main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive New Galactic Republic

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Kuna_Tiori, Mar 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull

Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2002
    I'm at Elom with C_1, Rayson and PA55.

I'm only a first officer so if you want I could command a fleet *hint* *hint* :D

2. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    The seperation will be implimented before the new week, so all sit tight.

3. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Hopefully by then, My Padawan Lietenant of our Armed Forces will be closing in on the prestigous Knighthood he so coverts, in service to Freedom.

Viva la Republica!

The Rebellion Lives!

4. davofett

davofett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Ya know members of the former GNR. Don't tell anybody but POT is freakin me out. First it's long live evil, now it's long live the rebels. What is goin on with him.

5. Jace_Halycron

Jul 5, 2001
    I would like to create a new law, stating that Wildwookiee is a Saint!

We need to break this Republic up...we need to do it for the people. They are afraid of the Empire, and I'm sure that most of them understand that the Imperials are ruthless and cruel, as are the Yuuzhan Vong, but I have serious doubts in our ability to protect them directly from the evils of the galaxy. We need to setup a series of Warlords, who control several sectors of space, and who defend and control what goes on there...nothing outside of that. From there, we could control a confederacy of free systems, and from there, the Empire could not attack without reprocussion on a political scale.

There would be no massive Republic to attack, just many smaller territories. They would become the aggressors, and thereby running themselves into the ground politically. The Confederation would still need a representitive...a President to organize free trade between the systems and order disputes...but the Federal government would have limited control of all goings and commings inside these territories...these confederations. What do you think Mr. President?
    Exchange between High Admiral Gerul Cast (Wildwookiee) and President Jace Halycron (Jace_Halycron). Date Posted: 12/12/02 6:51pm

I think this has been the greatest single idea I have seen for some time.

All opposed; Nay.
    All for; Yay.

I would draw the territories out, with help from personal preferences and direct assignments.

6. Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull

Sep 27, 2002
    Yay!!!!!

A bit of Imperial Warlords, mixed in with the Rebel Alliance and a hint of Seperatists...I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    only if i could have a third of the wisdom wildwookie has in his brain, i could be one of the greater rpers in our forum.

I vote Yay!

8. AnakinDobski

AnakinDobski Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    YAY!!!!

Excellent Idea WW. One of the best I've ever read(heard).

AD

9. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Yay.

It is similar to the set-up I have with the now defunct Intelligence Service. They are all operating in a cell system, totally able to act independently, but with a teneous o'erarching authority tied up in the Kyanan Confederacy of Free Planets.

A Good Idea.

10. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    Yay

Thanx for the support, though sainthood might want to hold off to see if it works.

11. padmeamidala55

padmeamidala55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2001
    I like the ideal as well

12. Jace_Halycron

Jul 5, 2001
    6 for.
    0 against.

Deadline set tenaively for wednesday.

13. bterrik

bterrik Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2001
  14. Warlord_Ken

Warlord_Ken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    I will have to vote nay.

And I don't say this to be the grinch or the devil's advocate - although I do often find myself the lone wolf who refuses to howl with the pack, both here and in the RL.

I favor a plan where all the planets pretty much go independent, rather than a confederacy. (Btw, it is more realistic. After the NR disaster, I think most planets would want to keep to themselves for a couple months.)

A confederacy would still be a target for Imps and Vong. As a matter of fact, any semblance of a national republic-like government would be a target, because it would be like a quasi-remnant of the NR.

The only way for the planets to avoid retribution is to go independent, and become "neutral". Any form or replacement of the national NR government will still get the heavy end of the hammer. The Imps (especially Jello) are capricious and unforgiving.

Anti-Empire propaganda blasts (i.e. the Imps are being tyrants) will be much easier with all the planets neutral, b/c there's not much the Imps can say there. But if we still have some kind of central government, no matter how loose, the Imps will say that it's plotting some bioweapon threat or some BS like that.

