main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Now is as good as never......costuming

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by Ariadnae1, Aug 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    Okay guys. We can talk about it all we want, but it still isn't getting any costumes done. We really need to at least get together, or have everyone post on here and at least say if they are going to make a costume. This is at least a start, and we can decide what size a room we will need, if we have fabric and such that others can use, etc. The sell at Hancock Fabric is going to go on just about the whole month with some good coupons for like 25% off, but not until towards the end of the month. That should give everyone enough time to decide if they really want to do this, and then go get the fabric. We do need to do something though, and soon.

2. jedi5150

jedi5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 4, 2000
    I agree. Folks, it's not that hard. I made new jedi stuff last week before the convention, it took me about 5 hours total (about half was sewing on snaps, dangit), and it cost me about $7.00 in fabric ($1.00/yard). I did it all by myself, and I'm NOT a expert. Heck, Laura's even offered muslin for FREE, which can make nice starter jedi stuff.

Tomorrow's full, but I can get together with everyone any time this next week. As the con last week proved, if you want to bring media attention to the club, costuming is the way to do it!

I'm thinking of doing an imperial officer uniform now so I can join the 501st...anybody else?

You know, we could just take over Friday night's meeting and make it a costuming workshop...

Doug

3. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    I have decided that I am going to knuckle under and make myself an X Wing Pilot suit. I am jsut beginning the research now. ANy shortcuts to the chestbox that I need to be aware of? That looks to be the biggest obstacle.

4. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    Doug, you said that orange jumpsuits can be bought for $20? The average price I found was $40 (with one for $30, which I bookmarked naturally). Where was the $20 one?

5. jedi5150

jedi5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 4, 2000
    Here's a real flightsuit for $28.00

http://www.dandfoutfitters.com/catalog/items/item1319.htm

And here are coveralls for $22.50...according to my research, racing coveralls were used, not flightsuits. So these would be closer (you'll have to cut and paste this one)

http://www.automotiveworkwear.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AW&Product_Code=CT10&Category_Code=C

Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.