main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ New shows!!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithForceLord, Jan 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Woohoo

On now on TV3 is a new series of Sally Jessy Raphael

and after that is Oprah Winfrey

:p

This thread is actually about the programme that starts at 1:10pm Fawlty Towers

WOOHOO

sets tape going.

on in 8mins

2. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    My Gawd!!! [face_shocked]

And for a moment I thought you actually watch those talk shows!

3. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    I do. Good quality television! :p

4. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Actually, although Oprah is probably boringly hopeless 99% of the time, I did once catch the last half of one show where she was showing off all these great gadgets and presents ranging from books, kitchen stuff and "dancing Santas" through to PDAs, mobile phones, and expensive electronic items - some sort of pre-Christmas show.

She even had the staff dressed up as elves, and at various times she say "and you all get one" and the staff would come out with armloads of that gadget/pressie to give one each to the entire audience - and not just the cheap items either.

That would be THE one show worth getting audience tickets for if you're ever in America.

For those who watch it, Roswell starts a new season next week (TV2, 8:30pm, Tuesday, 22 January) with a double episode. Unfortunately so do Holmes and Shortland Street. Arrrggghhh!! :(

Next Saturday there's a documentary Alien Contact: We Are Not Alone (TV2, 12:00noon, 19 January).

AND I keep meaning to post that TV2 started running repeats of the Starship Troopers computer cartoon on Saturdays (2:00pm) - followed by a cartoon called Invasion America which is partly computer graphics - listen out for Star Trek's Mr Spock.

Plus, Friday next week TV3 is showing the original Planet of the Apes movie (8:30pm, Friday, 25 January).

:)

5. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    SHORTLAND STREET? <shudder>

I can't believe I used to watch that. It's one month's memory I want to delete.

6. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    OMG starship troopers RULES~!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm soo glad its back on! :D

[image=http://www.hansen.net.nz/images/ewokdance.gif] (had to use it JP :p thanks)

Also if anyone here (more so the oldies) the TV show on TV1 Predators - IS FREEKING AWESOME!

(I say the oldies cause TV1 is not cool, apparently :p)

Roswell - NEW SERIES? (mum watched the last series - lol) Cause Roswell has been on for a while repeating the last series.

And I want a new X-Files series - last one was too short!

7. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    Your mom sounds so...open. My mom freaked out when I watched Angel on TV4. She said it's all vampires and monsters and the horrible, evil stuff and she turned off the TV! :mad: Little did she know I programmed the VCR...hehe! :D

Luckily I watched the season finale of Buffy without much interference.

8. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    man, this is weird, when the fanforcer egion first started up, starship troopers for some reason became the #1 topic of discussion for the first few months

9. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    Theres a new program on with the same 3d animation eg the people look the same on tv2 saturday morning after x-men. Called Heavy Gear its like giant robot suits in a type of olympic games thing they have to differet races its quite cool

10. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Transformers: Beast Wars was the start of the CG cartoons, and that was cool, but Starship Troopers is MINT!

Funny thing:
    I had been watching the cartoon for some time and decided to get the movie. So I hired it out and thought it was... crap (cheesy) and then that weekk i see an add saying Stardship Troopers on Tv2 Saturday night - by hoki I was annoyed :p

11. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    The movie ROCKED!

As funny as the original Robocop!

And Denise Richards... yum! (Though she's just got engaged to Charlie Sheen... :eek: )

Great, great movie. I love it when almost everone dies in a film.

12. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    it is serious cheese, if they made a sequel but with the cartoon CG (like the final fantasy film) it was be sweet.

13. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

ACERIMMERROCKS: Theres a new program on with the same 3d animation ... Called Heavy Gear ... its quite cool

Yep, seen that one - I find it a bit boring.

It's sort of BattleTech, but with a sports theme rather than a war one. They're almost always racing around an "arena" trying to shoot each other, so it's more of an exercise in 3D explosions with little story.

One of the Heavy Gear characters looks like a twin of one of the Starship Troopers characters (can't remember his name) - he even sounds and acts very similar. :)

14. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    SPACE with Sam Neil... WAS FREEKING AMAZING!

(not so much for the religous)

OMG! I'm thankful I taped it (yes JP if you missed it cause of the Cricket you may borrow the tape! - you'll love it)

9:50pm TVone (tonight)

Competition at

http://www.tvone.nzoom.com

the answer is: Hydrogen if anyone wants to enter.

15. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    the movie is great, i love it
    you just have to understand that its not trying to be serious, that its a piss take of sorts, cheesy is what it is ment to be

the book is really good too, different from the movie and series.......the series is sorta mix between the book and the movie

16. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    this series is NOT cheesy! ?[face_plain]

17. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    WOOHOO

New series of Dark Angel comming soon.

mmmmmmmmmm Jessica Alba mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

[image=http://www.celebritycd.com/jessica_alba/jessica_alba_09.jpg]

18. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Darn, I really wanted to watch 'Space' but I missed it.

//geekette

19. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    the film and media studies department at Otago use Starship Troopers, the movie in two of their papers......

20. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    The Saturday afternoon repeats of the Starship Troopers cartoon are actually double episodes - so you get a whole hour. :)

For those who missed it (or fell asleep half way through), Prime is repeating the Beyond The Movie: The Fellowship of the Ring documentary at 7:30pm on Monday, 28 January (just over a week's time). This is the rather boring one that spends A LOT of time looking at the war influences.

Afterwards you can switch to TV1 at 8:30pm and watch In The Wild: Ewan McGregor With Polar Bears. :)

For sci-fi movies, we've got ...
    • Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County
      TV2, 11:00pm, Saturday, 26 January

• Close Encounters of the Third Kind (extra scenes version)
      TV2, Noon, Sunday, 27 January

• Twelve Monkeys
      TV4, 9:30pm, Monday, 28 January

• Waterworld
      TV4, 9:30pm, Thursday, 31 January

Sorry SithForceLord, no news on the new season of Dark Angel yet. :)
    Ms Alba also used to be on that New Flipper show a few years back.

21. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    "Sorry SithForceLord, no news on the new season of Dark Angel yet"

WHAT? I saw the ad! Don't tell me its not comming.

22. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Irish Popstars.

[face_plain] <- all I say to that.

Na, seriously - I think this will be such a crack up!

The ad is funny enough.

The blonde guy with a mean mullet:

"Tey want people who can sing, dance and look good. I have two out of tose tree, unfortunately I can't sing."

LOL!!!

(my bad attempt at a slightly irish accent /\)

23. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Yep, I've seen the adverts (although I don't watch the series), so it's definitely "coming soon". It's not in this week's or next week's TV Guide, so it's still at least two weeks away. "Coming soon" usually means about three/four week's time.

As for Popstars (Irish or otherwise) ... what a waste of primetime TV! :_|
    (Rats! There's no ZZzzz face and no blurrgghh! face)

How many of these stupid shows have there been - and how many of the (so-called) groups are still around?
    Answers: Too many and 0.
    :)

24. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    but the auzzie one had hot chicks, the UK one had one... the blonde - i forget her name.

seems the other countries go for looks - why didnt we?

:D

25. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    LOL @ SFL! I like your Blond mullet guy impersonation.

Angel rocks! (not Dark Angel, just Angel, the one Lil_lisa referred to) I'm loving it, watching the last few episodes of season 1 at the moment (borrowing them off a mate).

Roswell is pulling me in (someone save me!!)
    I watched a couple of repeats of the old series, kinda addictive! plus shiri appleby is a hottie!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.