main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary *OFFICIAL* Senator Theatre - Midnight Screening

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Since the Senator Theatre has announced they will be getting Ep3, I'm starting a new thread for those attending the Senator Theatre for their midnight screening. The other Senator thread was more of a place for discussion of whether or not the theatre was getting the movie. Those attending can use this thread to plan when they're getting tickets and to organize their line before the movie.

They will start selling tickets on Saturday, May 7 from 10am to 10pm. Then starting Sunday, May 8, the box office will be open 12 noon to 8pm daily. There is an 8 ticket per-person limit for the 12:01am showing. Tickets are $8.

There is more information regarding tickets and camping out here.

2. Harth_Cabal

Harth_Cabal Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2004
    Thanks, Mogook!

Don't know if anyone is there yet, or no. Didn't have time to check this morning. :(
    Will try a 'fly-by' this evening on my way home & post an update.

Earliest I can be there myself is Friday evening (5-ish).
    Our line champion, Sirrah is in Deutschland until next Wed. :(

3. rooter

rooter Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    im going to try and get tickets... i cant get there till like 11PM friday night though :( trying to organize some people to possibly get there earlier

4. Shodan

Shodan Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    I posted this at the official Senator forum, but it bears repeating: Just by talking to the right people in the right place at the right time, I've been able to be part of both 12:01 a.m. shows (TPM and AOTC) at the Senator without any waiting. Because both experiences were so nuts, I'm fully prepared to pay my dues this time.

I'm in the same boat as Harth. I have class in College Park until 4-ish Friday, but I can get there anytime after that. I've got finals to write and junk, so it'll be a constructive wait.

5. rooter

rooter Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    maybe we'll get lucky and the short notice will keep some people from knowing they are going on sale :p

6. kb0728

kb0728 Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    HELP! I am desperate to go to the 12:01 show at the Senator, but I'll be out of town until Saturday morning. Can anyone help a fellow fan out with tix? I need 3 (but could live with 2 if it came down to it).

I've never missed a midnight show at the Senator, and I really don't want to start now.

PLEASE HELP!!

7. Holocron1

Holocron1 Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2002
    Hi all, I have 1 unspoken for ticket. Im trying to get up there this afternoon. I may help you out if you come up and ask :) Cant make any promises it may go quick.

If I cant help there may still be hope, come up and mingle.

Im kenny, may have tent.

8. rooter

rooter Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    well if there are 900 seats and 8 per person then that means at least 112 people have to be lined up and im sure not everyone is going to buy 8 tickets and im sure that many people wont be there super fast... i hope

9. Jedimaster_Paul

Jedimaster_Paul Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2005
    Hi folks -

I heading up to the Senator sometime Saturday morning and will take my chances then.

If I remember correctly there were still 1201 tix available for the Clones showing when I got to the window - I just passed on them :)

I'd say demand for this movie is more than for Clones, but many folks will have already made plans to see it elsewhere, so all bets are off.

I will say that there was nothing about this in the paper today, just on the website and through ther mailing list.

I'll probably send my nephew up there very early to secure a spot in line, then relieve him between 8:30 and 9 (I have 2 small kids I have to drop off somewhere first)

Between the two of us we are only looking for 4 tickets, so if anyone wants a ticket but can't make the ticket line, I'd be willing to try and get one for you.

jedimasterpaul AT msn.com

10. rooter

rooter Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    so did anyone stop by and see what kind of crowd is there?

im planning on going up tomorrow evening and it'd be good to get an idea.

11. Shodan

Shodan Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    As of afternoonish yesterday (5/5), there were apparently already 3 guys camped out. I'm sure the number has swollen somewhat by now, but I don't imagine it having done so by too much.

12. Harth_Cabal

May 27, 2004
    Just went by at 7:45am
    4 Tents
    Depending on who you watch for weather, the forecast may keep all but the most hardy/hardcore away until late night/early morning. Showers, windy & dropping to low 40's tonight. I'll be there around 5pm. ;)

I'm already maxed out for 8 tickets, but stop by & say hi! I'll be wearing my black Vader sweatshirt (I copied the artwork from original soundtrack, Unless it's raining, in which case I'll have donned my olive drab army jacket...

Well, okay, more noticeable is probably the fact that I'll probably be the only guy there with hair that goes halfway down my back. :p

Should be there with my nephew, who has red locks to his shoulders (a family thing? No, not really. We're the exceptions... in more ways than 1 ;) ).

