that the man's death had been something spectacular. And messy. The Emperor had a way of

Tay Neir likes this.
  2. Djuva

Djuva Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2000
    Great start, Kee!

3. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Cool idea!

:D What does Mr Murphy say everytime...?? :D

4. Luke'sryb

Luke'sryb Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2000
    Luke will sense a ruse and warn his twin sister Leia to not trust the Emperor. After all look what happened to their mother and father. Padme was tricked into making Palpatine a Chancellor and later he proclaimed himself Emperor and turned Anakin into Vader. I've got a feeling ol' Palpy is in for a surprise. MORE PLEASE..

5. LeiaSkywalker

LeiaSkywalker Jedi Master star 3

Mar 31, 2001
    Very very good idea!!!!

6. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Oh, this looks interesting indeed. I wonder how the meeting between Luke & Vader will go with no major battle imminent.

7. LadyZ

Jun 16, 2000
  8. anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
    Wow!!!! :)

Great start Queengodess!

9. NamelessAlien

NamelessAlien Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 25, 1999

That was great! Only I always want to read the title of this fic as "Negotiations with destiny".

So. What next? Luke is probably there, ne? :)

10. Twinnie

Twinnie Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 5, 2001
    hey, another fic by Kee ! good, good ! and a good idea too (one that has probably never be done yet... deserves Champagne =)

Seagoat likes this.
  11. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    OO! COOL!!! This sounds totally cool! I wonder if Luke will still learn of Leia's relationship to him, and how she'll react to her relationship to Vader!! Sososososososososo awesome! Keep going!!

AngelQueen

12. crystal417

crystal417 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    WOW! That was... powerful! :) I will defiantly be reading!!!

13. Moopz_Vader

Moopz_Vader Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2001
    I can't wait to see how this is going to turn out! Your writing is GREAT, Kee! Keep it up! :)

14. Queengodess

Jul 18, 2000
    Well, thank you everyone! Nameless Alien, I'm sorry about the spelling. I can never learn how to spell that word. You'll have to excuse my mistakes though. English isn't my native. Moopz_Vader, it's so cool to have you hear! Even though you shouldn't be wasting your time reading fics, when you have your own to work with! Other Side is probably the best fic I've ever read, and I love the sequel!

Anyway, here we go again. More surprises...Enjoy!

---

"I'm not so sure about this, princess. Tell you the truth, I think we're walking straight into a trap."

Leia nodded reluctantly, as she walked by his side down the corridor, towards Mon Mothma's office.

"I agree. Mon Mothma is right, though. We can't really defend an attack when the Empire is offering to negate."

"We can't, huh?"

Han shook his head, and glanced at Luke, who'd returned from wherever he'd been just in time to hear the Emperor's call. Leia followed his look and frowned, concerned. Luke had seemed distant when he hugged her, and hadn't uttered a word during the heated discussion.

"Luke, are you fine?"

He gave her and absent-minded look.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, I'm fine."

Han grinned, and winked at Chewie.

"C'mon, kid. You're just planning how to lung for Vader as soon as you set eyes upon him."

Luke stiffened.

"What? You think he'll be there?"

"Can almost promise it. And you'll be too, oh favored hero of the Alliance."

"I'm sure we all will", Leia said sharply.

Chewie grunted something. Han nodded firmly, and looked at Leia.

"I agree with Chewie. This whole thing stinks, big time."

Leia was about to reply when she suddenly...

_felt_ something.

Felt what? It was like...

...and it was gone. She looked up puzzled and found Luke staring out into nothingness. Apparently he'd felt it, whatever it was, too.

"Luke", she whispered. "What was that?"

"I..." He seemed to be very far away, as if searchin for something with his mind. Then he stiffened, and his eyes grow wide. Without another word, he turned on his heels and ran down the corrridor, back to the conference room.

"Hey, what..." Han said. Leia wasn't there to hear the rest, though. She started to run as well, following Luke's quick footsteps. She found him just outside the big chamber they'd left some minutes ago.

She gave him a annoyed glance.

"Luke, will you tell me why..."

Before she would finish the sentence he pushed the controls and the door slid open with a low hiss. He stepped into the room, Leia following him quietly. And almost bumped straight into his as he stopped abruptly.

"What is it?" she hissed. He didn't answer. Quite a frustrating habit, that. Determined, she pushed him aside. Stared at the scene before her.

A group of robbed being stood in front of them, everyone looking just as puzzled as Leia felt. A quick glance at Luke's face told her that whoever these persons were, they weren't supposed to be here.

"Who are they, Luke?" she whispered.

Luke had a pretty good idea, even thouhg he only recognized two of the beings. But it was impossible -

Before anyone could say anthing, Han stormed into the room, blaster in his hand. Just as Luke had, he stopped dead as he spotted the strangers.

One of them wasn't that strange.

"Hey!", he blurted out, pointing his blaster at the bearded man. "Aren't you supposed to be dead?"

"I am", Obi-Wan confirmed grimly. He looked at the rest of the gathered Jedi. "Apparently we're alive again, though."

Darth Vader was stalking down Executor's bridge. It would take them about two days to reach Coruscant. The Dark Lord frowned. He still had very certain doubts about this whole idea.

The sudden Forcewave hit him with full power.

What...?

It felt wrong...totally wrong. It was the Force, all these sudden impressions that washed over him, but it...was as if it was twisted. Or turned inside out.

If flowed through him, took over his body, and he lost consciousness -

He awoke after what seemed like eternity. Even though he realized it couldn't h

Tay Neir likes this.
  15. LadyZ

Jun 16, 2000
    I'm staring at my monitor with my mouth open... :eek: :eek:

I vote for it as the surprise of the week!!!

