main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers & Blasters Obi-Wan Force FX LIghtsaber

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by The_Random_Menace, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Random_Menace

The_Random_Menace Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    Is anyone gettting this.... I know I am... Obi-Wan = God of Jedi... and if i have the money I'm gonna snag a Darth Maul one as well... that looks amazing. If anyone have Pictures of these please post.

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    They will be selling a limited number of these at ComicCon BEFORE it hits retail! Last time they did an exclusive like this, thye sold out in a couple of hours on Preview Night.

3. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I'd like to get one as well, but I want to hear some of the reviews first.

I have the ANH Luke Skywalker FX and I really like it, but I was surprised when I compared it to a ROTJ Luke Skywalker FX, because they had managed to go from six AA batteries to three, and the hilt of the ROTJ one was a little slimmer, too. So, I would expect the Obi-Wan one to be like that as well.

4. mr_Goodbomb

mr_Goodbomb Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2006
    My only problem with the Obi Wan and Luke ROTJ is the overly large neck between the last section of grip and the emitter.

5. TorLinWaDur

TorLinWaDur Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2005
    pictures of which one, obi's or maul's?

6. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I have to admit that this is a downside for this saber. But I can't think of how they could support an FX blade with an emitter like that. And I'm not really looking for an Obi-Wan or Luke replica to go with my costume, so the variation is OK.

7. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I wonder why they didn't come out with an Obi or Qui-Gon Ep. I saber first.

8. FETT-MAN

FETT-MAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2005
    I've got a 1/2 Maul if anyone wants pics. When does the Obi-wan come out?

9. LeiaSkywalker4

LeiaSkywalker4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    Here is a linky linky from the collection board for the Obi-Wan Force FX Lightsaber. Their is a review, pictures, and video.
    http://www.akaimpc.com/obiwanfx.html

10. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    I saw lots of these at San Diego Comic-Con this past weekend.

11. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    Hey Loreen, I heard they had some for sale. Out of curiosity, how much was MR asking for them? Was it the standard $120?

-Kyle

12. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    The Custom Saber Shop has them for pre-order at a fair price. Shipping included. I like the idea that the blades are a little thicker then the older ones(maul and obi) I reckon they will hold up to a few more duals before conversion.

13. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    I didn't price them. I don't collect MR sabers, so I didn't care how much they were.

14. TorLinWaDur

TorLinWaDur Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2005
    yes, $120 on the floor it was.
    personally, i did not spend $120 because i know where to get them cheaper, plus i rather spend money on comics, and items that i can't.

15. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    OOOOHHHH SSSSNNNNAAAAPPPP!!!! That thing's awesome! If I looked more like Ewan than I did Hayden I'd so do Obi-wan for Halloween. And where can you get them cheaper from? I'm curious now. Also, Sharper Image has everyone except Maul, which Borders has. So will Borders only have the Obi as well?

16. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    Thanks, TorLinWaDur....my curiosity has been satisfied.

-Kyle

17. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    The only thing I noticed different about it was that it takes a much harder hit for it to make the 'contact' sound effect. All around sweet though.

18. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    For some reason it's easier to get the clash out of the Maul than my Luke ROTJ. And the Maul/Obi are supposed to be the same in blade width.

19. Jedi_Devi

Jedi_Devi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    I got one on Sunday night of CC. It is a freakin' nice saber.

20. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I got to try one out at Comic-Con as well. They're pretty sweet.

21. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
  22. Gen-Kenobi

Gen-Kenobi Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2006
    I just ordered mine today!! This will be my second MR Force FX saber, the other is the AOTC Mace Windu, I can't wait to get the Obi-wan even though the emitter neck is not the greatest, its still going to be my favorite of the bunch!

23. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    Hey, I think this one beats my Luke ROTJ. And possibly my DM.

24. Darth_Bandalak

Darth_Bandalak Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 14, 2006
    I played around with the Darth Maul FX at Sharper Image. My cousin and her friend were kinda embarassed when I handed them both lightsabers (Darth Vader FX, Obi-Wan FX) and started wacking them in the sides. I think that the easier contact in the Darth Maul FX is awesome because there you can get a response from a stab-like strike. I could NEVER get anything like that out of my Anakin FX!
    If the Obi-Wan FX's emitter neck wasn't so bulky, it would make the entire saber look better. With the thing so big like that, at first glance, it makes it look kinda like one of those cheap ones you see at Wal-Mart (First glance) subtract the blade.
    Just the other day I went back to Sharper Image (because I was in such a state of awe that I didn't even look at the price of the Darth Maul saber) and they only had the single-bladed "Damaged" version out. The price was the classic $120. Is the double-bladed Maul version more expensive? I've looked everywhere and can't find anything.

25. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    Oh yeah, the Darth Maul double is twice as expensive. You're paying the money for 2 sabers... I mean, come on. If you get the double at once, it's $200, but if you get two singles it's $240. I have one single, and at some point I'll get the other single. But man, that Obi-wan looks amazing. Is it brighter than the Anakin?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.