main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Official Fan Film Production Thread: "Knighthood"

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Saintheart, Nov 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Welcome, all. As you'd probably guess, I'm making another fan film.

Post all your news, queries, etc. regarding the fan film "Knighthood" to this thread. This is where I'll be putting all information, updates and so forth about the film.

For those who came in late...

THE STORY
    Padawan Markell Farrintar is facing his second Trials after failing his first one year ago. Training under Kintao Ni'shar, a Jedi Master with some experience in remedying difficulties with young Jedi, his life is forever changed when a former Padawan and friend of his, Kira Adaren, returns home with her own Master, the mysterious Ortuun...

CONTACTS
    E-mail me at thinblackline@hotmail.com, PM me, or leave a note in this thread. Alternatively, take a look at the (growing) website here and check out the contact list available there.

THE SCRIPT
    Available on request from me.

PROJECTED SHOOTING DATES
    Very tentatively set for September-October 2004.

Interested? Read on...

2. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    The first question is, of course, casting.

The following roles are available:
    Jedi Padawan (Markell Farrintar): male, 18-23 (fighting role)
    Jedi Knight (Kira Adaren): female, 18-23 (fighting role)
    Jedi Master (Kintao Ni'shar): male, 25-35 (fighting role)
    Jedi Master (Ortuun): male, 35-45

Six Dark Jedi, 18-25, male or female (fighting roles)
    Two Mercenaries, 18-30, male (small fighting roles)
    Three Jedi Masters, 28-40 (speaking role only)

Casting is at Master_Kaustin's place on Sunday, 7 December 2003 at 1:30 p.m. PM me or him for further details about the address (for privacy reasons).

No acting or martial arts experience is necessary, though either or both would be preferred. I should add that the above roles are somewhat flexible on age, and you shouldn't be put off applying for only one role. Please register your interest by PM or in this thread! :D

Casting itself will amount to a short interview, a short script reading, a group reading, and a very short evaluation as to how you move with a blade if you're applying for a fighting role.

Hope to see everyone there!

--Regards,
    Saintheart

3. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Well I'll be there for sure...Not for casting but to get my hands dirty in the visual effects department ;)

Hmmm...a cameo role as a dark jedi does sound interestin'

4. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    If you do check out the website, please bear in mind that it is still under construction and hasn't been updated for a while as I haven't had access to my computer.

Also, please ignore where it says that the role of Jedi Master Kintao Ni'shar is already taken, we have since discussed this and all roles are open to anyone interested. I just haven't had a chance to change it on the website.

5. tenacious_dee

tenacious_dee Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2002
    Finally, a new fan film in WA.

Just a few questions.
    What crew roles are available?
    How long should the film be?
    What size budget do you have in mind?

6. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    The script runs about 50 pages at the moment in good old Courier New font, so I'm estimating it to run about 50 minutes. On the other hand, there's a couple of fight scenes in it that basically amount to "they fight" :D so that figure might be out somewhat.

Budget is a little larger than my last fan film, but I'm still more or less funding this out of my own pocket, so we're not talking five figures--more like four, and hopefully very small numbers at the start of that figure, stretched over the length of the production.

In terms of crew roles, we're still working that out... :?

7. Master_Kaustin

Master_Kaustin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    Just a reminder to anyone interested Casting is this Sunday! at my house.. and more details wanted please read above posts.. or PM Me...

Yay!

8. tenacious_dee

Dec 30, 2002
    So how did the casting day go?

9. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
  10. tenacious_dee

Dec 30, 2002
    That's good.

Have any of the cast roles been finalised?

11. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Yup. We've got all except one role filled, and we've got a lead on that last person. The cast include a trained actor (for the role of Master Kintao Ni'Shar) who's also done a fair bit of stage combat. He's been generous enough to give us his time free of charge.

For the female lead we've managed to secure an u/17 fencing champion, so with any luck we'll actually have someone who looks like they actually do use Form II lightsaber combat ;)

For the male lead we've got someone on this group ;) who's had experience in fanfilms, and I've decided to take the role of Master Ortuun (because my cruel, heartless associates have dictated that I will have a part in this film or be castrated.) :D :D :D :D

12. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    :)

And we got one awsome guy who's got 15 years background in Philo martial arts. :) He looks awsome when he's fighting with two swords.

And yes. Im that actor from this group. This time Saint im changing my payments from cartons of coke to a bottle of Lindmans Chardonney (spelling?)

Dont worry buddy. It aint expensive at all...Im just to young to go buy it myself ;) MY wine collection is slowely diminishing!!!!!

13. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Just mind you don't take that stuff to Rottnest. I don't want to see my hard-earned cash literally going down the drain. :D

14. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    BaHaHaHa yea i saw that on the news hey. I didn't really care untill i saw the pig pop the top of the Sparkling Wine bottles and start letting it all go. I was almost in tears ;)

15. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    What's the world coming to? Throwing away stuff like that. Terrible! I could have had that myself :)

16. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Ah we all know it was filmed on a set. And that under the drain it all went through a series of pipes to Moe's Tavern ;)

17. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Hey hey, now that we're back on the net I'd like to know what's happening with this. We haven't heard from you for a while Saintheart. When are the rehearsals starting? Are there any other dates I need to add to the website (which I'm now going through updating). Anything else I need to know?

18. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    I've gotta give you guys a call. I think we need to meet up this weekend and talk about all these issues--I was thinking Saturday or Sunday afternoon?

I've been out of contact, it's true. Let's just say it's fudging awesome being out of the single life. :D

19. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Well CotS is on on Sunday (you better be there! we have something for you), and I think Kaustin mentioned having a catch-up the next weekend (?)... Maybe that would be better?

20. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    I wont be available for the Saturday next week (Jan 17th) so try to avoid that day iff possible.

21. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    Who said the angry munchkin was invited? :p

22. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Just letting you all know that due to annoying pop-ups with the old redirect that I was using for the Knighthood website, the address has now changed to this. Thanks.

23. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Heya,

I am trying to find some reference photos of some certain things and not having much luck doing so. I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction so that I can find them? I'm looking for:

# A message cannister
    # A glow unit
    # A target sphere
    # RotJ handcuffs
    # Jedi belts and pouches

Thanks in advance.

24. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
  25. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001