main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Introductory shorts? That is interesting. It really shows that they are putting a lot of effort into promoting the show.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Introductory shorts huh? Are these link interviews, video bios, or will the be an actual short adventure?

Revanfan1 likes this.
  3. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    These wouldn't just be the intro videos we've already seen, just broadcast on television, would they?

I'm guessing no, but the thought does occur to me.

edit: Also, I recall last year reading that we'd see character intros airing, but they were said, I believe, to be scheduled to begin showing up sporadically during the summer months. Could they be these, only coming early for some reason?

Revanfan1 likes this.
  4. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Those were only a minute and a half or so. These are supposed to be five minutes, yeah?

5. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    That's true.

You know what would be cool? If these were not just glamor shots of whichever character with a voice-over saying "Kanan, the Cowboy Jedi," or whatever, but actual little "episodes" which depict an adventure, kind of like Genndy's Clone Wars shorts, only showing scenes which give us an idea of where the characters come from and what they were up to immediately prior to the pilot episode of the series.

6. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    That's what I'm hoping for. I'm not expecting it. But I'm hoping. It really would be quite cool.

7. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  8. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Whatever happened to the supposed Vader shorts?

9. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    Vader doesn't have any shorts as far as I know.

Darth Valkyrus and V-2 like this.
  10. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
    Well, I guess this confirms it :D. I hope this will be new material, not introductory videos we have already seen.

According to this schedule, those programs, or whatever it is, will be aired eight times on XD (an will last c. 5 minutes) and twice on Channel, but will last c. 25 minutes. I wonder, maybe they'll show not only crew of the "Ghost", but also someone else? I'd like to finally know Inquisitor's name.

http://www.teleman.pl/program-tv/stacje/Disney-Channel?date=2014-05-04

11. Erik_B

Erik_B Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 11, 2014

[​IMG]

12. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Ok, with the morning I've been having I needed a good laugh. This did it.

13. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
  14. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Did they stick a clip of Rebels at the end of the "No Mo EU" video?

15. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    No, that's one of the SWTOR trailers.

16. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Ah, okay, I thought maybe they were ending it with a tease or a look forward of what's to come. :p

17. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Hera certainly looks appealing in that cover.

It could be a fun book. It looks way better than that Ezra/Boosk one.

18. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    Is there a timeframe for Rebels' release yet? And has it been revealed, will it be done in short arcs/one offs like The Clone Wars, or more like Young Justice/Spectacular Spider-Man and have ongoing storylines that continue through the episodes?

19. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    This build up is all rather exciting/interesting. Do you think Rebels might even have some links/characters/references to the new ST (despite the timegap)?

Senator Kelberry and Revanfan1 like this.
  20. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Simon Kinberg, one of Rebels' showrunners, is listed as a "creative consultant" to Episode VII.

Rebels is now part of the "One Universe" so it's probable that it will not contradict the ST and vice-versa. Whether or not there will be things introduced in Rebels that show up three IU decades later depends entirely on what ground Rebels will cover.

21. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    I can't wait for rebels. So is it confirmed for the first episode on Disney May the 4th?

22. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  23. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    That's a good thing. I hope this show is successful.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  24. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    Yeah, all The Clone Wars got was a theatrical film and five adult tie in novels.

podjazd, Trebor Sabreon and Revanfan1 like this.
  25. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    John Jackson Miller did alright by me with Kenobi (hey anakinfansince1983, 'ya read that one yet?). I really enjoyed what he did with my beloved Obi-Wan, and I find myself now looking forward to seeing what he does here (in fact, I'm looking very much towards each of these first four books to be released under the new "single canon").

The description for A New Dawn mentions that the book will fill us in on how Kanan and Hera met, so a big win just for that, alone.

p.s. - I'm really digging the near-live action look of both Kanan and Hera here. I think Kanan in particular looks much better rendered like this than he does in his sort of pedestrian Rebels character model (weird how just giving the same outfit/look a live action appearance can really benefit it like that, but I really think it does.)

Incidentally, this only serves to further strengthen my conviction that the Rebels action figures should be both super-articulated, and realistic (the ones we're getting -- at least at first -- are neither. C'mon Hasbro!). :)