main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Net-Net-Net-Network 23 is on the air! ** The Max Headroom Thread **

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Dal--Intrepid, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Probably my favorite sci-fi show from my childhood. I've been waiting for this one to hit DVD for a while. I think this show holds up very well as time has passed. The saturation of television into our lives and the dissemination of information is such a big topic in today's media. This show was discussing these things nearly 20 years ago. Where does news stop and entertainment begin and vice versa? This was another show a bit ahead of its time like Arrested Development, where it was not conventional TV so it had a short life on TV. I think Sci-Fi was running it in reruns for a while, but I'd love to see a nice DVD release with behind the scenes footage and the history of how the character Max Headroom was created.

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I didn't catch every episode, but I loved this show. I thought it funny that in the show the reason he called himself Max Headroom was because that was the last thing he saw before he bashed into the MAX HEADROOM warning sign.

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Another fine show this was. This was the first show that made me recognize Matt Frewer. For years afterward every time I saw him it was, "Hey, it's Max Headroom." LOL

4. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, I remember he used to be on Psi Factor which was a really lame X-Files rip off, but he was the best thing that show had going. All I could think was "you used to be Max Headroom and this is the best thing you can find to do now?!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.