main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ New Zealand Idol

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SimplyThrilledHoney, Mar 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Hmmm, negative lot you are, yes. Recommend a chocolate binge, I do.

Sela, the youngest contestant in the top ten (I believe) was voted out tonight.

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Not negative, but honest. I'm not surprised she went, but it could have been any of 6 of them after the weekend's performance.

I've seen better singers on Telethon.

3. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    yeah, it's gone from "entertaining because you want to see the performances" to "entertaining like watching a car crash in slow motion". Thus far the competition has the feeling of a school talent contest.

I wonder the judging panel are sitting there, thinking "bollocks ... there's no one here who has what it takes".

4. -Winter-

-Winter- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I do have a lot of chocolate fudge in the fridge. But they're too sweet.

I wished it would be Robin though. Didn't watch the elemination show so don't know if he was in the bottom three. I can't stand him, ugh!

5. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Harsh but true call JP.

Telethon. [face_laugh]

Smooth.

6. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    From memory, I do think Robin was in the bottom three. I know Jessie was.

7. Mr_Burns

Mr_Burns Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 12, 2001
    He was second-to-last.

8. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    Jessie is on her way out, Luke is still my pick for the title.

9. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Camillia is the only female left in the running now. I was pretty surprised that Ben was in the bottom three. I thought he was popular among voters, but I guess the tide can turn from week to week.

One thing I like about the Monday night show, is you only need to switch it on for a couple of minutes and you get all the necessary information. I just flicked over after Clone Wars Chapter 11, and at the very end, and I found out all I wanted to know.

10. -SILVER-

-SILVER- Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 16, 2003
    I can't tell if Camillia's breasts are real or not. ?[face_plain]

This is drivin' me nuts!!! :cool:

11. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    The sad/ironic/whatever thing about Jessie getting the boot was that she sung really well in her final send off.

Sadly, I think she peaked in her audition. When she sung "Drive" I thought she was amazing, but ever since I was quite unimpressed, despite being such a cutie ... (sigh)

I hope Camilla stays in for a while ... it's a lot less interesting if the gender balance isn't equal.

All this being said, I'm still convinced that the competitors are fundamentally mediocre, and that there's no standout star.

12. -Winter-

Mar 12, 2002
    The last time she sang at the elimination show, or the night before? I though she sounded a little shaky, but who woudn't if they're being voted off. :( I don't know why Fiona's being so harsh on her on Sunday. She probably has some preconceived notion that Jessie can't sing--and Michael can. Eww. [face_plain]

13. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I'd imagine Dancing Queen is a very difficult song to sing well ... the notes are all over the scale.

When she said that thing about 'singing like a school production' I was thinking 'I hope she's not thinking back to the singing at my high school.' lol.

One thing I do hate about the whole Idol format, is the way the judges think up these cruel insults for supposed entertainment value. 'Howard Morrison wannabe' 'you look like a womble' ... that's not constructive criticism, that's just humilitating people.

14. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    yeah, i agree, alot of the things that are said seem to be 'made for TV', which has turned me off the whole idol thing a bit.

15. -Winter-

Mar 12, 2002
    "Cruel insults for entertainment value"... ah, only in America, eh? Funny how Simon Cowell is British. I couldn't believe the things he'd say to people at American Idol. But it is sorta funny. Everything is funny, as long as it's not happening to you. ^^;

16. -SILVER-

Oct 16, 2003
    Still can't tell if Camillia's super-duper boobs are real or not!!!

17. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    raise the tone, Silver, raise the tone ...

18. -SILVER-

Oct 16, 2003
    Michael is lucky that guys wear make-up ... as his facial skin looks like the floor of a taxicab.

19. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    And Eddie is gone ... five contestants remain. 'Soul' theme next Sunday, and Peter Urlich will be the guest judge.

20. -SILVER-

Oct 16, 2003
    A long time ago ... Peter Urlich & one of my sisters had an affair.
    I think Luke is next to be erased.
    Camillia & Michael are my favourites....

21. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I think all Camillia's fans got tired of spending the 99c on a vote, and assumed everyone else would vote. She was in the bottom two tonight, but it was Dave heading home.

22. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    Go Luke!

23. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    I have this sickening feeling that Michael will win. Does anyone else get really annoyed with his winks and finger points?

On Sunday, they showed all of them in a westfield mall, and this girl who couldn't have been older than 14, asked him "Michael, would you go with someone younger?" Soooooooo disgusting.

Right now I'm rooting for Ben, although I suspect he may be the next to go. I may even have to vote!

24. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    NO DON'T VOTE, DONT BE SUCKED INTO THEIR MONEY MAKING SYSTEM!!! Think of what you can spend that 99c on!

25. -SILVER-

Oct 16, 2003
    Yeah, I agree with Honey, Michael's try-hard winks & pointing are annoying.

But this is a pop star competition ... image is everything.

The Aussie Idol has 'da fro'.

Michael has his 'winks & pointing' to get votes from teenage girls whose hormones are goin' crazy.

:cool:

It would be a shame if Camillia was erased from the competition simply because most people spell her name incorrectly.

SimplyThrilledHoney keeps spelling her name incorrectly, for example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.