main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nominate the Best SW Scene Ever

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by ST-TPM-ASF-TNE, Nov 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    Think about this carefully. Think of TPM, AOTC, ANH, TESB, & ROTJ, and realize what your absolute favorite scene is from one of those movies.

When you tell us what your favorite scene is, tell which SW movie it is from, and be as specific as you can. You don't have to explain why it is your favorite, but you can if you want.

Here is mine:
    AOTC - Arena Battle: The scene where the final circle of Jedi (10 to 15, Padme included) deflect lasers as the Droid Army closes in on them.

2. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    i think most people will say "I'm your father", but I'll say the second most likely :p :

Never, you've failed your highness, I'm a Jedi, like my father before me

:cool:

3. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    Mine will always be Luke and the funeral pyre at the end of ROTJ. Sad yet redeemed finally is Anakin Skywalker. :(

4. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    My favorite scene would have to be Lando, Leia, Chewie, and the droids trying to catch up to save Han Solo from Boba Fett. The music, the suspense, everything is perfect.

Plus, it contains, in my opinion, the "feel good" line of the saga:

"I never doubted you for a second. Wooooonderful!"

You gotta love 3PO. :cool:

:cool: Mace Windy,
    making the evasion of spoilers look breezy!

5. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    As much as I love the prequels and all their cinematic and technical brilliance....here's my vote:

The asteroid field chase from ESB. Just a rollicking, fun, breathless sequence! And one that more than easily stands the test of time. I don't know how much better they could have done that scene today compared to 1978-79.

6. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    The asteroid field chase from ESB. Just a rollicking, fun, breathless sequence! And one that more than easily stands the test of time. I don't know how much better they could have done that scene today compared to 1978-79.

I like that scene to. Which is why I like the one in AOTC to.

7. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    that is kind of a hard question. I know the funniest seen is seeing Chewie swing on a vine with two ewoks attached to him.

8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    WOW, I could make a list, but if I had to pick just one...

Luke has arrived in the freezing chamber on Bespin. The red lights come on and the mechanical breathing hits.
    "The Force is with you young Skywalker..."

Cut to the sihouette of Vader with the lights on his chest blinking,

"...but you are not a Jedi YET."

That chills me. The Hero confronting the Villain of the galaxy. Awsome stuff.

9. mace778083990205

mace778083990205 Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2002
    Three 3. Obi-Wan vs Darth Maul 2. The freezing of Han Solo 1. Han Solo blasting Vader and two imperial pliots before Luke blows up the Death Star. I still laugh when I see the look on the old guy on Yavin when Luke turns off his targeting computer. A look that says,"Yep we're dead."

[edited]

YJ edit: Advertising is against forum rules. If you have an appropriate website that you want to advertise, put a link in your signature or your biography.

10. DarthDork

DarthDork Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2002
    It has always been the end of ROTJ with Vader searching for Luke in the darkness, then we witness the son eclipsing his father.

11. petmytauntaun

petmytauntaun Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 27, 2002
    The entire throne-room sequence in ROTJ.

12. weezyslob

weezyslob Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    The entire lightsaber fight between Luke and Vader in ESB. Which includes the "I'm your father" revelation. That is my favorite scene. My favorite part of the fight is when they are on that catwalk thing and it is really windy and sparks fly, it's just awesome.

13. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    My favorite scene is when DV's mask comes off right before he dies. My second favorite scene is when Anakin shows up beside Yoda and Obi-Wan at the end of ROTJ.

14. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    in empire, before han is frozen in carbonite, leia admits she loves him & han says, "i know."

15. JediMasterEllic_Kier

JediMasterEllic_Kier Jedi Master star 3

Nov 17, 2002
    The ORIGINAL scene of Han and Greedo. Han smoothing Greedo over long enough to get his weapon out.
    Also, the Ricky Ricardo line right after Greedo is fried.
    "Baba Loo" unknown alien in background

GREEDO NEVER FIRED A SHOT!!!
    Please go back and change it GL

16. Bjork

Bjork Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2002
    In Attack of the Clones were Anakin is on Owen's swoop bike, the sun setting behind him while Duel of the Fates plays...very powerful.

:)

-Bjork.

17. StormChewieJedi

StormChewieJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 2002
    Well, I think that everyone has to agree with me on this one...when Yoda enters the hangar in AOTC...first his shadow...he limps on the cane...says some stuff to Tyranus...does the lightning trick...then, "It seems that this contest can not be decided by our knowledge of the Force, but by our skill with a lightsaber." AND ALL YODA HELL BREAKS LOOSE!!!

I mean, what better entrance than that? And what better way to show why YODA DA MAN!

18. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    The med bay scene in ESB where Luke is fresh out of the bacta tank. That back and forward between Han and Leia is priceless.

"But you didn't see us alone in the South Passage. She expressed her true feeling for me." :D < (goofy Solo grin)

Failing that, I'd agree with Vader LaMent that the initial duel between Vader and Luke in carbon freezing chamber was amazing.

"All too easy."

followed shortly by.....

"Impressive. Most Impressive."

19. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    I think it would be Luke on the vurge of turning to the darkside in ROTJ with him in the shadows half dark and half light.

20. Uruk-hai

Uruk-hai Jedi Youngling star 5

Oct 26, 2000
    Ben's death in ANH and the escape on the Falcon is always going to be my fav.

21. yodaschum

yodaschum Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2002
    My favourite scene is the battle of Yavin.

22. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Definitely the asteroid chase from ESB.

23. DARTH_CHINA

DARTH_CHINA Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    This is really difficult.

All the SW movies have their best scenes. But if I have to nominate one, I'll pick a TPM scene :eek: !!

I really think the "Don't look back scene" was so powerful. If you think about it, it's one of the most important moments of Anakin's fall. And of course, the force theme fits in beautifully!

The more I watch TPM, the more I realise the beauty of that movie. :)

24. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    To my knowledge, no SW film has been left out. That is good. I think each SW film deserves it's glory :D

25. DerthNader

DerthNader Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 25, 2001
    Why does this have to be so difficult?!!!!!

I'd have to say the "sunset" scene...Luke walks out of the house, stands and watches the twin suns setting on the horizon. Beautiful, simple, only one special effect (unless you're watching the SE). And how much does that scene say, without one word being spoken?

Pure poetry. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.