main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~ Newbie Adoptions - incl. Training Prog.- UPD.: 08/25 - Adopt: no one waiting

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    It will be a hard life, but you?ll find out who you are...
    (Welcome to Adoptions!)

Greetings, Initiate, and welcome to Shadowstorm (aka Adoptions). This Academy was designed so that every student will have the ability, during sometime in their training, to choose either the light side or the dark side of the Force. Here you will explore the ways of the Force, learn history and diplomacy, construct a lightsaber, and venture through every aspect of knowledge that you will need in order to embark on your quest to preserve peace and justice in the galaxy. Now that you are here, I will explain a little bit about what you should expect to encounter as a Padawan training under a Jedi Master or Sith Lord.

Basically you'll get help to get familiar with this forum fast.

[b]Every saga has a beginning... [/b]
    [i](How to sign up!)[/i]

[b]Newbies [/b] -- If you are reading the contents of this thread, congratulations! You?ve now taken your first steps into a larger world. It?s not uncommon to feel a bit lost and overwhelmed by this big forum. If you?re feeling this way, or you just want to make some friends, then you?ve come to the right place! Here you can train under either a Jedi Master or a Sith Lord who has already mastered the ways of the forums. Your adopter will answer any questions you may have and help you get acquainted as much as possible.

If you?re interested in being taken as a Padawan learner, just post in this thread or send a PM to me, Skiara. Then I will put you on the list of free newbies at the next update. Also, if you see a free oldbie who you?d like as a Master, just send them a PM. You could also wait until an oldbie contacts you, but this takes the most time.

[b]Oldbies[/b] -- Are you interested in being a part of the adoption program and helping out a new member? Then you, too, have come to the right place! There are three things you need to know in order to be a Master:

You can only become an adopter if you have been registered for at least four months and have at least 400 posts. This is to ensure that you have a certain amount of knowledge about the boards so you can guide your apprentice. Also, if you adopt an apprentice, you are serving as that apprentice guide to the ins and outs of posting. Because of this, you must take care to help your adoptee as much as possible. It is important to maintain contact with your Apprentice for the duration of the adoption, so that you can answer any questions he or she may have about the boards.

If you decide that you?re ready to train an apprentice, then you must announce your wish to adopt someone. If you want to adopt someone, just post in this thread, or [link=http://boards.theforce.net/PrivateMessages/SendMessage.aspx?usr=722822]send a PM to me[/link], Skiara, and let me know up to three of your favorite boards. Then I will put you on the list of free oldbies.

[hr]
    [b]Training to be a Jedi is not an easy challenge... [/b]
    [i](The Training Program!)[/i]

Now that you are familiar with what you will be dealing with as you train in the ways of the Force, the real work can begin. As an apprentice, you will have five groups of tasks that you will have to complete over a course of several weeks. The tasks will cover board-specific history, technical aspects of posting, and behavior. Your Master shall oversee the completion of these tasks, and determine whether you?ve done them properly. He or she will give an update in this forum regularly, so the entire Order can gauge your progress.

After your Master has informed me that you have finished the fifth week of your training, I will send you your final tasks. After you have completed your final tasks, you will send them to me for consideration. Train well, Initiate, for this final task will push you to your very limits. After you have solved your final tasks successfully, you will be granted the rank of Jedi Knight or Sith Lord.

[b]Masters and Apprentices[/b] -- Always remember that you?re working together as a team. Masters, if your apprentice needs assistance, be sure to step in

2. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002

Free Oldies Waiting To Adopt (JC Forums Of Expertise)

[color=5F110F]Asia & Oceania:[/color]

[color=5F110F]Europe & Africa:[/color]

[color=5F110F]North America:[/color]

3. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Free Newbies Waiting To Be Adopted

no one available at the moment

4. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Current Oldbie/Newbie Pairs

Master and Padawans, who are going through the training program:

Finished week 1:

Finished week 2:
      none yet

Finished week 3:

Finished week 4:
      none right now

Finished week 5:
      none right now

Solved final tasks:
      none right now

Adopters and Adoptees:
    • [

5. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    New Year! New Adoption Program! :D

I hope you like the new version! Thanks goes to Qui-Gon_Reborn for the nice introduction! [:D]

If you see mistakes or anything that's missed, just let me know! :)

Edit: And we got our first new Oldbie added to the list of free oldbies: QueenArdnassak! Welcome! :D

6. CronaGorgon

CronaGorgon Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2010
    Add me to that list please? I'm not so wet behind the ears when it comes to roleplaying games, but I could surely use the assistance in the fanfiction aspect. [face_peace]

7. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    The first new member I added to the list of free newbies! :D

Crona, I've just added you. As you can read in the intro it helps a lot, if you pm the persons you like to adopt you. This is a lot faster than waiting for a PM of an oldbie, that's why I suggest pming. :)

If you need help or have any questions, feel free to post them here in the meantime. :)

8. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    *Walks in out of the cold* Hey, new thread! Still has that new paint smell, too. :D

Welcome to the Academy, Crona!

9. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Fantastic stuff, Skiara! :D

10. Lane_Winree

Lane_Winree Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2006
    If you wouldn't mind terribly, Skiara, could I get added to the oldbies list?

I'm in North America and I'll gladly help cover Fan-Fiction, the EU Community, and Literature.

11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks everyone! [:D]

Lane, sorry, but I mind terr... Of course not!! :D I love to see new oldbies joining adoptions. It's great that you're here and I have just added you to the list above. Feel free to contact any newbie! Like Crane for example. :)

12. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I've updated adoption and I thought that's a good reason to up it again. ;) :D

13. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Skiara, I think it is time for me join the ranks of the Oldbies and train some Newbies.

I am in North America, boards of choice: WNU, FanFics, EUC, & RPF

14. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Wow, a new adoption thread!! Looks good :D

15. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I love to see new faces to offer help to new members! :D

I'm adding you to the list above (right now), but I have a question: Do you really want to have RPG listed there? You haven't posted there for quite some time there? :confused: I keep it out for now - until your next post or so, depending on what you say, of course. :)

Edit: I just realised that Hairy (linked at the third post) is looking for a master who can help out in EU and RPG. So it might fit. What do you think? (In case, you don't feel comfortable in RPG, you can say that in a PM. :) )

16. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    No I agree it has been a long time since I posted in any RPG. We'll keep that one off for now.

17. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Ok. :) But still, don't hesitate to contact the new members. :)

18. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    [face_cough]

My statistics aren't looking good... Anyway On her own wish I free Lady Jedi 93 after having finished nearly all of week 2.
    I warned her of Pirates and other bad people as well as the dark side of the force, and she had the final task given by me to take part in the TEHMOLE game...

I am free for taking up a new soon again. (YJCC and WNU mainly)

19. Shira_Adola

Shira_Adola Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    *Tentatively pokes her head through the door* Uhh...I'm new and was wondering if I could get added to the Newbie waiting list...not really sure what I'm doing here.

20. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks for the update, morrison! :)

Shira, I've added you to the list of free newbies, but I recommend to send out a Private Message (PM) to one of those oldbies, since that's the best and fastest way to get adopted. :)

If you get an error message about 'needing 20 posts first', feel free to use this thread. :)

21. Shira_Adola

Shira_Adola Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    Thanks a lot Skiara. Any tips on how to choose an oldbie?

22. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Take a look at the list above and see if there's anyone who is interested in the same boards/places like you. If you can't find one with similiar interests, you can always post a bit about yourself and your interests and I can check who might fit. :)

23. Jedi_Corin_Daan

Jedi_Corin_Daan Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 6, 2010
    Hey, I'm new here. Been a member for a long time at another fan site, and looking for a larger group.
    I really am more into the Old Republic/KOTOR stuff. Are there any masters who share that interest?

24. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Do you mean the game or the books (mainly)?

25. Jedi_Corin_Daan

Jedi_Corin_Daan Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 6, 2010
    Well, both actually. I like both the games and have read several of the comics and books from that time period

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.