main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass October meet anyone?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Beanie, Sep 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Beanie

Darth_Beanie Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 20, 2008
    I know it has been a while since we had a meet and I haven't been posting that much but I would like to see you all again and start getting back to meets.

Please post when and ideas for where.

Thanks,
    Chris

2. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    I'm game...

If we wanted to do movies (DVD's), etc. there's a theater room available at my clubhouse.

I'm dying to see everyone too! Let's make this one happen.

Ideas:

Movie(s)- doesn't necessarily need to be SW.
    Game night - Poker, SW trival pursuit, etc.?
    Bowling?
    A get together at someone's house (I'll offer my place - but I can't do BBQ)?

ANYTHING!

3. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    My October availability will be somewhat limited...I'm already committed to my 25th class reunion on the 17th and will likely be staying overnight at the hotel and participating in the breakfast the following morning. The following weekend has a bowling tournament at Westgate Lanes on tap, but I'll have to see what my finances look like after the reunion.

4. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I'd like to get together for a SW Trivial Pursuit night, or something along those lines. I know I couldn't do the Friday of the week of Columbus Day or the weekend that's the 24/25th (can't remember the exact dates of that weekend, but I'll be in Florida for work). Sounds like a great time, looking forward to this happening and seeing people before the big event in November.

5. Hunter_Venal

Hunter_Venal Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2009
    hey I'm new to the forums so I dont exactly know how this meet works so could someone fill me in

6. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Looking like the weekend of the 10th/11th works best....

Are Sundays or Saturdays better for the majority?

For me, Sundays are better.

7. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    The Sunday of Columbus Day weekend should be fine w/ me...now if I could just get to the meet.

And welcome, Venal...you just need to watch the meet threads for time and location. If you need directions anywhere, they'll usually either be posted or, if it's @ a member's house, PM the member for them. In any event, we look forward to seeing you. :D

8. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    BTW, you know I could go for tenpin bowling, as long as it's @ a USBC-certified center and not a "party house" like Kings or Pinz (I don't want to risk my good equipment at a "party house"). AMF Town & Country Lanes on Rt. 9 in Shrewsbury might be centrally-located, but would be a drive for anyone bringing me there. If we want to go someplace in Boston and vicinity, there are 3 choices: Boston Bowl (Morrissey Blvd. in Dorchester), Lanes & Games in Cambridge, and Town Line Lanes in Malden.

9. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Alright folks... we got this started, let's keep it going.

Where are we meeting the weekend of the 10th?

As I said, Sundays are better for me but, whatever is the majority rules.

10. Darth_Beanie

Mar 20, 2008
    We could do a activity meet it doesn't fall on the 10th but the Boston Comic Con is Oct 24th & 25th.

We could do bowling. That was popular the last couple of times we did it.

11. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    I am up for some "fun" bowling but, I am not up for driving into Boston to do it. I like the idea of Pinz but, the lanes in Shrewsbury are nice too.

How does the 11th sound for everyone? Meeting around 2pm?

Now the only question... where?

12. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    glad to see things coming along for a meet. unfortunately I will not be able to attend this month. I am working the weekends in the middle of the month so that leaves me out.

I know I have been absent for a while looks like a lot of us were to be honest so I went into lurker mode to see what would pop up. After seeing the line-up of SMF I think I will pass on that as well (just can't see myself paying $20 to see a bunch of models fully clothed last year's wrestle fest was the last straw for me) so I may not see anyone until a December meet. Been way too long if you ask me.

13. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    The 11th @ AMF Town and Country in Shrewsbury should be OK w/ me if I can convince the usual friend to come along.

BTW, I'm hoping to pick up a new computer tonight and I should be back running by the weekend (I'm using a machine in the other apartment building in my complex.).

14. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    So guys, where are we meeting Sunday and at what time?

My vote is for Pinz - I would prefer a more relaxed/non-competitive bowling atmosphere at around 2.

And that's MY two cents. LOL

15. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Bowling just kind of got shot...my best friend informed me that the tailgate is broken on his pickup truck and it would be difficult to get my equipment bag in the back through the window. I could do Pinz, but using a house ball there just wouldn't feel the same. [face_plain]

We could keep any kind of bowling involving me non-competitive. The casual bowlers could always just compete among themselves if they want, while I just show off. [face_laugh]

16. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I will be there in spirit, have a great time!

17. Darth_Beanie

Mar 20, 2008
    I am fine with bowling on Sunday at 2. :) Looking forward to it.

18. VaderCaedus

VaderCaedus Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2009
    I'd love to come to a meeting sometime. My wife and I are fairly new to New England, and dont really know many people here yet, and we're both HUGE Star Wars fans.

19. Darth_Beanie

Mar 20, 2008
    Dan if you can make it we are meeting today at Pinzin Milford.

The address is 110 South Main Street in Milford.

20. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    I can't make it today, it's too far away, sorry guys. :(

21. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    So sorry I couldn't make it yesterday... I didn't have Beanie's # to let him know and don't have access to the internet at home (or cable for that matter) right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.