main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nervous about Episode III Tickets...

Discussion in 'Archive: Lincoln, NE' started by Obi-Wan's Apparition, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    So, it seems like every place in the world already has tickets on sale, which seems really early. What could Douglas Theaters have in store for us this time? [face_plain]

Their website has RotS listed as one of it's upcoming movies but they don't have any show times yet. Plus I guess they do online ticket ordering now.

Anyone know anything? :)

2. Jadeling

Jadeling Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2005
    Seeing that I work at South Pointe, I can tell you that we started to sell Star Wars tickets today! I also know that South Pointe will be showing Star Wars on opening weekend. I don't know about showtimes, because I work the concession stand and not the box office, but I'm sure that they already have them if they're selling tickets. My manager thinks we'll be getting two screens, but we're not sure yet (I do know that we'll be doing some early Saturday shows during the openning weekend, since she asked for people to work Saturday morning.). If you have any questions, let me know and I'll try to remember to ask a manager. About showtimes, if the websites doesn't have anything, I would call the theater that you want to go to and ask them about it. The Grand will be getting it for sure, and I think a couple others, but I'm not sure if Edgewood would get a screen since they're so close to us, on the otherhand we got two screens of Ring 2 and they got it too on the same week, so you never know.....

However, I'm going to CIII this weekend, so you'll probably won't get a response until next week.

3. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Hi Jadeling! :)

Seeing that I work at South Pointe, I can tell you that we started to sell Star Wars tickets today

Are you kidding!?!?!?!?!? :eek: I guess I'm going to have to call them today and find out.

Thanks for the tip and I hope you enjoy CIII! :D

4. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    The tickets are on sale. There will be midnight showings at East Park and The Grand, so get tickets while you can. :) Thanks for the tip, Jadeling!

5. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I wonder why Southpointe isn't doing a midnight showing, too? I remember that it was the **only** theatre that had a midnight showing for Episode 2 (while the Omaha AMC theatre had at least 3!). For episode 1 (I didn't see it at midnight) , we had at least 2 - East park and the old theatre that got changed to a new management (can't remember its old name - its now the Rococo).

I'd rather not go to midnight showing again. My dad wasn't happy that he had to go to the ep2 one so I'd have a ride home.

As soon as they sell tickets for early in the day on May 19th, I'd consider buying a ticket. I don't want to see the movie with a bunch of noisy/screaming 5 year olds. Thank the Force it'll be PG-13 and hopefully a parent will think twice before taking their 5 year old!

I wouldn't recommend a midnight showing. You have to show up hours in advance. Most of the time is spent sitting down waiting and waiting. I remember how it was at Southpointe in 2002........

6. rogue_09

rogue_09 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    It seems my theater back home is the only one in this country not selling advance tickets, which I suppose, is a good thing, since I'll be there to buy it myself.

7. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Yeah, I missed the whole "wait in line" thing this time. It was so much fun for the other two. :(

I wonder why Southpointe isn't doing a midnight showing, too? I remember that it was the **only** theatre that had a midnight showing for Episode 2 (while the Omaha AMC theatre had at least 3!).

I know! I wondered about that too...

For episode 1 (I didn't see it at midnight) , we had at least 2 - East park and the old theatre that got changed to a new management (can't remember its old name - its now the Rococo).

I didn't see it at midnight either but I know we had three shows. The Stuart, East Park and... another one. :p

As soon as they sell tickets for early in the day on May 19th, I'd consider buying a ticket.

Liz, I didn't ask about that in my email but I could ask them if you want me too. Either that or I could over to the Grand tomorrow on one of my breaks.

I don't want to see the movie with a bunch of noisy/screaming 5 year olds. Thank the Force it'll be PG-13 and hopefully a parent will think twice before taking their 5 year old!

Don't count on it. When I saw the second Matrix movie the theater was swamped with little kids, and that was rated R!

I wouldn't recommend a midnight showing. You have to show up hours in advance. Most of the time is spent sitting down waiting and waiting. I remember how it was at Southpointe in 2002........

I had fun with it. :p It'll be cool as long as they don't herd us around like they did in 02. Do you remember when they made us line up and then wouldn't let us move for like two hours?! :eek:

8. Jadeling

Jadeling Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2005
    I think since the Grand is now the "Main" theater it's pretty obvious why it got a Midnight showing. I have no clue why Southpointe didn't though....eh, whatever, less work for me ;)(I don't want to be at conc until 12:45 cleaning.)

9. Trooper_nut

Trooper_nut Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2005
    I got my tickets yesterday, for the midnight showing at the Grand. I'm actually rather looking forward to the whole waiting in line for the show part. It just adds to the whole experience. I was just disappointed that I didn't get to camp out for the tickets as Douglas theaters kinda suprised me on the ticket sales... I didn't know they were selling them that early.

10. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Soo.... does anyone have an extra ticket to the Grand that I could have? [face_plain] I have a friend who thinks she's going... but I miss-counted how many people said they wanted to go, so, my mistake.

I'd be infinitely grateful. :D

11. Trooper_nut

Trooper_nut Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2005
    I might have one that I could sell you, but I have to check on how many of my friends need tickets first. I'll let you know as soon as I can though.

12. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Awesome! :D If not, though, it's ok. One friend said they would give up their ticket if they needed to, but still, I feel like a klutz. 8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.