main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Star Wars Trilogy

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by Sharpo_Onasi, Jan 19, 2013.

?

Should Disney follow The Expanded Universe in the New Trilogy???!!!

1. Definately!!!

33.3%
  2. Yes, but with new content

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not Sure.....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. In some areas, but new content should be the main factor

66.7%
  5. NO!!!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sharpo_Onasi

Sharpo_Onasi Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2013
    Let's get a thread, as Star Wars fans, to make sure Disney use the Expanded Universe as their stepping stone for the next movie franchise. My initials ideas, à mon avis: > A two/ two and a half hour TV series/film special of the Truce at Bakura. Allows for initial casting of all the original characters, and acts as a beta. Next, another in the same light for The Courtship of Princess Leia, which cements the new saga, bringing in the young generation. Apres ça, THE THRAWN TRILOGY; how can it go wrong?! Ideas for actors: possibly Zack Efron for Luke? It could ruin his career (possibly a bonus!), and they look alike. Not sure for Han and Leia, but there are plenty of people! Denis Quaid looks like Harrison, but he's a bit too old now unfortunately! Finally, for kids and teenagers alike, a brand new TV based on the Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice Series. It brings in new acting talent, new fans, and who doesn't like Qui-Gon Jinn? I'll be writing a letter and/or email to both Star Wars and Disney alike, please lets get some support early!

2. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    I'm a big fan of the EU however I do not want the EU to hinder the creative process or story development of the writers. If they have an epic idea that contradicts what is canon then if its awesome, why not? Things can be retconned, if this means the entire post ROTJ EU to produce some epic films, so be it.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  3. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Eww, no. Let's leave Lucas to come up with the stories himself and forget about the EU!

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Some affectionate trbute to the EU would be fine (Lucas used Coruscant after all and that was an EU creation, not to mention adding some EU-originating characters in the movies) but the ST should certainly not copy EU books entirely but be new original stories.

Besides, a lot of the EU just re-hashes the OT plot and/or is crappy.