13. Jedimaster_Paul

Apr 19, 2005
    There were about 25 folks there this morning at around 11am. I'm sending my nephews there around 6pm to get the spot in line, then I'll relieve one of them this evening to spend the night.

Between the three of us, we are only getting three tickets - 1 each! :)

see you there!

14. Takwolf

Takwolf Jedi Master star 2

May 9, 2002
    Well I had a blast, I got to be the unoffical bouncer for the drunks at 2 am, And when Tom opened the theater for all the people in line to come in out of the cold, I was in the projecter room chasing drunks out. lol but I had a great time, I put a MD FanForce poster Board on my tent and guess who I got to meet. orangful :).
    12.01 sold out in 1/2 hour so I am glad I stayed the night.

Next Stop "The Movie Line"

Tak

15. rooter

rooter Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    yeah it was a blast, i didnt expect to be let in, Tom is a cool guy and it was certainly an interesting night o_O

In the morning I was #42 but nobody seemed to be following the order so I wound up being like 15th :p Good since I had work right after I left.

16. Harth_Cabal

May 27, 2004
    This line was an... Experience.

First of all, I'd like to thank Tom Kiefaber, again, for his hospitality & generosity.

He did indeed open the Senator doors for all of us shivering lunatics at around 1am. He offered free sodas & popcorn from the concession stand.
    He played various & sundry videos all night & into the morning to entertain us (although, I must admit, it meant I got cat naps rather than any real sleep - the sound system is something else. I recall a music video from a local group, Telesma - Interesting fusion of rock and middle eastern sounds. Bits of a Peter Gabriel concert, a Neil Young concert with Jawas roaming the stage, episodes of R2-D2 Beneath the Dome, SW Revelations, & an interesting movie depicting various scenes from around the world which I didn't catch the title).
    In the morning he provided orange juice & the local bagel shop provided bagels.

And, true to form, most fans were friendly, helpful & supportive of their fellow fans. There were familiar faces, new people & the opportunity to get acquanted with all. :)

Yet, as always, the "Dark Side" made it presence known. :(
    Aside from the usual, expected, malcontents that drove by shouting anything from the inane to obscenities, mocked us by pretending to be overzealous fans or preferred to throw objects like ice cubes at us (Boy, did they got a shock when they got caught in traffic at the next street light;) ), there were those among us who in spite of all the good will and communal spirit apparently took opportunities to violate the honor system of their proper place in line (despite our friend, Lizzy's best efforts to keep things organized) and others became inebriated, annoying, even beligerent. This behavior nearly resulted in a brawl outside and did apparently result in damage to Senator property (namely, the life-size Han Solo in Carbonite on display). :(

Still, the overall experience was quite positive. :)

I too saw Orangeful, and must admit I'm embarrassed that could not for the life of me recall her name. :(

Takwolf, what was your "group number"? We were 9th. We had the black/orange SW logo blanket from Target on top of our tent.

Which, returning to the "inane comments" previously mentioned, made the experience slightly surreal as people constantly pulled up to the curb in from of us to ask why we were there... After a while, we had some fun with our answers. Thanks to all who contributed responses (Rob, Jenn, Shannon, John, et al). Goonies 2, Shortcircuit 3, Gone with the Wind Extended Edition (or NC-17 edition), 3 Men & A Baby 5, etc... Yes, we were actually asked *many* times. The large logo and the abundance of SW apparel, lightsabers didn't give these people any clues. Go figure. ;)

Hope to have my photos online later today.

17. C_3PO

C_3PO Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2001
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CRAP CRAP CRAP ON A CRUTCH!!!! I have been waiting for this moment since I finally left the line with my AOTC tickets 3 years ago!!! AND I MISSED IT!!! I signed up on the Senator's exclusive mailing list for the sole purpose of camping out in line and seeing it there at 12:01 opening day!!!! But I never got the email!!! WHY GOD WHY?! I check this board one day too late and it cost me more than I could imagine! This couldnt suck any worse. Now i have NO TICKETS to ROTS because I was so faithfully waiting to hear the good word from the Senator. Is it official that there are NO tickets to the mignight screening left?? I get out of work at 6 and will drive straight there if there are any left. If anyone has any info please help. Also will there be camping out the night before the premiere? If so does any body have one or hopefully 2 tickets for the 12:01 that I could buy off of? Please help a wounded Star Wars at the Senator Veteran not live the rest of his life with the guilt of missing the last movie where it belonged or even when it first premieres.

