main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Odeon or Silvercity? Which one ensures a more fan-like expierience?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Mystic_Warrior_Queen, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mystic_Warrior_Queen

Mystic_Warrior_Queen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2005
    Ok everyone I really want to go to the theatre that has the most people that love Star Wars...
    now on opening night which theatre is it better to go to hear some fans howling in the seats when Vader is on screen? I want to hear some great reactions!!
    So who is going to dressup ? and which theatre are you gonna go too? which is beter and why? thanks.

2. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    For better fan reception and interaction I prefer the Odeon, although I admit Silver City has better screens. Odeon is also less expensive and the Gauthiers have a warmer response to "us".

3. Dango

Dango Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    I'm gonna probaly go to the midnight viewing at Silver city first. But if anybody else wants to go see it again at the odeon or capitol six I'd be down for that.

4. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Odeon downtown for me. :)

5. SabotJune

SabotJune Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2000
    Hi there. Long time viewer, first-time poster. Me and my posse are going to be hosting an unofficial tail-gate party at SilverCity as soon as we can get down there on the 18th. A bunch of us went there for ATTACK OF THE CLONES and we have memories that will last a lifetime. I heard about the party at Cineplex but Yates street is just too noisy for me-I want to still hear ROTS by the tiem it unspools;0 Anyone else in with me?

6. Dango

Apr 8, 2004
    ill be down there with my friend (at silvercity) I may or may not join up wit your posse> If it's the only big gang of more "hardcore" star wars fans then I'll just figure its your group.

7. haruwindsong

Aug 2, 2004
    I'm going to check out the timings at both. I may wind up doing both --- sucker for punishment. Spoke to Pierre Gauthier (owner of the Odeon) on Wed. He hadn't finalised the timings yet, so we shall see. At least I'm off work that week.

8. DARKSIDE-DAVE

DARKSIDE-DAVE Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2004
    Hello all! I and some of my other 501st members will be at SILVERCITY for the mudnight screening with the ticket already in my wallet. FYI there will be a nice turn out for us at the 12:01am showing with a special Boba Fett apperance where he is travelling in from Vernon for the event.

It is gonna be a Blast!!!

P.S. our website has some cool stuff added to it and one of our 501 members has returned from C 3 with HUNDREDS of pictures and we are in the process of filtering out some for the website, Thank-you to all who has visited the link(down below) please feel free to send your feedback to our "outerrim" website.

DARTH DAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. SabotJune

SabotJune Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2000
    If there is a Dave Campbell here, I saw that one of yo photos got posted on starwars.com for the april 2nd midnight madness in the Hyperspace ssection. Way to go!

10. Dango

Apr 8, 2004
    ill be there (silvercity) for the midnight viewing. So I may come over to your 501st group and say hi.

11. DARKSIDE-DAVE

Aug 7, 2004
    Sure thing Dango! make sure you say hey to me (VADER) and just drop me your name at the time and I will say welcome. Thanks for the congrats Sabotjune!!!
    DAVE

12. Dango

Apr 8, 2004
    my real name is Justin so that's who I'll introduce myself as. My friend will be there with me so he might want to talk.

13. DARKSIDE-DAVE

Aug 7, 2004
    What's up Justin! I don't talk much when I am in "Character" But I will fer sure say HI.
    Dave

14. Pagz

Pagz Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2005
    My girlfriend and I are going to be at the Silvercity Midnight showing in costume. She's going Han Solo style, I've whipped up a kinda funky Jedi outfit. Looking forward to seeing everybody out there for the premier.

15. haruwindsong

Aug 2, 2004
    Can we set up for University Heights? How many of us will be at the 7:00 pm showing? Tickets go on sale 9:00 am that morning. If I have numbers I might be able to talk the manager into "side-lining" tickets for us ahead of time as was done for Silver City.

Also, whoever happens to know where the digital movie theatre is in Vancouver, please post ASAP. I'd like to check out ROTS in digital pm 27 May.

16. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    It's at Riverport in Richmond, Haru.

I'm confused, now: how many people have tickets to which showing? And what's this about "sidelined" tickets?

Please elucidate and elaborate for us out of the loop, please?

Thanks,

*Derisa*

17. haruwindsong

Aug 2, 2004
    Randy managed to "sideline" 25 tickets for Silver City opening night/first show which were snapped up by the local 501st and Rebel Legion. If I have numbers for Alliance/Atlantis aka University Heights on Shelbourne within the next two days I just might (no promises) be able to request same sort of deal with them.

18. NessaSolo

NessaSolo Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2005
    Hey guys. Met some of you at the meeting last week. Most of you are going to SilverCity it seems, but unfortunately (for convenience sake) I'm heading to the Odeon. Hopefully some of you will be there. What time do you plan on lining up? I'll join you as soon as I can. Can't wait!!

19. haruwindsong

Aug 2, 2004
    Nessa: Derisa should be there. I'm not certain if she's coming as a Jedi or Mon Mothma.

20. Alakin_Marshwalker

Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Me and quite a few of friends are also doing the midnight show at the Odeon. Not sure on when for line ups but will update here when I do know.

21. Dango

Apr 8, 2004
    what time will you be at silvecity Dave?

22. SabotJune

SabotJune Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2000
    I'll be heading down to SilverCity as soon as I can tomorrow (Wednesday). That choice is a no-brainer for me. Despite the fact that I love the Odeon, Yates Street is such a ghetto. I'll be wearing my black REVENGE OF THE SITH t-shirt. I should be with a whole bunch of other people too. See you there!

May the Force be with you,

Stevie

23. haruwindsong

Aug 2, 2004
    I need a lift home after the movie. I live in Gordon Head. Can anyone help out?

24. Alakin_Marshwalker

Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    I will be at the Odeon from about 2pm on. I will have a Gameboy DS and umm, yeah. Feel free to PM me if you want details on how to spot me or what have you.

25. NessaSolo

NessaSolo Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2005
    Oh I'm glad to hear you're going Alakin. Now I will actually have met somebody in the line.

I would love to lineup all day, as I want to be in the front with all the "cool" people! (last two times I ended up around the block - no costumes no fun at all) Unfortunately, I have been scheduled to write a calculus test that afternoon. I pleaded with my teacher to write it today instead, but to no avail. So I am just wondering if any of you would be at all willing to hold me a spot? My friend who was going to lineup for me has unexpectedly been called out of town. I know that I don't really know you guys well and I don't expect you to, but if you are feeling generous and willing to help out a lonely pregnant Padme, I'd be eternally grateful!

See you tomorrow! Can't wait!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.