main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Of Love and Marriage : pre-ESB H/L: Updated 6/28/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by J_Girl, Aug 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Do I sense that some romance and kissing scenes are about to come forth! Oh and Congrats J_Girl, 100 posts!!!!!!!!!!!!

And many there be many more!!!!!!!

Amidala

2. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001

Dant : Familiar? ::dexgirl shrugs:: Hmm, I have never heard of them before. Then again, I feel like I do know them somehow.

boushh2187 : Zeebuss ;)

Amidala Skywalker : Thanks! And I am afraid that is classified information. Besides, it would spoil the fun. Of course, I will say that where Han and Leia are involved, there will always be sparks! :D

Thanks for reading!

Dexgirl

3. Lari

Lari Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2001
    Ohhhhhh! He missed her!

(that's about all you're going to get from me right now! ;))

4. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Woohoo! Nice post! Ha ha, poor Leia, being put on the spot like that. :)

But first thing's first: you play softball?? Cool!! I'm a former catcher and 1st baseman myself. :)

Anyways, greeeeaaaaat post. I am savoring this story like a fine meal. And like every tasty dish--I want MORE. :D

5. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    This is great! I DEMAND more!!!!! :) I must know what is going to happen!

6. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    I can't wait until the wedding, if it really takes place. This is going to be so much fun. :)

7. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Lari : Thanks. Hope that's all I am getting becuase you are busy updating your fic "What if Leia were the Emperor's Hand". It's great seeing ANH in a totally unique way, especially where Leia is even more involved. You guys gotta read this if you aren't already. The link in in Lari's sig.

Yanksfan : Thanks. Yep. I play, always have - used to be baseball,though. Mostly I have played shortstop and third, but this year I am playing wherever they need me most. Oh, I'm not much of a cook, but if you like to use fics as your sustenance, that I can handle. :)

Jedi-Jade : I demand more Blind Date, so I will make you a deal. You post there and I will post here. Whaddya say? Awww, you know I'm gonna post real soon anyway, don't ya?

Sologal : Acutally I think the getting to the wedding is gonna be kinda fun. And who knows what could happen afterwards. ;)

Thanks for reading and stick around everyone, it's not over yet. :D

Dexgirl

8. DantSolo

DantSolo Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    This belongs at the top, it's too good to lag behind. :D

9. leia393

leia393 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    Wonderful fic. I just found it and can't wait for more!

10. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    Dexster: Yatay, yatay. ;)

11. set271

set271 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2000
    Love it when Leia's on the spot! :) And isn't it funny how Han's fitting right in and enjoying himself?

GREAT post. Looking forward to more! :)

12. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Dant : so you keep saying :)

leia393 : thanks, glad to have you along for the ride.

boushh2187 : Yoto Yoto

set271 : hm, would you beleive I never realized that particular switcharound? LOL I gotta pay more attention to what I am writing. ;)

Ok, everybody, I am gonna try my best to get a new post up tonight (US, eastern time), but please don't hold it against me if I don't. No worries, though, if not tonight, then tomorrow, for sure!

Dexgirl

13. boushh2187

Jul 16, 1999
    Come on girl! I'm sure you can do somethning with the power of the dex! ;)

14. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    Looking foward to more, whenever you can swing it. :)

15. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001

Stoned Rose : Thanks and sometimes you just gotta post, so I am. :) Thanks for being patient.

Dexgirl

16. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    OK, I summoned all of my meager Force-strength, threw in some dex and added the big behind-the-scenes pep talk from a certain thermal detonator buddy aaaannndddd.........

Previous: Chapter 7: Love at First Sight?

Chapter 8: Will You Still Call Me ?Sweetheart??

Leia was weary from the long day and thinking about the next one made her even more so, but she wouldn?t mind a few quiet moments alone with Han. She wanted to thank him again for agreeing to this whole mess before the wedding and coronation. Knowing how busy tomorrow promised to be, Leia wasn?t sure there would be time before the big event. At least, this was the reason she gave herself. ?Okay, maybe one.?

Han ran back and absconded a bottle of whiskey and a couple of glasses from a passing droid in charge of drinks at the party. They made their way to her rooms and settled in the outerlounge area as Han poured the drinks.

He handed a glass to Leia. They shared a wry smile as they clinked glasses and each took a sip. ?How are you holding up??

The princess sighed, ?As well as can be expected. How did it go at your end??

Solo pursed his lips, ?Not bad, actually. They?re not such a bad bunch and they do seem pretty loyal to the king. So, we should be alright. How?d it go with the women??