Whatever remains of the NR national government must become the RRF (or whatever we're calling it). We can't continue any semblance of national government.

15. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Come now, do you really think that the GE is going to continue to be morally upright once the NR is reduced to scrap? You think they're going to respect neutrality once no one can oppose it?

16. davofett

davofett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    YAY!!!!

In fact WW is already a saint in my mind.

Patron of good ideas and RPGs

WW have you got my PM. If not, I'll just send you another.

17. cavalier_one

cavalier_one Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2001
  18. ancient_power

ancient_power Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2002
  19. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    Any particular reason ancient_power?

20. Warlord_Ken

Warlord_Ken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    Yomin_Carr:
    Come now, do you really think that the GE is going to continue to be morally upright once the NR is reduced to scrap? You think they're going to respect neutrality once no one can oppose it?

I see no reason why they would not.

Besides, the Vong can still oppose it. A confederacy or several alliances, on the other hand, would not be able to. The Republic as it is cannot defeat the Empire in a war and still defend its worlds, even in a purely military sense.

21. Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull

Sep 27, 2002
    Didn't it take the NR AGES to get rid of all the Imperial Warlords, especially Zsinj?

Think of it, just ONE Imp warlord stood for awhile against them and it'd be harder for the Empire to outright attack us because of the presence of the Vong.

Come on, take the plunge, VOTE YAY!!!!!!!!

22. Rayson

Rayson Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    i vote yay

and I also talked to ancient_power, and after I explained a little of what it meant hes decided to change his vote to yay

23. Blue_10

Blue_10 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2001
    I vote Yay.

Though loosely knit, I believe some have called it, Military powers could work more independantly. This would have advantages too. The wars would have a more closer than you realized affect on the people, meaning we could possibly rally more support overall. However, Imperial and Vong assaults will continue no matter what until only one faction remains in the RPG...

(Edit: WW, I'd apreciate those numbers ASAP, so that I may begin the missions you've sent me much sooner. Thanks.)

I am the lord of the dance, heel toe!

24. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Yomin_Carr:

Warlord Ken: I see no reason why they would not.

Protegé of Thrawn: Which is precisely why the Imperials could run rings around you in terms of the war and propaganda efforts.

You must understand the new Imperialists of the WOTG. We're still as evil as ever, we're just a lot better at hiding it. Think of it as Isardian evil as opposed to Tarkinisque or Palpatine type evil.

Muhahahaha. Ha.

25. Miccu_Resea

Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    I will hold my vote for now.

Kuni Tiori has some valid points to bring up. By seperating the planets, you are each having them to face thier own problems seperatly, and may go off in rash tactics before they think about it, and in the Republic, everyone didnt have to think for themselves, and everyone could bring up a point that some people would never think of. The Republic is stronger when it is unified.

Militaristically speaking, if you seperate the planets, you also seperate the fleets that are not assigned to planets. When the YV or the GE faced or attacked any planet, they had the full support of all the planets of the NR. By splitting up the planets, some might say, "oh, its not our system, so we dont care." and nobody would come to thier aid. They also faced problems seperatly, and the fleets couldnt be oraginized properly to help all the system confederacys. This could cause a strain in the resources of the "Confederacy" and cause many systems to go bankrupt.

Economically speaking, some planets could go bankrupt from other war debts and other problems, and wealthy systems could not spend their wealth, and greed could take over.

Although the planets could fend for themselves, major problems could arise. The people here are very smart and rational people: they are one of the reasons this NR has lasted so long. But normal people are stupid, irrational, and dont think for themselves. If one stay person says an idea, the masses could follow them and they could be lead away from the "Confederacy." You must not think about yourselves, but the masses of the people on all the planets.

Those are the reasons why i am holding my vote. If you could prusuade me either way, i will be willing to go with the plan. I will always be loyal to the Rebuplic, anyway i can, and whatever shape it forms.

On a side note, why does everyone mispell my name? you think you could correctly spell 10 measly letters... :confused: :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.