main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Of Love and Marriage : pre-ESB H/L: Updated 6/28/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by J_Girl, Aug 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DantSolo

DantSolo Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    boushh2187: Of Love and Marriage: SE. LOLOLOLOLOL!!!

And Dexgirl, GLAD TO HEAR IT!! WOO HOO!!! :D

2. set271

set271 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2000
    Finally popping back in to say... GREAT POSTS!! I have nothing intelligent to add, so I'll just say that I second everyone's praise. :) Looking forward to that OLAM:SE! :D

3. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Melyanna : you got it! Just let me post this first, ok?

boushh2187 : Special Edition? ROTFL! I guess you could call it that. :D

Dant Solo : LOL, boushh2187 does have a way with names :)

set271 : Thanks!

L&M:SE HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

ok, gonna post the next scene right now...
    Dexgirl

4. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    WOW! I can't believe this made it to page 7! That is soooo cool! :D Thanks again everyone for your support! It really is very encouraging to me.

Previous: Chapter 9: Exactly How Many Princesses Do You Know?

Chapter 10: Are You Dreaming or Wishing?

Leia was perched in a raised chair while the wedding attendant styled her hair for the ceremonies. She stifled a yawn. While it was nearing afternoon, Leia was already exhausted from barely sleeping the night before. As the skilled attendant brushed her hair rhythmically, Leia drifted off in to a light doze. It felt so good to relax, if only for a moment or two?.

Han burst into the room as the finishing touches of makeup were being applied to her face. Her unbrushed hair was pulled back in large clips waiting its turn for attention. The ceremony not due to begin for another hour, Leia was still wearing a simple white dressing robe.

?I changed my mind,? Han said resolutely to her image in the mirror.

With a warning glare at Solo, Leia turned to her attendant. ?Will you give us a minute?? The confused attendant looked from the princess to Solo, bowed and left. The Leia turned to face a determined Solo. ?What were you thinking? What if she figures something out??

?It doesn?t matter anymore, Leia,? Han said steadily.

?What are you talking about? What?s the problem?? The princess was uncertain what was he was doing here at all. She did notice he used her given name for once and she also noticed how much she liked it.

?I can?t do it this way,? Han burst out. Taking a breath, his voice softened, ?Not with you.?

Leia turned away to watch him in the mirror again. ?Han, we?ve been through this. You know how important this is,? she argued back to Han?s reflection, not wanting to hear what he was saying, not wanting to understand. Denial of his intent was her only defense against her emotions that threatened to go out of control.

Solo stepped between the mirror and her chair to face. ?Leia, I can?t marry you and have it be a sham. If that?s the way it is, get somebody else,? he affirmed, pointing his finger at her.

No, she refused to admit where he was going with this, there were more important things at stake. ?Han, there isn?t time.?

?I don?t care. This isn?t about anybody, but you and me.? Solo placed his hands on the arms of the chair, effectively caging her in and forcing her to focus on him and his words. Han leaned down until his face was a mere few inches from hers, his intense hazel eyes staring straight into her soul. ?I love you, Leia. And I know you love me, too.?

Unable to speak, Leia just gaped at the handsome smuggler and tried to process his words. He loved her?! And he knew that she loved him?!

Han laid out the ultimatum in no uncertain terms, it sounded somewhat practiced but he still stammered a bit at first, ?Leia? I?d be honored?? His eyes sparkled, ?thrilled, Sweetheart? to marry you, but I?ll only marry you today on one condition: that it?s for real.?

Leia?s heart sang with sheer joy, but she couldn?t answer him. This could not happen. She was way too frightened to cope with the ramifications of allowing anything like this into her life. Leia?s failsafe answer regarding her feelings eventually found its way to her voice. It was the same answer that she used on herself time and time again whenever her thoughts strayed too far in the wrong direction. ?Han, I can?t afford to let a personal relationship interfere with the Rebellion.?

Han appeared at the ready to answer to that. ?Nobody?s askin? you to give up the Rebellion, but the choice is yours.? Solo shook his head with his grin sliding up the side of his face, ?It?s all or nothing, Sweetheart. I?ll be waitin? at the end of the aisle. If you meet me there, I?ll know your answer.? With that, Han straightened up and walked out without a backward glance.

