main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN October FanForce meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jar Jar, Sep 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    The next Knoxville FanForce meeting will be on Tuesday October 1st at Celebration Station at 6p.m. We will probably continue trading and talking about collectibles, talking about the movies, showing off new stuff, and having a good time. To all of those that did not make it this time, hopefully you will be able to come back soon. Attendance was still excellent however and we had 7 total I believe and two new faces were among those.

At the last meeting I was elected this Chapter's Fan Force City Representative. As I stated at the meeting, I promise to put an end to corruption because I love democracy. I think this calls for an appropriate icon change and you have my word I will live up to it. ;)

On a different note, we must try and decide on a nickname (or to not have one) for the club. I will post a poll up and see what you guys want to do by having you vote for it. Also, we will continue to tackle design ideas for the Fan Force patch and I will try to put up images for that soon as well. There was quite a bit of discussion on that matter at the September meeting so we will continue that here and possibly at the October one as well.

Anyway, that's all for now. See you in October!

2. Lighthammer72

Lighthammer72 Jedi Master

Apr 11, 2002
    I just finished converting that Heiland I was telling you about at the meeting yesterday; and I thought you might like to see some pics: http://lighthammer72.tripod.com/lowesabers/id13.html

-John

3. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    That looks great! My clamp came in last night, so I too was busy putting stuff on. I converted my Larbel clamp and gave it the YH lever and sidebars. It is now 100% accurate to what is known of the screen used Vader ANH and I have the best of both worlds because the Larbel clamp's finish is more accurate than YH's anondized one.

You'll have to bring your saber to the next meeting and I'm gonna have to kill Chip because I know I still won't have the parts to finish mine from him. :mad:

4. Lighthammer72

Lighthammer72 Jedi Master

Apr 11, 2002
    Thanks; I thought it turned out pretty good too. Can't wait to see yours. By the 22nd, I should have my Exar Kun saber from Creative Force as well as my Ki-Adi-Mundi from the Dewback wing run. Actually, My Exar could be here Friday. I'll bring all three to the meet. I put that Vader Unleashed together last night and set him up facing Maul so it looks like they're about to throw down. It's pretty cool lookin'.

5. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Bump..

6. BushiFox

BushiFox Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    Hello!

I am BushiFox. Since I do live in Knoxville, I thought it might be fun to come hang out with you guys at the meeting. I was just wondering what I should expect. I saw mentioned trading...Anything I should bring in particular?

Where at celebration station do you meet? In the back little room place?

7. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Hello and welcome BushiFox!

We do all kinds of stuff at the club. Much of it is just talking about collectibles and the movie stuff in general, but it just depends. We got people involved in every aspect of Star Wars except the RPG and CCG, so you'll even find a few folks involved in making replica props.

Normally we meet upstairs and I don't think this will change. I haven't reserved our space yet, but I plan to call them this week to do so.

Hope you can make it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.