main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Members Check in Here!

Discussion in 'Archive: Bakersfield CA' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Aug 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Shaggy

Lord_Shaggy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2002
    Well,
    There are oh. . . THREE cars at my house. I'm sure I could get at least ONE.

2. tvgrluvsw

tvgrluvsw Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2003
    we have to wait until ribbi moves here but do you guys want to come to bakersfield or how are we going to do this and what is the outline for the meeting

3. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    lol yeah, we'll go to you ;)
    As for actually planning something, I 'unno.
    Me n Tim can plan it in real life, and get back to ya :)

4. tvgrluvsw

May 1, 2003
    we can meet at a neutral location and then after that we can probably meet at my house. what do we discuss, collecting? costume makeing?

what do you guys think of me making a flyer for the comic shop?

any ideas?

5. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Collecting and Costuming are good topics. We'll also need to discuss details on what we want our group to be, etc.

The flyer is a good idea. Judging on the traffic in this forum, we'll need help with recruiting. ;)

I leave for Bakersfield in a week! Eek! (not a bad thing, just a whole lot of stuff to do in a week.)

6. SAURRON

SAURRON Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2003
    Well what do you know, Bako isn't that small after all.

Name: Martin aka Saurron
    SW Related Interests: Watching all of the movies/costuming/rping table top (West End) and online sw universe games.
    Non-SW Related Interests: Riding my Ninja ZX7 over to the coast on an all day ride with my buddies. Swimming. Working out with free weights. Beating my kids...(with a pillow of course)

I remember Star Wars came out, and then of course the toys. The big thing was to have as many troopers as you could get,and of course one of each of the rest of the cast. I being into models etc. painted the Death Star Navy troopers the correct color. I had too man.
    Anyway been into SW ever since. I joined the 501st after attending the C2 event in Indy. My first costume is the TIE Pilot. My next costume might be the Clone Pilot then hopefully the Stealth Storm Trooper (all black). I know a few others here in Bakersfield and will try to get them to post here.

Thanks for the link Linda! :)

7. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Yay! A Trooper! I'm getting Scout armor.. eventually. I thought I'd be getting it before I left MN, but that doesn't seem likely now. Hopefully it won't be too long. I'd like to get that all put together ASAP.

8. SAURRON

SAURRON Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2003
    Hey hows it going :) Also here is another TIE so you wont be alone. :)

9. tvgrluvsw

May 1, 2003
    im in the process of making a jedi costume but i would love a biker scout costume.

its great someone else is posting now we have 5, yeh i have been trying to get thisgoing for like 4 months

10. SAURRON

SAURRON Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2003
    Biker Scout...there is a guy on ebay selling biker scout. I can get you the flight suits (I think that is what they wear) at a good price. Here in town everyone wants fifty. Online I think the cheapest is 29.95 but they soak you on shipping $6-$9 I believe. Let me know k?

So...when do we all meet?

11. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Don't buy the Biker Scout armor off eBay! I've heard HORRIBLE things about the quality of that stuff. There are better routes to follow if you're serious about the costume.

12. SAURRON

SAURRON Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2003
    Well if your serious then go with that feller up in Canada. :) Talkin bout a 300 dolla diff too .

13. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    I already have a source for my armor.

The stuff that's been on eBay lately is cheaper, but it's also crap. The pictures you see are not what you get. It's advertised as being ABS, but it's actually styrene. People who have bought the set often don't even recieve all of the pieces.

14. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    ok, i'm not from Bakersfield but i just wanted to say congrats on the Fanforce in Bakersfield!

15. mockadane2

mockadane2 Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2003
    Man o man... A star-wars fanclub out of bakersfield... dreams really can come true!

My name is mark
    I turned 36 in july... yes I watched the original movie on the big screen in 1977

I live in bakersfield -southwest- with my wife and kids.

I go on motorcycle rides with sauron and friends all over...work on cars and lounge around the house doing various honny-dos.

I run table top rp, starwars as often as i can with about twelve people. I have a largish collection of starwars memorabillia.

I think it would be great to get together and meet more s-w fans and perhaps we could all table-top and bar-b-q

16. Eldorack

Eldorack Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2003
    Name: Chris
    SW related intrests: I rp table top with my father Mockadane2 and Saurron. I have watched all of the movies that are out several times.
    Non-SW related intrests:I play golf on the weekends and basketball.
    How did you get started on SW: I had goten interested into sw through my father. He watches them over and over to this day.

Hope to meet you all through this...

17. tvgrluvsw

May 1, 2003
    this is so great, finally people are here
    if you build it they will come!
    its finally working Mara

i live in the southwest too.
    we are waiting for ribi to move out here then we are going to have a first meeting

18. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    If we want to go ahead and plan something for the 20th or 21st, I will be available for that.

19. tvgrluvsw

May 1, 2003
    i will be camping that weekend, hmm lets all throw out some dates and find one that works for all

20. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Thursday evening the 18th? That's the first time I'd be available.

I'll probably be available any night the next week as well.

21. tvgrluvsw

May 1, 2003
    i have school thursday night, gosh ribbi if you and i can work out a night then maybe everyone else could be available heeheehee

22. tvgrluvsw

May 1, 2003
    i will throw some dates out there, what about friday the 26 or that weekend of sept, or monday the 22.
    where shall we meet? at someones house, at a park, at a restauraunt?

what shall we discuss?

have you guys seen the Orange county fans website, its super cool. we should look into something like that.

we will need a leader, a secretary , a accountant and etc.

this will be tons o fun.

23. tvgrluvsw

May 1, 2003
    suggestion for place to meet.

sharkeys pizza on s.real road and stockdale. its in the same shopping center as golden glove comic store or patriots park on ming and new stine

24. SAURRON

SAURRON Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2003
    Sun Mon are my days off there are a few during the week where I get off work early so I am pretty open.

Have you seen this Imperial speeder? If so it's me don't run me over! :)
    http://www.panic.hopto.org/swf/saurron/impspeeder.jpg

25. Lord_Shaggy

Lord_Shaggy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2002
    I'm all for Mon. the 22.

I just have to leave around 5 that evening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.