main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq [Official Mos Alba Event] - Bubonicon 37

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by BrotherHalo, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    I thought I would start a new thread on this since the other threads have seemed to dissolve into off-topic banter.

Bubonicon 37 - August 26-28

These are the things that I am organizing for Bubonicon:
  2. Silent Auction on Star Wars signs/store paraphenelia
  3. Raffle prize
  4. Items for sale for the dealer table
  5. Fan Film list

6. These are the things I am looking at us needing:
  7. Prizes for raffle - donations needed
  8. Items to sell - personal or otherwise
  9. Suggestions for Fan Films - I've already started compiling a list, too
  10. Table Workers

11. I need to create a rough schedule for people to work the table. We need at least one person at the table at all times, preferrably two so that the one person won't get bored.

We will again also sell items at the table - personal or otherwise. Just like last year, if you want to sell personal items, make sure you bring change for customers, and can also make sure you label your items as your items so that they won't go getting mixed up with others' stuff or Mos Alba items.

Paying for the table and memberships blanked out our "purse" guys, so if anyone wants to come up with suggestions for raising funds, pipe up. I have suggested that the raffle proceeds and the silent auction proceeds go to Toys for Tots this year.

Please keep this thread on topic - all social Bubonicon conversations can take place over here or here.

12. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    I'll help in any way you need. Just tell me when and where and what to bring. Toys for tots is a totally wizard charity, they do a great job. I'm sure I have some stuff we can raffle off, maybe my kids the way they're being today.

13. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    a suggestion on the selling our own goods: it didn't really do well last year at all so don't bring too much stuff. People were more interested in talking to us about the group, star wars and so on. We had a few people that were turned off on the fact that we were a fan group who was selling stuff as well... we sold stuff when we let people know that the money was going to a charity except the shirts.

i still have the time off - if you need a person I will try and be there but I will purchase my own pass - if I can afford it - since I want to actually do stuff this time. Since I will be at the con most of the time, I will leave my cell and those that need potty breaks and so on.

another suggestion for the people working the table: There was really no quick place to go and grab food from. I think this year, we need to make sure that the people working can always get food and drinks. Maybe since some people will have rooms there we can have a cooler with sandwiches and soda in there so that the people working can go and grab some food? It will help save on costs as well.

by the way, I have opened my house to some of the people in Denver for them to stay at if they come down. I have space for about 4 - 5 people that we can crowd into my house.

14. cyndilt76

cyndilt76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    someone just let me know what to do-- i can work the table-- i like talking to people...

hopefully i will be done with my armor, so hopefully i can troop too!

15. Darkmood

Darkmood Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2004
    I will be attempting to go this year. If you guys don't mind that is.

And if there is anything I could do should I be able to go I would gladly help out.

16. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    That'd be great, man! Bring down anyone else you can, too!

17. Jawamom

Jawamom Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2005
    Ok remember, patience to the internet/board illiterate. I will happily help cover the table as well as supply food for the troops (as well as most hungry Jawas). I will also be happy to donate either a chair massage or table work as part of the raffle (Paid my way through college that way). Should you want to sell chair massage at the booth for a $1 a minute that could work too. You have all also inspired me to buy armor (Storm trooper or Clone Trooper...that is the question?)

18. black_8ight

black_8ight Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2004
    Looking forward to seeing you Darkmood [face_devil]

Bob, I'll have a few things for the sale and maybe I can scrounge up some stuff for auction. I can work the table anytime you need me.

19. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    I tell you Jawamom it is crazy to get bit by the costume bug but it is a blast. I said I would never put on a costume. I have two well worth it.

20. Jawamom

Jawamom Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2005
    Yes but am I being selfish to want to buy both a clone for me and a storm for Don?[face_worried]

21. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    never!

I have some things I am going to scrounge together to sell but the money will go towards the fan film...

22. Jerahl

Jerahl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2004
    I can cover the table if need be..
    And I think it would be cool since we have al whole lot more troopers this time is to do what we did at the DvD release. Charge like $1 for a pic with the troopers and give the proceeds to CMN or some other charity.

23. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    Bob,
    I'm also available to work the table. I have asked for Friday afternoon off and I'm off Sat/Sun as well.

24. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Yeah!!! Glad you got bitten by the armor bug!

I think the massage thing would be good...my only concern would be room for it. Last year it was pretty cramped in the "room" that we had...but maybe they'll let us do something in the lobby or elsewhere...as long as it's for a good cause!

M

25. Darkmood

Darkmood Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2004
    Decisions, decisions! LOL

If movie accuracy is your thing, just keep in mind that it is VERY hard to find a good set of Clone armor that isn't priced upwards of $1000. Even the standard Stormtrooper armor most 501st members use is FAR from accurate. The accurate stuff routinely goes for around $1200. If you can find it. Just $.02 from an anal retentive accuracy person. LOL (NEVER SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN INTO COSTUMING! BLAST!!!!)

I really hope I can get down there to join you guys though! -=crosses fingers=-

26. Norvon

Norvon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    I'm planning to be up there this year. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

27. Andromeda13

Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2005
    I'm sure we could come up with something to donate for the raffle.

28. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003

Where are you from Norvon?

Jess

29. StarLeia

StarLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2005
    I'll be there!!

I'm busting my behind to get my Slave Leia done for this!! It will be the first time that I will be wearing it! I am excited!

30. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    You can do it, even if it kills greg in the process, heck he's almost there.

31. StarLeia

StarLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Dave, you're too funny!!!

But, I don't want to kill Greg, especially since I need his help and intelligence. We are almost done.

32. Norvon

Norvon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    I live in Alamogordo.

TC4380

33. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Alright! Another Alamogordoan! I assume you've already checked out the Southern New Mexico FanForce?

Yup, just checked that you did!

34. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    Now that I know I'm not going to Denver, I can finally say for sure that I'll be there for whatever the group needs: manning the table, assisting in the putting on of costumes, Unofficial Unofficial Suite Door Greeter, you name it! Just say the word... ;)

35. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.