main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit New Jedi Order comics

Discussion in 'Literature' started by MajorTotoro, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MajorTotoro

MajorTotoro Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2014
    Hi. I'm just starting to read Star Wars comics, and there are a LOT of them, so I was looking for some recommendations. I've read the Thrawn Trilogy and the KOTOR saga of Zayne Carrick and liked them both. Now I was looking for some comics from the post-Thrawn era, particularly, if possible, some where I get to know the workings of Luke's Jedi Order. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

2. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    The 3 comics involving the NJO would be Chewbacca, a 4 issue limited series, Revenants, a 1 shot from Star Wars Tales, and Invasion, a 3 arc series. I especially liked Invasion, though it doesn't really wrap up. I just hope we might see a 1 shot from Dark Horse before they lose the license.

Also, welcome to the forums!

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    ^Credar's got you covered. Come to think of it, all those NJO-based stories are pretty good. Especially the Chewie one. ESPECIALLY the Chewie one. now excuse me I've got something in my eye...

Oh, and if you're a Kyle Katarn/Dark Forces fan, that Tales comic is especially for you. Although the Tales volumes are hard to come by these days. Alas.

4. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    I think the OP is referring to Luke's order itself, not the NJO book series. In which case I really think the only ones it shows up in are Crimson Empire III, Leviathan, Union, and Invasion, in that chronological order.

5. MajorTotoro

MajorTotoro Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2014
    Yeah, that's right, I'd like to read something about the actual order that Luke creates, and see the differences between that and the old one. I'll check out these suggestions.

While I'm at it: I'm also interested in reading some Quinlan Vos stories, they seem interesting from what I gather. Where should I start?

6. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    For Quinlan Vos you should start with the omnibus "Quinlan Voss: Jedi in Darkness." From there you should pick up the three Clone Wars omnibuses, or you could go with the 1st, 4th, 6th, 8th, and 9th trade paperbacks. Although, I'd recommend the three clone wars omnibuses over just getting the trades that deal with Quinlan Vos. The whole series was good and is not something you'd want to miss out on.

You won't regret starting the Quinlan Vos comics; they are fantastic!

7. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Sorry to go off-topic, but from what I understand Quinlan Vos survived the Clone Wars and Order 66, and I haven't heard much of anything else about him. Can I take it that he conceivably could still be alive during (and beyond) the OT?

The idea of Luke running into further survivors of the purge (such as Vos) after RotJ is pretty cool to me. I know there are a few examples of this happening, but most of those seem to be in the comics and I am more an enthusiast of the novels.

8. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006

Jedi Academy: Leviathan. Union. Invasion.

Legacy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.