main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA NY Jedi

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by CernStormrunner, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    http://www.newyorkjedi.com/

I was talking to some of these guys at I-Con. There is a PA Jedi group, but they are primarily out of Philly. Would anyone else be interested in trying to put together a Pittsburgh group?

I'm not sure if having it as a part of SWAP or keeping it its own seperate entity would be better. Personally i don't see the problem, but if there are objections I'd understand. Though the thought of getting a bunch of people at the summer picnic smacking each other around with 'sabers kinda makes me smile inside.

2. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    It could start out as a SWAP project and maybe become its own entity once it catches on. Not all Pgh Jedi might want to be SWAP members and vice versa, but like with costumers, everyone has own interests.

3. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    Well, i:
    1. registered
    2. posted in the "starting a local chapter" thread.
    3. ?
    4. PROFIT!

http://www.saberwars.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1886

4. Rebojazz

Rebojazz Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2006
    Just to let you know if anyone is serious about putting together a group like this, I am currently looking for such groups to attend our JediconWV show this October. Perhaps if you can get the people involved and come down to Wheeling you can probably consider that a chapter meet or something to gain some more prospects. ;)

5. SuperChill

SuperChill Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 8, 2005
    I'm going to talk to a couple of friends and see if I can convince them to join.

6. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    only problem is, i'm not sure who'll TEACH it. I did a few years of martial arts back in the day, but i'm pretty rusty. and we only did escrima - two short sticks as opposed to one big one or a sword.

Though I'm thinking of approching this like Luke did with the Jedi Praxeum. The NY Jedi has videos and what not on their site, and I have a few books on sword techniques. But anyone else with martial arts, SCA, or other kind of experiance would be encouraged to teach.

7. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    Just signed up on Philly Jedi.

they were at Steel City last year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.