Leia sa

5. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    D'oh! That was cruel, J-Girl. Very cruel. Heheheheh........I like your style. :D

Great post! And Han was adorable,er,even if it wasn't really him. ;) But I'm psyched for the wedding. Can't wait 'til you post again...

6. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    It was only a dream! You really had me going there for a minute. Nice touch J_Girl. :)

7. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    Oh, man, everytime I read that scene I want to scream when she wakes up!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

That's just a killer scene, Dexster! Can't wait for the SE. ;)

8. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001

Yanksfan : Thank you. I happy I could saitfy the adorable Han factor for you. Usually he is in my own dream, but I just let Leia borrow him for her own dream this once. I mean she can have the real thing anytime, while I just get the fantasies. ;)

Sologal : I really had you buying into it? Cool! My work was not in vain. :)

Dant Solo : L&M SE.... HAHHAHAH, it's still amusing me ;)

Thanks again,
    Dexgirl

9. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Ugh! It was only a dream. You,ve really got me hooked and anxiously awaiting the next post.
    Kab

10. sith_lady17

sith_lady17 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2001
    This story is wonderful... [face_love] Keep up the good work J_Girl!

11. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    Of Love and Marriage Special Edition, coming to the Jedi Council this Summer. ;)

Seriously, I'm all hyped up now. :) You better be writing out there, Dexxgirl! ;)

12. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    That was cruel, J_Girl! I so thought it was real...but it was all a dream! I look forward to the wedding your doing a fantastic job not just with the thread but keeping us hanging on.

AS

13. TorynFarr

TorynFarr Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 27, 2000
    argh! that was so cruel! and there I was, drooling like a crazed h/l fan, when it was all a dream. Oh wait, I'm drooling anyway. :) I NEED MORE!!!!

14. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    I'll just give this a little boost. :)

To the top you go. :)

15. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    Dexgirl......oh, Dexgirl!! Did you write the SE scenes yet?? I'm waaaiiittting!!! :D

16. Lari

Lari Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2001
    I'm liking how this is working to fit in with H/L's conversation in the corridor at Hoth--this is why I love pre-ESB fics!

(p.s. with other writers I wouldn't have been sure, but I knew it had to be a dream, you wouldn't do it so suddenly, with nothing to prepare Han for it. Though you had me going at a few points, because it was so Han!)

17. set271

set271 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2000
    You had me going, hook, line, and sinker. :)

FANTASTIC scene!! I just loved it. It was perfect. I absolutely can't wait for the wedding!! :) :)

18. boushh2187

Jul 16, 1999
    Duh, I posted yesterday and forgot to say something about the post. :) I have to say that reading this my reaction went something like this "Oh man she's taking this AU!! :D " Followed by, "Duh, sucker... dream sequence." ;)

Still looking forward to the SE. ;)

19. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Oy! Give me more, please, I beg of you!

20. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    boushh2187: That was exactly my reaction as well. :D

21. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Wow! what a reaction! I am sooo happy! I will post more tonight, but right now I have to go play slave to my other habit (besides writing fanfic) buying SW toys, of course! :D

See ya later! Count on it!
    Dexgirl :D

22. JediLeiaSolo

JediLeiaSolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2001
    Oh, that was so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so (I think you get my drift) evil of you!! :) I'm still here....waiting for the next post...I was reading that post and going to ask if this was AU...but you just tricked me....and pretty well too! :)

All the best,
    JediLeiaSolo

23. boushh2187

Jul 16, 1999
    DantSolo: Now why doesn't that surprise me? ;)

Dexgirl: Toys you say? :D You haven't seen the ever elusive Bespin Capture Han anywhere have you? I might have to resort to ebay soon...

24. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Kab790 : It was but a dream! Hooked I will happily accept. Thanks!

sith_lady17 : Thank you very much.

boushh2187: Preview? LOLOLOL, I love it. And "I'm doin', I'm doin'." ,ooooh, look at me quoting from the EU!

Amidala_Skywalker : Cruel maybe, but fun definitely. Very happy to hear I am doing a good job on both fronts. :D Thanks!

