main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official News Of the Day Thread -African National Congress

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Ender Sai, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    *shakes head*

People...

2. foofaspoon

foofaspoon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 1999
    This was fantastic news - thank you Ireland. Of course, this won't do anything more than slow down the EU, after all, the very concept of 'democracy' is alien to the very core of this organisation.

3. DarthKarde

DarthKarde Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    The treaty would have reduced Irish influence in the EU. There people therefore rejected it.

This shouldn't surprise anyone. The Irish support the EU because it has benefited them and they don't want that to change.

4. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    This is interesting news. President George Bush has removed former South African president Nelson Mandela and his African National Congress (ANC) from the US terror watch list.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/mandela-finally-dropped-from-terror-list/2008/07/02/1214678070000.html

When you consider the history of the ANC and its violent (terrorist) struggle against apartheid in South Africa, particularly Umkhonto we Sizwe(MK)its 'military' wing, I have to draw some parallels to Hamas and what is going on in Gaza and the West Bank. The term 'apartheid' is being used more and more to reflect Israeli government policy, particularly in relation to the 'security' wall and government policies concerning access to land, education and welfare.

I wonder if Khaled Mashaal or Ismail Haniyeh will ever make similar headlines one day. I hope so.

5. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Perhaps they first need to be put in prison for 27 years...

Nkosi Sikelele IPalestina!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.