main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ New shows!!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithForceLord, Jan 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

The way they ended Roswell seems to leave the story open for future movies and/or another series ... but I doubt that'll ever happen.

Yep, Futurama got cancelled, but they were so far ahead that there are still lots of episodes yet to air in the US, let alone here.

I think I read somewhere that TV3 have the rights CSI Miami, but they've yet to schedule it anywhere.

2. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Seeing as it won't let me edit my message above for some strange reason, I'll post a reply instead.

I just found this message from the TV3 lady on their CSI message board ...
    Keep an eye out for both season two and CSI: Miami!

3. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Sweet, CSI:Miami should be pretty good if the original is anything to go by.

On a side note, I was speaking to my friend who is an 80's TV nostalgia megalomaniac and he gave me a list of shows that are potentially being looked at for renewal.

- Knight Rider: David Hasselhoff has been approached but is only being considered for mentor-esque role. The car will apparently be a Japanese vehicle and voiced by a woman.

- The Dukes of Hazard: John Schneider has turned the role down due to his ongoing part in Smallville, but the project is potentially still in the works.

- Quantum Leap: Scott Bakula and Dean Stanton are both in talks about this at the moment. It's also pegged to star former Roswell star Jason Behr in a main role.

There were a couple more, but i forget.

4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    >> David Hasselhoff has been approached but is only being considered for mentor-esque role. The car will apparently be a Japanese vehicle and voiced by a woman. <<

You see. That is dumb.

The CAR was the star of the show. The CAR.

Without a black pontiac speaking in a posh english accent, it's just not "Knight Rider".

You can have the car and not Hasselhof, but NOT Hasselhof without the car. Witness that stupid movie where KITT was a red shapeshifter or something. [face_plain]

It would be as bad as a Dukes of Hazzard show without the General Lee...

5. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

I think your friend is a little off (or perhaps behind in the news) with those ideas. :)
    Knight Rider
    David Hasselhoff is the one who started the whole revival idea. He has "plans" for a movie (cinema and/or TV), a new series AND an animated series. He is probably taking over the mentor-type role that Devon had in the original series, but will also spend time in KITT. The current rumor is that Michael Knight will be thawed out (he was frozen at the end of one of the TV movies) by Devon's great grandniece in the near future and will lead a new Knight Rider (or possibly two). The new version will totally disrreagrd the rather pathetic Team Knight Rider series. The rumoured name will be Knight Rider 3000, which hopefully is not the year in which it is based, but is the name of the new model of KITT ("Knight Industries Three Thousand" is the only next number in order after the 2000 used in one of the earlier TV movies).

Dukes of Hazard
    I haven't really heard anything about this. There was a TV movie going to be made, but I think it fell over.

Quantum Leap
    The new series (this one IS currently a definite show) will probably not star Scott Bakula since he's busy on Enterprise, but he may turn up in guest spots. Not sure about Dean Stockwell though. The current rumor is that the new series will be based around a female leaper - like most shows these days, the "Girl Power" factor is still leading show decisions, sometimes it's a good idea, but sometimes it's a bad idea.

Greatest American Hero
    A cinema movie version is in the "planning" stages and may have William Katt in a cameo role.

The A-Team
    Another old show with a movie in the "planning" stage.

Battlestar Galactica
    The current idea that is in the "go" stage and due some stage next year will remake the original pilot movie, and may lead to a new series. The images of the new Cylons are hopeless, so I don't hold out much hope for this ressurrection (like most of these). :(

ALF
    The small, furry cat eater is supposedly coming back in a talk show ... which I'll be glad to miss. :(

Dallas
    This one's just come up as being made into a movie. [face_plain]

CHiPs
    Another old show that went through a rumored movie (another one) stage, but has since fallen over.

Scooby Doo
    Not only is there a sequel to the recent silly live-action movie be planned, but a third movie has also been oreded. :_|

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but there are PLENTY more ... unfortunately. :(

Edit: Opps! I just remembered one more. There's a certain little known movies series which is getting a third prequel movie, but I can't remember the name of it - Star something or other, it's got some little green guy and a couple of robots in it. :p

There's also the new Star Trek movie of course, which may or may not be the last (or the last for that crew).

6. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    *raises fire extinguisher*

okay, okay, so I wasn't completely accurate. apologies - i'm just the messenger. i'll subtely notify my cohort of his being not-quite-as-up-with-the-play as he might think :D

i agree with JP's Knight Rider prognosis; the car WAS the show. David Hasselhoff was just the dude in a leather jacket and velcro-tab hair. (Wasn't the guy who played the the teacher in Boy Meets World KITT's voice? I forget the actor's name - throw me a frickin' bone someone...)

can anyone else answer these questions? forgive my lack of insight but my tv fritzed itself a while back and I lost track of some of my shows.

