main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC Nominations for a new Chapter Representative

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Folks, one it is that time of year that we need to elect a CR. Two, I'm looking at being ConChair for the 2012 ConCarolinas and I need to focus on that.

We just need to have meetups 3 times a year. We've had 2 this year and Luis and I will host the annual Christmas party.

So, anyone willing to step up?

2. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Luis isn't interested in doing it?

I say we make Tracy do it again. haha.

3. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Luis is just as busy if not busier than me. With his job he barely has time to log onto forums and keep up with his stuff.

And I introduced him to Angry Birds. :p

I hate to step down because I really love this group. But more and more I am consumed with other things. I am also hoping to step back in the Rebel Legion in September for the local base there. I'll continue on as detachment leader but I don't think I can be the base CO anymore.

4. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Angry Birds, Peggle and Plants vs Zombies are the most amazing additions to my life ever.

Um.

So, yeah, who's going to be rep then?

I mean worse comes worse I could host a few hangouts a year (bbq and all) if folks want to.

/shrug

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Three times a year isn't much, and I am debating throwing my hat into the ring. The issue is my husband's crazy schedule, my kids (who weren't born yet when I was CR last time) and the fact that I'm hoping to be working again myself starting in the fall. I should know within the next few weeks whether that's going to happen or not.

Anyway, I might be able to manage three times a year, especially if "Let's all go see TPM in 3D" counts as a meetup. And James hosts a barbecue. :p My house sucks for entertaining purposes.

6. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    I've got a pretty decent patio and grilling setup at my crib. I'm down for whatever, just lemme know what works.

7. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    OK, our annual Christmas party would count at least as one event. ConCarolinas would count as an event. Getting together for a movie or board game night would also be an event.

I hate to step down but so much in my life is pulling me in other directions that I really need to.

8. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Oh I understand. I have a lot of commitments in my life that have pulled me away from things I do in my spare time myself (aka a job that is crazy demanding). But eh, life goes on!

How the eff have you been anyways?

9. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    It's been a very hard year. Watching my doggie get worse and worse was horrible. If I knew then what I know now I wouldn't have done it but I'm glad for the extra months I had with her.

Just found out a friend of mine who is a day older than me died this week of a massive heart attack. I'm in shock over that.

I'm still on staff for ConCarolinas and am ConChair this year. I've probably already said that but I'm repeating myself these days.

My child is a teenager. 'Nuff said.

Lou is happy with his job and with me . .. 'Nuff said.

How are you?

10. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Had a few folks close to me die.

Working as a cog in the machine.

Life's not bad though. Sorry to hear about all that.

11. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Introducing Luis to Angry Birds.....Jada you truly are pure evil lol. ;)

12. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    No, me making him wear this is pure evil. [face_devil]

13. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    LMAO!!! I'd pay to see that I think!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.