18. Jedimaster_Paul

Apr 19, 2005
    We were group #24, in front of the bank. I actually lucked out and was able to park my van on the street exactly in front of where we were sitting. Easy when it came time to stash my stuff.

Tom Keifaber is awesome - don't know what else to say. I had no intention of doing the midnight thing anywhere else, so I'm glad that he got the film and that I will have the opportunity to see the film inthe company of my fellow Star Wars maniacs at the Senator. :)

I did ask Tom about the t-shirts, and they will be having Senator Episode 3 shirts.

Those drunks/stoners were pretty annoying - and that weirdo running around barefoot was something to behold. Hope I don't end up near them in the movie theater.

19. PaSco

PaSco Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 22, 2004
    I'M BAAAAACK! Thank the maker! I found a way to juggle everything. I was group 37 at the Senator for the line. I was one of the one's in the back of the theater that was watching Empire. Tom is the coolest person I've ever known. What he did for us all is the reason why I go to the Senator. Who else would let the people waiting in line go inside, and not only show movies/music, but offer soda and popcorn!

20. Jedimaster_Paul

Apr 19, 2005
    I did hear someone watching a Star Wars flick in the background.

I liked the Peter Gabriel concert, but I couldn't stand Neil Young.

Revelations was OK I guess, but maybe I would have liked it better if I could have understood the dialogue.

I also forgot to thanks for young lady from the front of the line who was taking down the group names and handing out the numbers. I believe her efforts helped a lot.

I did notice a few people I had not seen before once I went back outside, but nothing significant.

21. Harth_Cabal

May 27, 2004
    PaSco: So that's who was watching Empire! :)
    I recall the 1st run of music videos Tom showed, ending & suddenly hearing, "Artoo says their chances of survival are 725 to 1." I was thinking (Right before I passed out the 1st time), "Yes, thank goodness Tom let us in before they closed the blast doors."

Jedimaster_Paul: The young lady is Lizzy. She keeps busy all right. Kiefaber discussed the plan to let us come inside with her.
    I believe, she was also trying to drive off those obnoxious "anti-fans" that insisted on hi-5's from everyone around 1 a.m. when they clashed with inebriated fans, etc.
    The Sun paper also interviewed her. She's also proposed an idea to help Tom with repair/replacement of the damaged Han by asking the midnight show-goers to donate $1 each. Discussion being held at the Senator board

Oh, my Line photos are finally online if anyone is interested.

22. Takwolf

Takwolf Jedi Master star 2

May 9, 2002
    That Lizzy is a gem.
    I was #18, in front of the drunken fans group. You probably remember I was the big guy with the "Imperial Domination" t-shirt that helped lizzy during the whole "High-five" guy"/ "I'm from NY, Say it" incident as we slowly forced the group up the street and witched them piled in to a cab.

I was part of the drum circle that took the stage (lol my hand still hurts)

I also was there when Lizzy pulled up the drunken fan to tell him he was no longer ?welcome? to the senator at the opening. :) Believe it or not he clams he doesn?t remember anything. I ended the night at around 8 am as I fell asleep during ?Yellow Submarine? (man that movie was stranger then I remembered as a kid)
    I woke up franticly to an empty theater at 9:30 am and rushed to break down my tent and get in line (thanks Lizzy for the number Idea)

I will be in the movie line early on the 18th around noon.

I took some pics also and hope to have them on-line soon.

Tak

23. Harth_Cabal

May 27, 2004
    C_3PO: Can't make any promises, but I believe my nephew bought 2 'extras' (I was maxed-out @ 8). I've e-mailed him to see if he still has them.

Tak: Thank you for backing her up! :)
    She's a close friend of the family.
    I must've been carrying stuff into the theater during the hi-5 incident & didn't know she was going to confront the drunk or I would've stayed as well. :(

24. erinwomack

erinwomack Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2005
    If anybody has an extra ticket, I am down on my hands and knees BEGGING. I will pay ANY price. I couldn't make it to the line because I had the work, and didn't get the e-mail that I know some people also mentioned not receiving. One thing after the other and now I have no tickets.

PLEASE, PLEASE, if anyone could contact me as soon as possible! I have been all over the Senator message board trying to track some down to no avail.

MTFBWY
    Erin
    plasticsnowcone@hotmail.com

25. AkanahSkywalker

AkanahSkywalker Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2005
    anyone else not have a ticket and desperately need one? I believe I have three that are unclaimed. message me on aim firegirl440

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.