Whoooaoaoaoaooao!!!!!

:D It means I LOVE surprises!!!!!

16. LeiaSkywalker

LeiaSkywalker Jedi Master star 3

Mar 31, 2001
    WOW!!!!!I'm completely stunned!!!!That was so cool!!!!!!!!please, write more soon,hehe!

17. anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

**stares at computer screen** Whoa!!! I wasn't expecting... That!

This has to be the twist of the month, because I never saw any twist like this, Kee! Whoa...
    Great post! :)

18. Luke'sryb

May 17, 2000
    WOW!

That new post was a mind blower.....I knew ol' Palpy did something stupid.. Now how did the Jedis, especially Kenobi come back and Darth is now Anakin. You mean he was lying naked on the deck of his ship? Hee Hee! [face_mischief]

19. Luke'sryb

May 17, 2000
    Just spotted a major error with the title

Don't you mean.....Negotiations with Destiny?

Negotiations means lets talk.

Negation means negative.

Other than that its okay.....Still I love the fact that Vader or is it Anakin now is buck naked. :D

20. Twinnie

Twinnie Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 5, 2001
    :D :D :D that's a huge twist... one of the twists that can really change everything... I'm looking for the balance of the Force, here...

btw, who is resurrected ? Qui-Gon ? Mace ? the Jedi who were killed by DV during the Purges ? ... not Yoda, huh ? :mad:

21. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Wow, I didn't see that coming! It's going to be interesting to see where you take this.

22. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Im SO surprised!! Didnt even see that coming... :eek: This story is soooo interesting!! I am officially hooked! Please post again soon!! :D

23. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Very interesting. I'm watching this one.

24. Shinning_Star

Shinning_Star Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2000
    Welcome back, Brother Anakin. We've been expecting you.

Caslia

25. Queengodess

Jul 18, 2000
    Yeah, I know about the title...a clumsy mistake. Can you stand it, or should I repost it, with the right title?

Well, anyway, thanks for the nice comments. Well, rest assured the inhabitants of the GFFA is just as surprised as you...Here we go! Enjoy!

---

Okay. So this explained Piett's stare. Thank the Force the bridge was more or less empty, and that none except for the Admiral seemed to have noticed Vader's...uhm, interesting situation.

So. What to do now? Stand up and march to his quarters, there find some suiting clothes? He dismissed that idea, before it had even finished forming itself in his brain. Not a chance.

The Dark Lord sighed. Piett had already seen him, so well, better use him.

"Piett", he commanded harshly.

The Admiral swallowed, but managed to keep his composure quite well as he stepped forward to stand before his superior.

"Yes, my lord?" he said, his eyes firmly set on the opposite wall. He was trying so hard to show that he wasn't looking at Vader, it almost made the Sith laugh.

"Get me some clothes. Fast. I'll be..." he let his gaze sweep over the room, "waiting here."

Piett's education hadn't prepared him for situations like this. But on the other hand, it had taguht him to obey orders. So he gave a military nod, turned on his heels and hurried away.

Vader watched him leave, and suddenly realized he was grinning.

Grinning - he?

Well, yeah, grinning. It was wonderful - more so than he could ever say - to be himself again. And there _was_ a certain humor in the situation. He could allow himself a grin.

As long as it didn't become a habit.

He looked around the bridge again. Better move to some place where he wasn't so easy to spot. So far, no one had noticed him, and he would prefer it if it stayed that way.

Could be hard to accomplish, though. If he rose, someone _would_ see it. Or would they? These Imperials were supposed to mind their own business. Perhaps they wouldn't look up.

Well, it was walking or crawling. Or he could just stay where he was. Not really an option, though.

With a sight, and a sense of surrender to destiny, Vader rose and walked as quickly and casually as he could the few meters over to a controldisk, now empty, standing in a corner, behind another panel.

Relieved he sank down in the big, dark chair, and crossed his legs. He ought to be safe here until Piett returned.

Then he would find out what was going on here.

The shock had more or less dried off, but Luke was still feeling slightly dazed. He'd seen Obi-Wan Kenobi being cut down by Vader at the Death Star. He's sat beside Master Yoda as the aged Jedi became one with the Force.

They'd told him about the Jedi Purge. He knew that all the Jedi were - (had been) - dead.

The dead are dead. They don't return.

Yet, seven beings were seated around him. All of them dead. And all of them alive.

Oh, man, this was too much, even for a Jedi to tackle.

Force, or not the Force, this didn't happen!

Obi-Wan raised his eyebrow in his direction.

"You might want to reconsider that, Luke. After all, it _is_ happening."

Luke nodded, reluctantly.

"Yeah, I know. But..." He shrugged, helplessly.

The older Jedi nodded.

"Certainly. This came as a surprise for us, too. And we're just as puzzled as you."

Han scratched his head, as he was sitting a few meters away. If he'd get this right, all these guys were dead Jedi who, by some strange twist of what they called the Force, had suddenly returned to life.

"So, uh, what happened? You were just dead, and then all by a sudden you were alive?" he asked.

The dark-skinned Jedi who Kenobi had introduced as Mace Windu turned his calm, piercing stare at him. Hell, it felt as if the guy was looking straight through him.

"Pretty much so, yes. We all felt a very strange twist in the Force. And were alive."

"Why...what would cause such a reaction? I mean, how...?"

The Jedi exchanged glances, before Master Yoda answered.

"Know that, we do not. Happened, something like this, never has.

Elea. likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.