main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO [NEW] The Star Wars Expanded Universe Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by chiss_man, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    (since the old one got locked...)

Books! Comics! Games! Whatever! If it's SW EU, discuss it here!

2. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Oh it is good to have you back (although I do have the power to unlock... :p ). I am so far behind the curve right now; hopefully I will have time to catch up now. :D

3. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    They don't trust me with power, it's sad. :_|

But if you want to unlock the old one and close this one up that's peachy.

4. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Nope, I think starting over anew is good. :D

5. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    I've been reading all the books, including the Last of the Jedi books. I collected and read all the comics until they finished up the two previous series. They new ones just did not seem to interest me. While I love Aaron Allston and the way he writes, this lates series (with Dennis and Travis) is really getting on my nerves, it like watching grass grow. But here I am still waiting excitedly for next month, for the next book to come out.

6. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Right now I'm reading the latest Republic Commando book, True Colors and I love it. Like it's predecessors, it's very military orientated, but I can't help but to really care for these characters. Traviss does an amazing job of making these clones (plus others) into real people with doubts and hopes and dreams.

7. SteelLepp

SteelLepp Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 1, 1998
    True Colors was an OK book. I get tired of Traviss' Mando-fettish. Of course, I've never been a Fett-head anyway. It was better than Triple Zero though.

I just hope in the LOTJ series we get the pay off soon for what exactly Boba Fett and Mandalore just brings to this series. They have pretty much done nothing in terms of the story.

8. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    There's nothing wrong with Boba Fett [face_not_talking]

Okay, so he's in 2/3 of the the sories that I've written. :p

9. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    FYI, the Knights of the Old Republic: Handbook has information on the Star Wars crossover Vector. It's going to run in all four current comic series, KOTOR all the way to Legacy.

10. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Figured I'd share this with y'all: I managed to find a copy of Jedi v. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force almost two weeks early. It's not a lot of real new info but it's still expansive on Jedi, Sith and other Force user history. It's well worth the money in order to get your hands on some of the jaw dropping illustrations. Some examples:

[image=http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/CapnCharisma/img008.jpg]

[image=http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/CapnCharisma/img007.jpg]

[image=http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/CapnCharisma/img009.jpg]

[image=http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/CapnCharisma/img011.jpg]

[image=http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/CapnCharisma/img012.jpg]

From top to bottom: Young Palpatine training under Darth Plagueis, Mara's funeral, the Jedi convocation on Zonama Sekot, Luke giving Mara's his father's lightsaber, and Vergere surrendering to the Yuuzhan Vong on Zonama Sekot.

(I got permission to post them at the Lit forum, so why not here too?)

11. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
    Cool illustrations, it looks like i may have to pick that book up when i get a chance.

12. spideymj

Feb 4, 2005
    I don't know if any of you like to be spoiled, but I love to be spoiled. Over at NJOE.com a guy did a chapter by chapter synopsis of the new book Fury and holy crap does it look good. Amazon said it is being released today, so I am off to the bookstore tomorrow. yippie :D

13. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    It is out Laura. Picked up my copy just now, along with the Jedi vs Sith book, and wow is that an amazing book just for the illustrations alone!! :D

14. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    It also has some revelations relating to KOTOR (both the comic and the games) that I didn't see since I don't have time to actually read the thing. :(

I did pick up Fury yesterday, as soon as I finish this last paper I should start on that.

15. spideymj

Feb 4, 2005
    Went to B&N and they still do not have Fury. What kind of hick state do I live in?

16. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    LOL, I don't know Laura. Maybe you should start ordering from Amazon. :D

Read it Christian?? I am still drooling over some of the pictures. LOL

17. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Christmas Break, too much to do before then.

18. spideymj

Feb 4, 2005
    Well at least my local library came through for me. I started reading the new Death Star Book by Michael Reaves and Steve Perry. I'm about half way through it and its ok.........but they put this love story thing in there with Tarkin and Daala which is just some imagery one should never see/read.[face_sick]

19. spideymj

Feb 4, 2005
    I finished Death Star and it was actually a pretty good read. The second half of the book was much better then the first half. Now I am already for Fury, hopefully B & N finally got the dang thing in. Have a great weekend.

20. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Fury was good, and noteworthy for being very eventful for a paperback. Lots of important stuff go down in this book, far more than one would expect. Plus, since it's Allston, there is still some good humor.

21. SteelLepp

Sep 1, 1998
    Maybe the Fett payoff in LOTF is about to happen. The Excerpt from the next book (the Traviss book of course) points heavily that way.

22. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2005
    Is that a comic or a book with all those pics with Jedi vs Sith?

23. SteelLepp

Sep 1, 1998
    Read the new Darth Bane book. Not too bad. Of course, I don't have the "continuity issues" a lot have, I never read the comics, so this is all new to me. Was a very fast read too. Think I finished it in a couple of days

24. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
    Yeah Darth Bane i thought was a good book.

It showed how much one corrupted person could trick and play off of the other Sith to the point where he becomes the true Darth and starts the legacy of the Sith that we know in the movies.

Right now i'm about half way through Republic Commando: True Colors, it is pretty good so far. After this book I'm gonna start reading Allegience, which looks like it should be good. I like Zahn's other books so hopefully that book will continue the trend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.