main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVI Official accomodation thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Jun 2, 2011.

1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Well, this sucks.

I tried to book my room, but apparently I can't use either of my credit cards because they both expire before August 2012. Now I have to wait for my new cards to arrive before I can even do anything. [face_frustrated]

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  2. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    So you liked it then? This will me my first time staying there.

3. Photo-Knight

Photo-Knight Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 9, 2007
    Photo Knight and Cliodna ben Lhee (Andy and Cate, Cascadia Outpost / Snohomish County, WA) will be at the Rosen Centre. It was unavailable yesterday so we booked with the Embassy. It opened up again today for some reason, so I jumped in and moved.

And we'll be ten-and-a-half-month newlyweds. Woo hoo!

4. Photo-Knight

Sep 9, 2007
    Matt, are you going to repost the link to your map that showed all the hotel locations (and locations of other stuff)?
    Andy

5. JohnnyRose

JohnnyRose Jedi Knight

Jun 2, 2011
    Room for three reserved at the Rosen Centre. Going by where they had us lining up last time, that's the closest to the entrance. Now to find roommates.

6. -Commander_Thigh-

-Commander_Thigh- Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2004
    I'm hoping this happens again. =D

7. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    We tried the Peabody and Rosen for rooms, but we were told that there were none available--this was yesterday.

So, we reserved a room at the Hilton. It seems to be almost closer than the Rosen and the Peabody, I must say, though, that they are absolutely gorgeous hotels.

I hope I made a good choice. Has anyone stayed at the Hilton?

8. Photo-Knight

Sep 9, 2007
    I stayed there at C-V. Great hotel, no problems there. The problem was the walk. From the Hilton back door to the nearest corner of the convention center is actually quite close, and connected by a covered walkway. But the convention center is two large complexes, and C-V was in the other complex, not the one nearest to the Hilton.

Relative to C-V, the Hilton was too close to be on the shuttle route, but a long walk away. Still, you're on walkways the whole time, not by the street. It helped to go from the Hilton to the nearer convention building, through it (in air conditioning) and out the other side, and then on to the C-V convention building.

9. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Thank you for the information! At C5, I was staying at the Days Inn, near the pancake house down the street. I had wanted a window with some local scenery--but the walkway was right outside my window, so I was never able to open it. I'm hoping to get a good room so that I can at least open the curtains for some light. I think the Orlando area is extremely beautiful. It's hot, but that can be tolerated. I do dread, however, the 7 hour flight from the West Coast. Ughhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. JohnnyRose

JohnnyRose Jedi Knight

Jun 2, 2011
    They have rooms available through the hotel room blocks online.

11. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    Peabody for me please. From Nashville FF. Thank you.

12. Vote_Snaplaunce

Vote_Snaplaunce Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2011
    I booked at the Clarion Inn. Anybody stay there last year? I wanted the Rosen, but I'm planning out getting down to Orlando earlier in the week to go to Disney and Universal, and Clarion was the closest hotel that had rooms on Monday, 8/19. Looking at Google maps, it seems about as close as the Rosen, maybe a little farther away. Last year, I was at the Quality Inn, and the shuttle service was good, but if you had to walk back, it was a hike, especially in that heat :)

It should be good; CV was my first Celebration and it was a great time!

13. Vote_Snaplaunce

Vote_Snaplaunce Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2011
    Someone on the Rebel Scum threads had the same issue, but said he called in his reservation and they took his card even though it expired before 8/2012. Or maybe you could call your bank and have them send you a new card sooner.

14. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    Caribe Royale Villas. Same as every year. About 15 minutes from the OCCC. Was perfect during CV.

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one and thanks for the tip!

I already plan to talk to my bank on Monday, so hopefully everything will be cleared away then.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  16. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Well, after much discussion this morning, 24 hours after we asked ourselves if we could really afford to go, we've decided on the Peabody, for myself, the boy, two droids.... wait, scratch that.
    Myself, the wife (Maulfly), and her mom.
    I think the whole 'tv built into the bathroom mirrors' kinda decided it for her mom. :p

17. Jedi_Five

Jedi_Five Jedi Master star 1

Jul 23, 2010
    I stayed at Comfort Inn for Celebration V, and again for Star Wars Weekends (just two weeks ago) and I'm hoping to stay there again for Celebration VI. However, they only take reservations until May for the time being. I'll have to check again later. It is not in the rooms blocks by OnPeak. Unless they add it later. My second choice would be the Wyndham.
    I will confirm whenever it's booked! Might take a little while, but I'm not in a hurry. And since I'm not looking for hotels close to the OCCC, it is less likely they will sell out that early. To those complaining about walking in the heat... I really enjoyed the trolley ride! It was coming in sooner than the Celebration V shuttles and it had 80s music!

18. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    Difference between Rosen Centre and Rosen Plaza? Ads state both are adjacent to the convention center.

19. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    The Centre is the one closest to the convention center, bascially just on the other side of the street.

20. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Rosen Center is next to the walkway between both halves of the convention center, across the road from the front entrance to the building used last time. The Rosen Plaza is on the other side of that building to the north, a little bit further from the main entrance.

21. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    Booked at the Rosen Centre two days ago.

22. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Rosen CENTER is sold out!

23. metalinvader1982

metalinvader1982 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2007
    I'll be staying at the Econo Lodge Inn & Suite.El Cheapo!

24. JediEddy

JediEddy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2001
    Which is odd. That place is HUGE! I'm curious as to how many rooms OnePeak was granted to block out, and I'm wondering if more rooms will open up as we get closer to the Convention? Glad I got my reservation in on the first day.

25. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm pretty sure that there will be more rooms opening up. My guess is that OnePeak only takes a couple of rooms at the time, when they are sold out they expand the number of rooms. I think that when they open their "normal" reservation window, probably in August, then there will still be available rooms.