- Did Daniel Jackson actually 'die' in the last series of SG-1?

- Can anyone confirm if TVNZ has the rights to the second season of Smallville?

- Does anyone actually know anything about the forthcoming new Batman or Superman films. I read that Christian Bale (Reign of Fire, American Pyscho and most notably, the kid from Empire of the Sun) was to play Batman and that they still hadn't picked an actor for 'Superman Reborn (working title) but Keanu Reeves was keen after Nicholas Cage was shunned by fans.

- How many series of Lexx were there? Two or three?

Sorry for all the ranting. I'm probably aiming this mostly at you Buzz, you seem to be the bastion of knowledge. I'll give yer a cookie if you come up with paydirt :D.

7. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Questions, questions. :)

Knight Rider
    KITT was voiced by William Daniels, who was the teacher on Boy Meets World - a bit of a come down. ;) The current rumor / news is that he will be back as the voice of KITT in the movie / series / whatever. Unfortunately, none of the actors are voicing the characters in the great looking Knight Rider PC and PS2 game being released in November (8 November in Europe), and other platforms likely later.

Stagate SG-1
    Daniel Jackson didn't die as such. He went to a higher plain of existance near the end of the last series, but not quite at the very end. He did come back in presence if not body, sometimes brushing through as a breeze past Col. O'Neill. :)

Smallville
    Not too sure, but I think they do, but haven't scheduled it yet. Has season two even finished showing in the US yet?

Lexx
    Bluuurrrghhhhh!! [face_sick] :(
    Unfortunately there were two "seasons" - I think. I semi-sure both have already been shown here too, thankfully. [face_plain]

Batman / Superman
    It depends which version of these you mean - there's about three Batman movies, two Superman movies and a "Batman vs Superman" movie in the "planning". As far as I know, all are still at the wishful thinking or early scripting stage, with a new Superman movie being the closest to actual filming (putting an older idea on hold) with the script going through re-writes at the moment.

If you want to keep up with all the tv, movie and game rumors / news, then two good websites to vist DAILY (except usually US weekends and holidays) are ... Both seem to be pretty good at getting the news while weeding out the garbage. :)

8. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    The batman vs superman is canceled

have read script for new superman movie its utter rubbish krypton dosent explode, lexx luthor is a kryptonian, superman dies and is reserected just some of the atrositys i fopund after reading it

9. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I remember at one stage they were talking about having Nicholas Cage play Superman. //sudders

10. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

I heard / read that Batman vs Superman (I think it was this one) was put on hold because the new Superman script was much better.

Like most things on the Internet, almost ANY 'leaked' script you read on the Internet is just some idiots idea of a joke - don't take that to be the real script. [face_plain]

There's another important "updated" show that I forgot about in my list above ...

MacGyver
    How can I have forgot this one?!? More news about the new prequel series Young MacGyver here. I'm not sure if this is now what the rumored movie is going to be or another MacGyver ressurrection attempt.

11. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Rats!!! That'' teach me to read before posting here - Young MacGyver is NOT a prequel series. It's about MacGyver's nephew, which since Mac was an only child and none of his family (except his son) is still alive, seems a bit odd. ?[face_plain]

12. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    MacGyver had a son?! When was this?

13. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Can't say I really knew either, but evidently it was in the last ever episode - I do vaguely recall something about one of his old girlfriends died and he discovered he had a son (the usual silly storyline).

Reboot is MIA again! :_|

Grrrr!! :mad: The nimrods turned Stargate SG-1 into a widescreen show. I dislike widescreen TV shows, it's annoying trying to watch a small strip across the middle of a small screen. Plus, you pay all that money for a decent TV and some fool makes all the shows so that they don't even use 1/4-1/3 of the screen. Yet another case of the industry trying to push people into new technology.

On the plus side, I hope those watching caught Jack's comment about sending the soon-to-explode Stargate to "a galxay far, far away". :)

14. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    "Im going to go eat cake"
    Col Jack O Neil

:D :D :D

15. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    for the cartoon buffs: Zoids (and 80's cartoon series and toy line) has been resurrected and is showing on TV3 at 4.30pm in the afternoon. very cool animation, and not quite as cheesy as the new Transformers series.

16. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Here's the latest on the new Superman movie ...
    Hopkins Confirmed As Jor-El
    Director Brett Ratner, who is tapped to helm a new Superman movie, confirmed to the Dark Horizons Web site that Anthony Hopkins will play the Man of Steel's Kryptonian dad, Jor-El. "He did such a good Brando impression for me, I said I got to get this guy to play the father of Superman," Ratner said, referring to Marlon Brando, who played Jor-El in 1978's original Superman movie.

Ratner added that Hopkins signed on two weeks ago. Ratner said that no one is under consideration for the title role yet, despite speculation to the contrary. As for the script, which is being blasted on the Internet, Ratner said, "I trust my instincts. ... A script is a script. It's not a movie. It's my interpretation of it, and I think they're reading like old drafts or something. I just got the new draft yesterday. That was hand-delivered by, like, a guy with a gun."
    :)

17. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master star 3

Dec 8, 1999
    Just curious - have any of you guys or girls been watching The Dead Zone on Prime TV? This is rapidly turning into one of the best series on tv that I have seen in too long.

18. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    any superman fans should read the "aintitcool" reviews of the superman script, its shockingly bad

19. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Supposedly Reboot was shown last weekend on Prime TV, so it might be worth tuning in this weekend for those who want to see it and possibly Beast Wars ... FINALLY!! Hopefully!! :)

20. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

YIPPEE!! Reboot and Beast Wars were finally on this morning. :D

For those interested, The Tick starts on TV2 next Sunday (2:35pm - 3:00pm, 10 November). I think this is the live-action series that's based on the rather silly cartoon of the same name. Don't get too attached though, it got cancelled in the US after only a few episodes (big surprise!).

21. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Since this topic also seems to include movies, here's the latest silliness to come out of the movie-world ...
    Pac-Man Going To Movies
    Crystal Sky, an international film production and distribution company, will develop the classic 1980s arcade video game Pac-Man into a live-action fantasy adventure movie, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Crystal Sky has reached a deal with Japanese game developer Namco and distributor Gaga for the film rights to the game, the trade paper reported. No writer or director is on board.

The deal follows on the heels of Crystal Sky's other Namco deal, to develop the video game Tekken into a feature film. That project is being adapted by Mike Werb and Michael Coleary and is also a joint project with Gaga, the trade paper reported.

Crystal Sky is also shepherding three Marvel Comics properties: the Steve Norrington-helmed Ghost Rider; Deathlok, written by Raven Metzner and Stuart Zicherman; and the Hans Rodionoff-adapted Werewolf by Night.

How on earth do you make a live-action Pac-man movie and expect it to be any good?!?!?!? [face_plain]

22. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Here's the latest in Stargate SG-1 news ...
    SCI FI Renews Stargate
    The SCI FI Channel renewed its original series Stargate SG-1 for a full seventh season, the network announced. SCI FI ordered 22 new episodes from MGM. Richard Dean Anderson will stay in his role as both the series' star and executive producer.

"Stargate fans are everywhere," SCI FI president Bonnie Hammer said in a statement. "The ratings prove it. We are delighted to renew SG-1 for a new season. Clearly the show has done phenomenally well for SCI FI, both with original and acquired episodes, and we look forward to another record-breaking year."

SCI FI began airing the series in June, starting with its sixth season, and Stargate SG-1 broke a channel record with its summer finale episode (2.0 rating, 1.6 million households). In October, SCI FI began airing earlier Stargate SG-1 episodes as a Monday-night block, which delivered the biggest average monthly 8-11 p.m. audience for the time period in the network's history.

Production on the new season is slated to begin in Vancouver, B.C., early next year, for a summer 2003 launch. The remaining original sixth-season episodes will resume on SCI FI in January 2003.

YIPPEE!!! :D

I must remember it's on tonight ... I missed most of last week's episode. :(

23. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Mysterious Ways
    Weekday American drama series about an anthropologist and a sceptic hospital psychologist who investigate strange phenomena.

Episode #1: {No description}.

Episode #2: A man promises his wife on his death bed to contact her exactly one year after his death to prove there is life after death.

Episode #3: Peggy and Declan discover a town whose citizens have overwhelming good fortune.

This show is going to be on TV2 every weekday at 2:00pm - 3:00pm, starting this Wednesday (20 November).

Can you say "X-Files clone"?
    Or at least what X-Files was for season one before it got side-tracked by the silly continuing alien / government conspiracy! :(

24. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

I've just seen that Knight Rider isn't on any more - it's been replace by some silly "reality" TV show instead. :mad:

25. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    :eek: :eek: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!! :eek: :eek:

Hopefully they're just moving it another day. Or maybe they've reached the end of the 'April' season, and haven't got the rights to the third.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.