main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Newbie Welcome Party - The House-Warming Party!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    More like gag me style from all the complaints that I've heard about it. :p

Jedi Gunny likes this.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I see what you did there.

And agree with it, implicitly.

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Oh, you know, work :p HOw about you? How've you been?

I refuse to listen to that sound. The opening lines sound dumb. And I listen to dumb stuff :p

4. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Where's my double like option? :p

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I suppose you could simply "like" the post, clicking it twice, and hope for a double post.

6. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Hoping for a board error? Never thought I would say that. :p

7. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I should probably hang out in here more...after all, I am able to help the newbies around. Oh, and an obligatory plug for my group:

If you join the EUC Jedi newbies, I can make you a nifty lightsaber, like this one:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
  9. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Cleaning up Philly after stormageddon is going well. Not much to report. We survived. I drove to Atlantic City this afternoon. That place is a mess. I will say in here that I will never play Monopoly with Sandy - she literally cleaned up all of the properties on every major street. Boards from the board walk are imbedded in houses 3-4 blocks inland.

10. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
  11. Adamina

Adamina Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2012
    I'm so excited about the new SW movies! [face_dancing]

12. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Me too. But I'm just a little nervous about a change in ownership; most likely that'll go away soon.

Skiara likes this.
  13. Adamina

Adamina Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2012
    I am too, I never expected the change to happen, but maybe that's just me

14. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    It's always good to see new members. Maybe this is what we need to get membership back up to the old day levels . . .

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    It will probably never get back quite to those levels, only because of th advent of alternative fan outlets such as Facebook, Reddit, etc. but the turn of the last century was a total blast on here. While this whole disney thing is certainly an exciting time to be a fan, the one thing that honestly has been crossing my mind the most is this... I don't know how I am gonna handle *not* having the 20th Century Fox fanfare leading into "A Long Time Ago...". That singular little detail is, inestimably, the moment of hype for me before a SW film. It's a brave new world...

16. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    It'll be better than membership levels now, that's for sure.

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    No doubt.

WNU is now the most powerful forum in the galaxy. I suggest we use it.

18. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    Hello. I have not been on here in two years, and probably not an active member in four. Just thought I would say hi, to be nice and all.

My boyfriend is currently judging me as I sit here and giggle maniacally.

19. Insidious310

Insidious310 Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2012
    Hello all how are you.

20. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Hello! Welcome (and welcome back) to the JC!

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    It's very generous of you to give us a charitable hello. Sorry you are forced to post under such scrutiny. It must be amazing to have a significant other... :(

Hello, Insidious310, Failte Nua Duine. All of the usual intro stuff: Have fun, get involved, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask in here.

Hi, [face_love] Natalie [face_love]

GENERAL REMINDERERER: We are all very excited for new Star Wars films. But, not excited enough to crash our lovely new boards due to 5,000 redundant threads on the topic. Please discuss new films in the appropriate areas of the boards: Currently, these areas are "Films" and there is a discussion in "Community".

22. Basement Cat

Basement Cat Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2012
  23. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I remember you, from a long time ago.

24. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I share those diverent feelings about the new owner. I love to see a new SW movie, but I also fear that they sell out SW on the cost of losing the real SW feeling. Time will tell us...

During my holidays (had been great), I saw a lot of new people in here. Pretty cool! Welcome to you all!! I hope you had a good start! What parts are you mostly interested in at the moment? :)

Edit: Please, don't use too much of the big pictures. Some are still having a slow internet connection and in addition big pictures that cause extra scrolling gets annoying fast. Thanks!

morrison85 likes this.
  25. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    I feel the same about that, and will it mean we get the disney castle now infront of a movie instead the lucasfilm logo *shudder* thats kind of do not want territory for me [face_laugh] and it surely can't focus on the time shortly after the OT can it? How about them making a quick jump to njop .... nah now that would non EU fans leave confused I bet ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.