main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Never Alone" Shakespearean Roulette. Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padme'

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by The1stJediPrincess, Oct 6, 2011.

1. The1stJediPrincess

The1stJediPrincess Jedi Master star 2

Sep 20, 2010
    My take on the "missing" scene where Obi-Wan deals with the death of his master. Hope you all like! :D

Love looks not with the eyes but with the mind.?
    A Midsummer Night?s Dream, I.i.234.

Never Alone

Queen Amidala, still dressed as a handmaiden, walked quickly towards the hanger bay where she had last seen Master Jinn, Padawan Kenobi, and Anakin Skywalker. The Viceroy had been captured and Naboo would be free of the tyranny of the Trade Federation. She was giving orders to her people, ?Please search for our two Jedi. They may require assistance.?

Details were still sketchy, however she had been informed that young Anakin Skywalker had saved them all. At nine years old, this exceptional boy had taken a starfighter into the fray of battle and managed to destroy the Droid Control Ship.

Anakin was climbing down the ladder and cheering, ?We did it Artoo, we did it!? The boy?s keen senses told him that Padme? was there. He turned around and smiled. Running to her he exclaimed, ?Padme?, did you hear? Artoo and I destroyed the ship. We did it, we did it!?

Padme? could not help but smile at Anakin?s enthusiasm, ?I have heard, and while Naboo will always be grateful, that was a very dangerous thing to do.?

Anakin?s smile faded a bit from Padme?s gentle admonishment, ?Well, you see, it?s kind of like this. Master Qui-Gon told me to stay in the cockpit, and I did what he said. But, I sort of made a mistake, and I set the ship into motion.?

Padme? struggled to hide a smirk, ?I see.?

?Where is Master Qui-Gon?? Anakin asked, ?I want to tell him all about it! I hope he is not too angry with me. Maybe this will prove to Obi-Wan and everyone else, that I can be a Jedi!?

Padme? sighed, ?We do not know where Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are??

She was cut off by one of her guards, ?Milady, this way, quickly.?

There was desperation in his voice that Padme? did not like. ?Anakin, go with Sabe?. I will come find you as soon as I can.?

?But I want to stay with you,? Anakin pleaded.

?Go, Anakin,? Padme?s voice was firm. She motioned for Sabe? who took Anakin?s hand and led him away.

?What have you learned,? she asked Captain Panaka who had come to join her. He matched her brisk pace towards the generator room.

?There has been a fatality, Your Highness,? was his grim reply.

Padme?s heart skipped a beat as she turned the corner. She saw Obi-Wan Kenobi clutching his master?s lifeless body. The young man?s tears fell freely. She could see Obi-Wan whispering to his departed master, although she could not make out what he was saying.

Obi-Wan realized he was not alone, but was not yet willing to give up the body of the man who had been like a father to him. He rested his forehead on Qui-Gon?s and shut his eyes tightly in a feeble attempt to block his tears. It was as moving as it was heartrending. The guards stood a respectable distance away from the padawan and his fallen teacher, their heads bowed in respect.

Padme? blinked back her own tears. She moved toward her friend and knelt down beside him. Placing a hand on his shoulder she softly said, ?Obi-Wan??

?Your Highness,? Obi-Wan managed to say, as he struggled to bring his emotions under control, ?My apologies??

?Obi-Wan, you have nothing to apologize for,? Padme? assured him, placing her arm around his shoulders and offered what comfort she could. There was no sign of the evil being she had seen engage in the mêlée with the two Jedi, so she knew that he was no longer a threat.

?I killed him,? Obi-Wan choked. ?After he impaled Qui-Gon, I killed him. It?s my fault, I think. I was trapped behind an energy field and was not able to stop it.? The pain and guilt was etched in his words.

Padme? hugged him, ?No, Obi-Wan. It is not your fault; you did not send the Trade Federation here. You did not send this wicked creature after us. It?s not your fault, and I know Qui-Gon would have been proud of you.?

Obi-Wan shook his head violently, ?No, he would

2. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Very nice! Obi-Wan learning the lesson his master taught him long ago.

Great use of the Shakespeare Quote. =D=

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, very happy, happy, HAPPY sigh. That was wonderful. That was - magnificent.

Anakin was SO very in character, and Padme and Obi-Wan were perfection. THAT is what I'll now always imagine was the unseen scene.

Superb use of the quote.

4. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    It would be lovely if Obi-Wan did hear his masters voice right there at the end.

I believe he did.
    Wonderful.=D=

5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    What a wonderful scene. I wish it would have been in the movie.

@};-

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great use of the quote and so Qui-Gon to be with Obi-Wan wishing him

you are never alone, my much-loved apprentice. Never lose faith that I dwell now in the Force which dwells in you. As the Force will be with you always, so will I.?

Perfect=D==D=

7. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    Thanks for posting such a great story!!! I loved Obi's thoughts about Qui, and the integration of the quote and canon was great! :)

8. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    Trying hard to not cry! That was so sad and so sweet at the same time! Well done!

9. Shira_Adola

Shira_Adola Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    This made me sad and happy at the same time. Obi-Wan with Qui-Gon broke my heart! Well done.

10. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Very touching indeed, poor Obi-Wan; such a loss. But I'm wondering..... shouldn't this one be posted in the Saga forum?