TorynFarr : Well, I could make a sarcastic remark about the drooling, but, you know, I tend to drool over Han myself, heh heh. ;)

Sologal : I am always grateful for a boost! Thanks!

Dant Solo : Insert Han Solo type remark here ;)

Lari : Cool about the Hoth conversation. I think I was actually trying to write for that effect at one point, but I forget if I ended up doing that or not. Guess it's working at any rate. And here you guys probably thought I knew what I was doing when I write, I betcha! Oh, and I am glad I at least had you for a sec here and there.

set271 : Ahh, tis true, the more we want it to be real, the more we believe. Hey, I would've bought it and probably would've been screaming at the screen when I found out it was just a dream. Thanks!

Melyanna : More shall be forthcoming, I swear!

JediLeiaSolo : Sorry, but I just had to do it. I love to write AU's, so I just had to slip a little something in there to keep me happy. ;) Would it help if I told you that I really like your name a lot?

boushh2187 : Oh drat! The 'other one' stole my thunder! ;)

Ok, it's late, but still technically 'tonight' my time. So new post in a couple of minutes.....

Dexgirl

25. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    ::deep breath:: be kind, okay? This was NEVER meant to compare to their 'real' wedding down the road......

Previous: Chapter 10: Are You Dreaming or Wishing? or just scroll up this page

Chapter 11: Zero Hour... No, That Kiss Didn?t Count- or Did It?

?Zero hour,? Han thought as he stood nervously on atop the dais and tugged at his collar. The great hall where the ceremony was about to take place reminded him of the one back on Yavin IV. However, this time, he was the one who would be watching Leia walk down the long aisle to him. Solo remembered how awkward and nervous he had felt walking that drawn out strip to the dais that day, although he had done his best to appear as if he were taking it all in stride. Leia had been what he could only describe to this day as an exquisite angelic vision waiting for them at the top of the steps to reward them with hero?s medals. Han smiled resignedly to himself, admitting his feelings he held deep within. He had loved her even then, ever since he first saw her as a matter of fact. It was a feeling almost impossible for him to put words to, but Leia made him feel like no other woman had ever done before.

Releasing a sigh of tension, he wished Chewie and Luke were here to see this. The big Wookiee would probably be making smart remarks the whole time, but at least it would?ve kept Solo?s mind off the fact that he secretly wished this wedding wasn?t all a sham. As much as he told himself to forget about the whole idea of Leia and him, Han couldn?t. For almost three years, he had been around this woman. For that whole time, they excelled at aggravating each other one minute and trading secretly passionate melting glances the next. The former having been in the fashion of boisterous arguments and the latter having never been referred to out loud. Princess Leia was the most confusing woman he had ever known and that fast only served to intrigued Han all the more. He would love to pull her close and kiss her, just once, to see what would happen.

That?s when it hit him. The kiss. His assistant had briefly mentioned it when going over the details of the wedding portion of the ceremony, but Han had only been half listening by then. He would be expected to kiss her. How was he going to handle that? He wondered if Leia realized it would be happening. She hadn?t mentioned anything. Then again, Han wasn?t surprised at that. Leia wouldn?t face her feelings for him before and she was not about to discuss kissing him again. The first time, he had barely gotten her to agree to do it for security?s sake. Thoughts of how her lips would feel against his rushed through his mind. Those inviting lips that Han loved to watch as she spoke, simply entranced him.

Solo settled himself down. This whole business was a big deal for Leia and he couldn?t blow it now by flustering the hell out of them both minutes before she was to be crowned. She would kill him if he did that. Not that he was afraid of infuriating her ? he certainly had a lot of practice in the past with that ? but he said he would do this for her and when Leia had thanked him, she had been so sincere that Han immediately felt like he would happily do almost anything just to make her look at him like that again. As tempting as it was to take advantage of this situation where he could freely kiss her and get away with it, Solo decided that he would hold back and see this through to the end. He would do what his instincts told him was right when the time came, that?s all. Anxiously, Han hoped his instincts knew were what they were doing.

The lilting music changed and the huge doors at the rear entrance opened. Then, as if blown in gently by the breeze, a flowing figure in dazzling, glimmering white drifted through the doorway. Transfixed, Han?s jaw dropped and his heart skipped several beats at the sight. Leia was absolute

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.