main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Census Banner -- All artists encouraged to submit by Oct 21! Discussion inside

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by droideka27, Sep 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    CENSUS IS HAVING A BANNER CONTEST

The banner contest beings today, Sept 21, and ends Oct 21. All submissions MUST be PMed to me by Oct 21, or they will not be accepted. Feel free to post your works in progress in this thread for comments by Census regulars.

The main theme is DIVERSITY, specifically alien races and such, but feel free to be creative; your entries will not be punished for not using that theme. They must, though, be star wars themed. This is mandatory. As always, all rules from the ROC and TOS apply. Please check out this thread for help and guidelines for making banners.

ONLY ONE banner will be selected as the winner, and you may recommend a color scheme if you wish, but I get final say on the color scheme. The winner of the contest will receive one month's VIPship with the title "Census Banner Maker."

Any questions, please ask in this thread or PM me!

droideka EDIT: no more submissions! Please go look for the new banner thread! which i will be making shortly.

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Maybe it could be Senate-themed, since the Galactic Senate is where they voted on things in the SW Universe.

3. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    ^But wouldn't that fit better in Senate? Though it is an interesting idea...

I like this one, but the alien/diverse people one does have an interesting symbology meaning behind it as well.

4. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Good idea! It'de be nice to see this place have it's own banner. :)

*Goes to work on one* [face_mischief]

5. Andalite-Bandit

Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    This is the worst banner I have ever seen on the internet. I was about to quit the JC if it was not changed and I am glad the administration has finally come to their senses on this issue. I think that since this is the census forum the new banner should feature a turtle. I have already created it:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/NerfoNarf/Census.jpg]

The issue is settled. When will my banner me uploaded to the JC?

6. benkenobi151

benkenobi151 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2005
    Your banner is so bad that it's actually sort of good. But I think we should go with something else.

7. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, while the current banner is undoubtedly great, it would be nice if Census, like almost all other forums, could have its own characteristics. Actually imply a community rather than just the downtrodden, ignored forum that many people think of it as.

As for themes, the Senate is a good one, but it'd be wise not to get too associated with The Senate Floor. Bureaucracy would be another good theme, as Census is sort of the telemarketer/surveyman of the JC. Diversity would be a great theme to build on in the banner, for obvious reasons.

8. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    A new banner is what census needs. Anytime I come over here, I think, another vote at the black and blue forum.

But is it worth it? Only a certain group are just the usual voters and that's about it. Everbody else is off on another forum posting on whatsayit.

But if we were to have a banner. I'd definitely like the word "Census" and not the generic Jedi Council Forums. A collage of many of the things we vote on would be good, though it would still need to be SW dominant.

9. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    While I love this banner a new one would be refreshing.

Of coure, I have no skills at making banners so . . .

10. benkenobi151

benkenobi151 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2005
    I like this banner a lot, but maybe a new one could be refreshing. Arggghh!!

11. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    I'm quite partial to the turtle one. *grins*

But yes, since I have no talent with making banners, it would be nice to see what others come up with before deciding.

12. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    All ye scallywags, agree with thar banner making, I do! A new one will stop me from making ye young'uns from walking the plank!

Ye current banner tis but a fine lass, but thar new booty would refresh me brain a lot, arrrr, it would be such beauty.

Avast all ye land lubbers! I do believe me fine heart when I say t' should still be the shade of Davy Jones' Locker. Colour of ta high seas would not fits 'tis savvy place.

Start ye, me drums!

13. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    ^ and that is precisely why many people argue talk like a pirate day is a bad idea.

14. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh][face_laugh]

Arrrrrr, ye just don't like having tis but a day of fun, do ye? One day 'r year is too much for ye mutinied being... saddens me heart, it does.

15. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I passionately hate this banner.

Not because it isn't a good one (because it is), but rather because it was put up as the main JC banner right before Wisegate happened, and its darkness seemed to mirror how things were in those days.

I'd very much like to see a new one.

16. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    This was edited into the first post

CENSUS IS HAVING A BANNER CONTEST

The banner contest beings today, Sept 21, and ends Oct 21. All submissions MUST be PMed to me by Oct 21, or they will not be accepted. Feel free to post your works in progress in this thread for comments by Census regulars.

The main theme is DIVERSITY, specifically alien races and such, but feel free to be creative; your entries will not be punished for not using that theme. They must, though, be star wars themed. This is mandatory. As always, all rules from the ROC and TOS apply. Please check out this thread for help and guidelines for making banners.

ONLY ONE banner will be selected as the winner, and you may recommend a color scheme if you wish, but I get final say on the color scheme. The winner of the contest will receive one month's VIPship with the title "Census Banner Maker."

Any questions, please ask in this thread or PM me!

17. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    I'll have a go at this.

18. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    I lurk around here all of the time. How about a green or a red color scheme? I've noticed that the most common color scheme for the banners is some shade of blue. It would be nice to see something a little bit different :)

19. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    I think I'll have a shot at this. If I get time, that is...

20. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    I wish I had some good skill with banner-making.... I might attempt to throw one together though, just for the fun of it and to give more choices! :D

21. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    Alright, here we go. I went with the diverse species theme and ran with it.

Here's Message view --> [click]

Here's Thread view --> [click]

Of course, stylesheets are completely up to the MS, if chosen. ;)

What do you guys think?

22. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Wow, that's really creative!! And that was really fast :p I definitely like it. Alien species are my favorite area of star wars... i just love the detail given to them all. Great work :)

23. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Okay, very much a work in progress, but I thought I'd throw this up just to see if I'm going in a good direction or not.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that someone has done something similar to this before.... Oh well. Can't hurt to have gone this far.

Just the main banner so far...

24. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    =D= to both of you! And man are both of you fast! :p

Jaina Byrd that is fabulous! Great work, I love the cameo of Luke! ;)

Your banner-top is good too, Boogie. If I made a suggestion, I would say that the Biths on the right need to be brighter. Or something there that is more visible, it's pretty dark already. That's just my two cents. ;)

Great banners! :)

25. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    See, that's the problem with mine. I think overall, the thing is a tad too dark. But if I lighten it, it will kill the mood of 'the cantina' if you know what I mean. Eh, I can always see what it looks like...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.