Leia shook her head and closed her eyes in exasperation, ?Just like I expected. They had a string of questions about us.?

He perked up at that. ?Oh yeah? What?d you tell them??

?Pretty much what we said yesterday. That we met by accident. From there, they led themselves into believing it was love at first sight,? she groaned half-mockingly.

?Love at first sight, huh?? Han raised his eyebrows and his voice a notch in challenge. That would be about right, anyway. Wouldn?t it, Sweetheart? He stared into her eyes intently, waiting for an answer.

Feeling suddenly shaky from the weight of his stare, Leia willed herself not to react. She knew she had to redirect the conversation fast. The only topic she could think of was Han himself, although she knew that would work just fine. Han always enjoyed talking about how women loved him. ?They were very interested in you,? she goaded with just the right amount of mystery to her tone.

?Of course,? Han replied smugly, exactly as the princess knew he would. ?So, they?re all in love with me, I?ll bet.?

Leia breathed a quiet sigh of relief. For such an unpredictable man, Han could be very predictable on certain subjects.

?I?m not about to feed that Wookiee-sized ego of yours,? she warned him caustically. Then she smiled, seeing a rare opportunity coming about, ?I told them what I knew about you.?

?Which is?? Han asked, openly leading her to the information he wanted to know. What had she told them?

She shrugged, ?That you?re Corellian.? Little did Solo realize that he was falling straight into the princess?s carefully laid trap.

?Aanndd?? Han pushed.

?Well, that is all I know,? she said innocently, taking another sip.

?How can you say that? You?ve known me for almost three years,? he balked defensively, now getting the feeling where she was heading with this. ?You?ve even been there when I?ve told some of the more choice stories about me and Chewie.? Solo wasn?t sure why he had risen to the bait, but he had. Maybe he wanted Leia to feel like she knew him.

?But you?ve hardly ever said anything about what you did before Chewie. And don?t think the same few stories you?ve let out over the years qualifies as background,? Leia countered decisively. She was not going to let this opportunity pass by that easily.

?Hey, Sweetheart, I?m pretty much the same now as back then, only older. I?m a ?what you see is what you get? kind of guy,? He grinned with wide eyes, spreading his arms expansively in an open gesture.

Leia smiled back knowingly. How could he think she would go for th

17. TorynFarr

TorynFarr Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 27, 2000
    wow, i leave and a new h/l fic pops up! gotta go read it now. i always love those pre esb fics

18. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    Ok, Leia, you must stop this denial thing.....you're only missing out on a great thing this way. :D

AWESOME scene!!! :)

19. TorynFarr

Nov 27, 2000
    ok, just finished reading it, and:

WOW!!! this is such a great idea for a fic! their denial of their feelings is so painfully sweet. i cant wait to read about the wedding!! [face_love]

20. boushh2187

Jul 16, 1999
    OK... if I were her, I would not let that man leave!! :eek:

Seriously though... Dexgirl, you made it! Woohoo! Great post! aaand, admit it... it was my chant that helped you finish the post! ;)

21. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Wow J_Girl, that was a fantastic post. I cannot wait until tomorrow. Once question though: where is Luke when all of this is happening?

Fantastic Post!

Amidala

22. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    I'll leave. But first I'm going to get you to your ship.

23. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    TorynFarr : Thanks for stopping by. Hope you stay for the rest. :)

Dant Solo : Poor deluded Leia, I have been trying to tell her that for years, but does she ever listen to me? Noooooo! Well, hee hee, maybe sometimes, when Han isn't acting like a scoundrel. ;)

boushh2187 : It was entirely the chant! Keep those chants handy, I have a bad feeling I'm gonna need them.

Amidala_Skywalker : Thanks! Where is Luke, you ask? Well, it's simple, he's.... he's... ummmm, hmmm, now where is he? Oh, I know! ::dexgirl nods decidedly:: He's practicing his Jedi stuff. You know, lightsabers, remotes, that sort of thing. Yeah, that's it! And Chewie and the droids are with him, so they can point and laugh when the remote stings him in the butt (somebody has to do it while Han is away).

Dant : You've got your clearance to leave ;)

I am beginning to wonder if more than a couple of people are still reading this. Hmmm, maybe I am posting too fast........

24. TorynFarr

Nov 27, 2000
    j girl, you know i can never pass up a good h/l fic :)

25. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Great post J Girl. :) I can't even choose a favorite line. It was all so good. Although, I really liked Leia's strategy for changing the subject. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.