main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official **NON-SPOILERS** AOTC music discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Sithman, Aug 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Yet, Jango's still mysterious. Hopefully JW will take his (Boba/Jango's) theme both ways- subtle and quiet (as in TESB) and action packed and stirring. :)

2. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I agree with Sithman. Actually, we've never heard the Fett theme like a real action mosic, have we? Just subtle, creepy, in the shadows... :D I think it should be used in both "versions" in AOTC. :)

3. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Fett rocks... Boba or Jango... :D And yeah it would be interesting to hear a more upbeat action version of Boba Fett's motif.

4. Coolguy4522

Coolguy4522 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    I don't want DOTF to be in AOTC. That is all I ask.

5. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    This is a 'discussion' forum, care to tell us why you're so against it?

6. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    I think it could be used... at least as a subtle hint. I'd like to hear it more in Episode III - it would really fulfill its title there - "Duel Of The Fates". The circle will be complete - in TPM, Obi-Wan lost his Master in a fight; in Ep.III in a similar fight he will lose his apprentice. [face_devil] :D :D

7. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Yah, if they used it in EpIII for the Obi/Anakin fight, it'd be even MORE of a duel of the fates. The fate of the galaxy, in fact.

8. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Definitely. :)

9. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    ::looks around:: Where is everybody? ?[face_plain] :(

10. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    ::peeks in:: Is this thing dead or what???

11. Darth_Potter

Darth_Potter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2001
    nope. im still here

12. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Well, it's not gonna get much attention 'till spring or at least January when JW starts scoring AOTC. And since that whole Celion Dion thing was in a new thread, this one stayed down.

13. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    You got a point there, Sithman... :p

14. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    About the sabre battle music..

Would anyone else like to see the alternate Dune Sea Battle music used for Anakin and Obi-Wan vs. the Episode II Sith Lord? It's rather moody music, but still quite fast paced..rather suited to the Episode II sabre battle, IMO.

15. Darth_Potter

Darth_Potter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2001
    only new music, no old

16. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    I agree. There should be definitely new music for the lightsaber battle.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I think DoTF will be used like the Force and Yoda themes. We'll hear snippets of it every now and then.

Judging by the trailers there will be another Sith/Jedi battle but the scene doesn't look like Dotf would fit. I think JW will have other music for these fighting scenes.

New scores

New sith

new Anakin theme

Love theme

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    I highly doubt you will here DOTF in AOTC. I have no proof, but I think Lucas will save it for the EpIII duel between Obi and Anakin.

We do know for sure that it will be used in EpIII because Lucas said something like when he first heard it, he said, "I dont know how Johnny did it, but he just scored the last 5 minutes of EpIII".

Of course things will change, but I dont think it will be used in EpII. The Dooku vs. Anakin/Obi will be alot more slower from what we have heard. DOTF is a little more high tempo, so dont expect to hear it in EpII. And thats a good thing too...lets get some new JW music to listen too! :)

19. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    I think DOTF will be used in AOTC, but not as a major theme, probably just a hint in an overall theme. If its used that way it would be cool , however, I don't think Williams should include it as a separate theme.

20. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Well, I just got the TPM DVD for Christmas and on it GL mentions how DOTF is a great song that foreshadows the ultimate duel of Obi-Wan's and Anakin's fates in EpIII where JW will bring it back. Yes, he said that. :D

YAY!

21. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Cool! It will be so awesome to have it as the theme for the Obi/Anakin battle in Ep.III. :D

But I think it could be used in AOTC. Just a very subtle hint - something like Palpy's theme in TPM. [face_devil] :D Very cool!

22. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Hmmm, well, if DOTF is not used in the context of like Anakin and Obi-Wan fighting or----- WAIT A SECOND!

Hmmmmm, wouldn't it be cool to be used if/when Obi and Anakin argue? I mean, they don't seem to have the smoothest relationship, and you could have little hints of it if they argue, symbolizing their "dueling fates".
    oooooOOOOOoooooo

23. yodaman

yodaman Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 26, 1999
    Personally I think we've seen the last of DOTF. I'm sure Lucas would like something similar to it in episode III, but I think Williams could and should come up with something different.

24. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    In Ep.III: A darker, grander, more awesome DOTF!!! [face_devil] :D Johnny will surely come up with something like that! ;)

25. GasCabbie

GasCabbie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 28, 2001
    The point of themes is they come back to drive home major points. I agree that we've heard the last of DotF like we heard it in TPM, but I'm almost expecting (although that's a bad thing to do with these movies) a version of DotF similar in sound to the big duel in RotJ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.