main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph “So Say We All.” - The Battlestar Galactica Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by JediTrilobite, Jan 13, 2005.

1. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    She certainly had no problems with waterboarding Leoben.

There's definitely a connection to Cain's promise regarding the colonies, though would recapturing them make the colonists safer? Seems more to be an appeal Starbuck's need for retribution and to fulfill her promise to Anders.

EDIT: If Cain had survived, priority one for Roslin should have been giving her the "making babies" talk she gave Adama in the miniseries.

So up next in my Season2 DVD set is black market. Part of me is tempted to skip it, given how bad everyone says it is. Should I.

On my parallel season 3 track, last night's broadcast ep was "Taking a break ...". Baltar really has gone off the deep end, hasn't he?

2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Cain was already messed up from her childhood experiences, but the Cylons' attack and getting betrayed by her lover sent her off the deep end. She was aware that they could not take the Colonies from the Cylons and they probably wouldn't want those irradiated ****holes anyway. It was always about revenge for her, hence the reason she wanted to attack that comm relay/staging area at all costs. She didn't know about Anders and Starbuck's desire to rescue him. While there may have been some slight manipulation, Cain genuinely (believed she) shared Starbuck's views and admired the pilot's combat skills and creative thinking.

EDIT: "Black Market" is the worst episode, but it is still very much watchable. The worst of BSG is still better than 90% of television out there.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I disagree. It is like slowly dying of mediocrity. However, you must experience the pain at least once in your life.

And then watch the ten minutes of deleted scenes, too.

4. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Well... I thought the crime investigation plot was watchable, at least. And yeah, the best scene is deleted, with Lee humiliating the Pegasus XO.

5. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Well, I watched 3 eps last night. Black Market, Scar and Sacrifice. BM wasn't really that bad, I'll have to check out the deleted scenes. I actually found "Scar" to be a bit annoying, found myself wishing Starbuck would just shoot Kat down when she had her tail. Sacrifice was tremendous, though I didn't get why lee didn't try to use the ventilation shaft to find a way out to get help.

6. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    There were boobies in the Caprica pilot.

Noice ones.

7. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Thank you. Throughout the series, my friend insisted that Starbuck was awesome, and all I could do was grit my teeth and try not to curse her (my friend) out.

Starbuck was a terrible person. Maybe a good character (still haven't decided that), but just an awful human being.

EDIT:

She's even worse than Jaina Solo from the EU's NJO novels

8. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    And quite a lot of them.

9. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Frakkin' itunes. I finally caved and bought the two parts of the finale (Daylight Parts 2 and 3). Started downloading when I went to bed a few nights ago, figured it would be all done when I woke up in the morning.

Part 2 downloaded fine, but Part 3 hit some kind of error with only 50 or so MB (out of ~650 total) remaining. Tried it again Saturday afternoon, and the same error.

Unfortunately, my internet at home has a 3 GB limit per month, and thanks to itunes, 2 of those 3 are now gone. I'll probably just wait until the next bbilling cycle to try downloading again. Or, more likely, blow it off and order the DVDs from amazon.

[face_frustrated]

EDIT Some innfo on The Plan from wiki:

IGN reports scenes including Aaron Doral preparing for the suicide bombing seen in "Litmus", Anders awakening in a Cylon resurrection chamber, and Cavil berating Boomer for failing to kill William Adama in "Kobol's Last Gleaming". In addition to Shelly Godfrey, there is a dark-haired Six called "Tough Six" in the script.

Which raises a question: when would Anders have woken up in a resurrection tank? Is this back when Cavil first planted the 5 in the human populace? Or was Anders actually "killed" at some point thereafter (maybe during the resistance on Caprica) and returned back?

10. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    Wait, wait, internet services have download limits?

Cause I download like 3 GB A DAY usually.

11. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    They do here in Europe. Drives me absolutely ape****. I'd have been able to follow BSG and 24 with almost no delay, same for Scrubs. Instead I follow all three shows by reading internet summaries, then watch the episodes when they finally air here about a year later. Very frustrating.

12. Qui Gon Jim23

Jun 11, 2002
    It would pretty much have to be after Cavil killed them the first time and wiped their memories before unleashing them on the colonies.

13. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Really? You think so? What a wonderful opinion.

Pray tell, what do you think of Eight?

14. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    In order to account for the large differences in their relative ages, the explanation was that Cavil released them at different times. The Tighs first, probably Tyrol second, then Tory and Anders-- which would mean Anders was released a lot closer to the Cylon attack. I'm guessing they were all originally in their 20's (biologically) when they arrived at the Colonies.

15. Qui Gon Jim23

Jun 11, 2002
    That sounds about right.

16. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    That raises a question for me: do cylons age? Saul certainly did, looking at the flashbacks from episodes in Season 2. And I assume the cylons on original earth did as well, had a normal life cycle: birth, childhood, adult, old age, death, end of story. But what about "resurrected" cyclons? They're reborn as adults in the resurrection tank, do they then age normally? Do we ever see an old, grey haired six with her boobs hanging down around her waste?

17. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I think the implication was that they don't age because of their resurrection technology. I'm not sure how, as they didn't really start getting killed until the series started.

18. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Even the Final Five don't seem to age, with the very notable exception of Tigh.

19. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    They age. Cavil made it clear that he released them at different times with the intention of making them different ages.

Also, on old Earth the Cylons did not have resurrection technology. They lived normal lifespans and reproduced the same way humans do. The Seven must age if they have no access to resurrection, though, or else the Leobens, Eights, and Sixes settling on new Earth doesn't make sense.

20. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Well, Maelstrom was on here last Wednesday. Not sure how much I cared for the episode, to be honest. Out of curiosity, I wen tback to see the comments here at the time, especially to see how the "unspoiled" reacted. Interesting how many people were convinced she was a cylon, despite the statements by cast and crew that she wasn't.

One question, though: did they ever explain how she and her viper got to cylon earth?

21. Darth Mulacki

Darth Mulacki Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 4, 1999
    Not really, its a Deus Ex Machina, a random act of God.

22. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    The theory I had is that maybe the storm is some kind of wormhole/whatever that destroys her raptor and thus kills her, but is also some kind of portal to cylon earth. While the fleet obviously can't follow her directly, they can follow the homing beacon, as they end up doing. Just a theory, with nothing to back it up.

Do we know how the 13th colony got to cylon earth?

23. Darth Mulacki

Dec 4, 1999
    How the Old Cylons got to cylon earth is never explained, nor is how the raptor got there.

The raptor that Starbuck returns in is brand new, not the one she crashes in, and it is later confirmed that it is her corpse on the Cylon Earth.

Again, acts of God.

24. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    Viper, not Raptor. ;)

25. Darth Mulacki

Dec 4, 1999
    no...I ...

:oops: