main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Next meeting Sat 14 Feb

Discussion in 'Archive: Melbourne, FL' started by LordGoldenArrow, Jan 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordGoldenArrow

LordGoldenArrow Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Hey everyone!

Our next meeting will be on the 14th of Feb. Forget what the date is...just come out and watch Mandy and her Irish Dance routine with us!

It's at the Sheriton World Resort, off of International Drive, the dance competiton itself starts at 8am with group dance first
    Mandy's in two of them. one with her sister and Marlana, and the other with just Marlana

Let's show our support and watch something kewl!

We'll all try and get together to do lunch too!

2. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    We'll all try and get together to do lunch too!

Is that before or after the obligatory ambulance appearance? :p

(just kidding, Mandy!)

-Katie
    Thumper

3. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Actually, due to the scheduls for the dances, and the lack of food on site, lunch may not work out. lol.

There are usually over 400 competitors and their families, and it's this mad battle for food. It takes a lot of pain and aggravation just to make sure that our judges and musicians get snacks, lunch, and coffee. lol.

But dinner is definitely a possibility. We usually compete in our last dance around 5pm. And it'll only take us about 30 minutes to get out of costume. You'll just have to get used to the fake curly hair, and knee high socks. :D

No jinks Kaite! ;) I should be ok. I think.

Mandy

4. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    8am in Orlando... wow thats pretty early. How much do rooms run at that fancy place?

5. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    I'm not sure...however, I doubt there will be rooms available because of the competition. Though I may be wrong...

6. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    Ruckus, don't you live in the Orlando area now? ?[face_plain] I thought I remember you saying you were moving out there.

-Katie
    Thumper

7. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Yeah some time ago I did- but the potential roommate I was to move with turned out to be the type of person I was better off not to be roommates with. Though... lord willing.. I will still get out there.. just differently.

8. Mayo_Solo

Aug 9, 2001
    The hotel is completely booked actually. We always have to get there early friday, cause we get two adjoining rooms, cause there are going to be 4 teenagers, and my momma.

In all honesty, you don't have to be there till around 11am, because we don't really do any dances before that. But if you'd like to come earlier, and watch the cute kids, you're welcome to.

But there is a $5 entrance fee.

Mandy

9. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Actually I just remembered I have a event I have to go to on the 14th- so I won't be able to go- good luck all.

10. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    Sorry to hear that Ruckus.

Anyone else coming along? I think we have Thumper, Delaya, Herm, and me right now.

Art

11. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    Four people is nowhere near enough. We need to cheer loudly! So loudly that it properly embarrasses Mandy! Do I need to start paying people to come in off the street?

Or perhaps quality is better than quantity...I can wear my bright orange Rebel pilot gear and proudly tell everyone that "I'm with Mandy!" ;)

-Katie
    Thumper

12. Mayo_Solo

Aug 9, 2001
    You guys won't embarass me! ;)

But I'd strongly recommend against cheering loudly. he judges, and stage help like my momma get perturbed by it, cause it's distracting to the other dancers.

Better start practicing your golf clap.

You can cheer for us during our treble reel though. That's like a showcase dance, and it's very fun to watch.

13. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    So I should leave the air horn at home then? :D

-Katie
    Thumper

14. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    No cheering?!? Can we make HUGE signs?!?!?!?!

:p

15. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    Mandy informed me earlier that it would be closer to 1 for her performances. I'm still thinking to be there by at least 11.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.