main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL* Hyperspace discussion thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by stinrab, Jun 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    The pics were truly amazing. :-B

Each time something like this is released, it only makes me more excited about the movie. :D

2. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Ok... I think this needs it's own thread...

3. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    Mustafar looks like the coolest planet ever! That sunset pic, and lava waterfalls just look awesome! And i have to agree with everything that rebelscum said. Did anyone see the trailer coming soon pic of Anakin also? He looks so BAD I love it when he wears the hood! This is seriously going to be the best movie of all time! I feel bad for the idiots who have already made up their minds to hate it.. they will be lying to themselves!

4. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    If you look at the droid feature in the new Insider suppliment, you can see one of the droids from Mygeeto. So I guess that idea's still in the movie.

5. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    New BTH is fairly cool, I'm actually glad the theatre number looks pretty good.

Unfortunately, it's all pointless with the trailer arriving in just a few hours. :D

6. leelee

Jan 4, 2003
    Yeah that was a really cool BTH! But the trailer is so close.. and this scene looks incredible.. the coverstion between palps and anakin is going to be amazing

7. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Lost in all the shuffle about the new OS look, the extra-large teaser trailer and Clone Wars Chapter 21 was a new Art of Revenge and 3 pages from the Art of ROTS.

The new AOR is really cool, we finally get to see what the entire Tantive IV looks like, instead of just its rear end!

I'd stay away from the Art of ROTS pdf files, especially the first page because of something fairly spoilerific it mentions.

8. obi_wan_kanathan

May 10, 2001
    There's a new Art of Revenge up. It's not too amazing, but it's neat to see just how much larger the Tantive IV is compared to Grievious' ship.

The interesting update is the preview of The Art of Star Wars book for ROTS. It's a lot less spoilerish then the Making of ROTS book preview they had a few weeks ago, but there are still one or two spoilers. However, it's nothing you can't figure out from the trailer. If you want to avoid them, just don't read the top captions on the second and third PDF files.

EDIT: Well, looks like Garth beat me to it. :p

And what's spoilerish about the first page? Unless I'm missing something, all it talked about was creating the creatures of Mustafar and Mygeeto. :confused:

9. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    It has to do with Obi-Wan and something he has to do.

By the way, I believe they are using Grievous' personal starfighter as scale for the Tantive IV.

I can't believe the Invisible Hand would be that small compared to a frigate or whatever the Tantive is.

10. obi_wan_kanathan

May 10, 2001
    Yeah, that's his starfighter. The Invisible hand is probably bigger then the Tantive IV.

I'm still not sure what you mean about the first page being spoilerish, but I guess it's a good thing. ;)

11. leelee

Jan 4, 2003
    New BTH, more wookiees (chewie and tarfful). It is a cool pic, but to be honest I'm just kind of sick of the wookiees... they're overrated

12. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    yeah, it seems obvious they've run out of cool BTHs to show us. Since the trailer blew us all away, they've been skimping on the HS and OS goods. :D

13. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Oh no. Latest post note is about...Boss Nass and Jar-Jar. Way to take the wind out of my sails.

Return of the Gungans...

The Art of Revenge is cool, though. Palpatine's office under the Senate where he rises in his podium. I'm going to guess that he and Yoda are fighting in here, then they rise up into the Senate chambers somehow.

14. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Oh come on. I'm tired if hearing these anti-gungantic statements from u purists. Jar Jar is cool. Boss Nass is cool. The fact that they would bother to bring back characters from TPM like Sio Bibble and Boss Noss is impressive. Now al lthey need is Ric Olie and Panaka and we'll be set. :)

15. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    They were only mentioned in one tiny bit... sheesh. Overall very cool post notes, I always enjoy them. It's just crazy that they have so few shots left, I remember when there were well over 1000, even 2000. And it was nice of Pabs to not give too much away when describing certain shots. And that is VERY interesting about Palps and the senate.

16. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Man, sounds like Utapau is going to be one of the coolest mini-plots in ROTS.

I can't wait to see these sinkhole cities and Grievous' bike.

Anyone else notice the body apparently trapped in a force field similar to Obi-Wan's in AOTC in the right side of Palp's basement office?

That's a cool set, I hope we get to see it.

17. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I think Grievous is going to be a lot of fun.

That shot of Wookiee snipers up on a tree branch sounds fantastic as well.

18. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    The new KV is better than most. Lots of things to look at. Anakin's piloting a Trade Federation Cruiser into the atmosphere. Is this post-Dooku? And if I'm not mistaken Anakin is only wearing the top half of his Jedi robes. :p

19. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    It's Anakin's stand in, I think.

Too much detail in the description. I'd rather have had the photos without the specifics of what exactly is going on with dialogue included. It's like they don't even care about spoilers anymore.

20. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Yeah, it might be time to stay away from the OS. You think that photo caption is bad, it's a good thing you didn't download the Making of ROTS final chapter. Uber-spoilers!

Of course, I didn't think the caption was that bad - it could certainly be implied from some of the photos we've seen over the past 6 months.

Anyway, this scene should be cool. We haven't really seen much crazy piloting a la Han Solo in the PT. :D

It's hard to believe we've suffered through 43 Knollvisions.

21. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    I totally agree with Garth Maul...STAY AWAY from 'Making of ROTS: Final Chapter'.

I'm a big spoiler-hound from the 3SA...I've even listened to the audio novel.
    But, there were things in that Hyperspace feature that I didn't even know about.

There are worse spoilers in that document than just about anything I've read from any 'insiders'.

22. leelee

Jan 4, 2003
    New webdoc, and BTH!! The BTH is really cool, and I am downloading the webdoc now! The webdoc is all about Anakin!!! [face_love]

23. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    My favorite part about the webdoc was the music. They picked out some of my favorite pieces, some good dark and sad ones. There was a little too much fawning over how 'great' Hayden Christensen is, but overall an interesting piece.

Funny how they just keep recycling the same duel film and rehearsal footage over and over again. That's a good thing, I want them to keep most of it for a surprise in the film.

24. leelee

Jan 4, 2003
    Gosh I just love Hayden! (sorry storm, more gushing) But it was a great webdoc, I loved hearing all of the commentary surrounding Anakin and his fall. Great stuff!

25. Forcefire

Forcefire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 17, 2000
    My favorite part of the webdoc was watching George talk with Hayden about the part. Always neat to see a director directing. That and Ian McDiarmid's comments on Anakin, considering how pivotal their interaction is sure to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.