main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Not bad, it looks like they have licenssee looking at this stuff already. I wonder if there is going to be novel, comic book tie-ins with the new series. It would be great if they did. The other thing is, is the new show strictly clocking in at 30 minutes? Or 20 something for commercials? Interesting

2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Coleman directing, eh? [face_thinking]

3. MN_JEDI

MN_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2003
    It's good to know that the series is well on its way. Lookin forward to it.

4. harrison13

harrison13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2004
    I imagine this shows characters will look like the characters from the movie unlike the previous series, even though I really liked that one. Will these character look as real as they did from the episode 3 video game? I mean if these guys look like Hayden and Ewan exactly we are in for a real treat. Also if this series does well, will we see a similar series post ROTJ? I REALLY hope so.

5. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I would expect that the characters will look and sound like the characters/actors in the same way that the Clone Wars characters do - i.e., recognizably Obi-Wan, Anakin, Mace, Dooku, Palpatine, but not EXACTLY the same.

If this series does well, the sky's the limit - many people thought the Clone Wars shorts were more exciting and more true to the "spirit" of Star Wars than the PT.

I'd personally love to see a KOTOR-era CGI animated series.

6. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    when is the predicted starting air date for the series?

7. DarthWolvo23

DarthWolvo23 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    I believe we have the following schedule to look forward to...

2007 DVD Box Set
    2008 Clone Wars 3D
    2009 Live Action Show (The Dark Times???)

8. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    2009 the live action series is released? Well Lucas said he was gonna shoot the entire first season so if it premieres in 2009, we might get production sometime in 2008.

9. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    First look at Yoda from the Series?

[image=http://thejawa.com/nuke/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/toyfair/normal_eDSC_0010.JPG]

[image=http://www.galactichunter.com/gallery/albums/toyfair2007/hasbropreview/DSCN0595.JPG]

10. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    :eek:

(He kinda looks like ET... :p )

11. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    Where did THAT come from!? If that really is what Yoda will look like, I LIKE IT!

12. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    They're pictures from the 2007 US Toy Fair.

13. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Pretty sweet.

That's got to be the first pic of any kind of animation from the Animated Series.

Well done. =D=

I also note they show Boba Fett for the live action series. =D=

14. hanimal

hanimal Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2000
    Finally, Something!

15. Lavaman

Lavaman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2003

The world must be ending! They actually released an image from the 3D Animated Series?!:eek: 8-}

Looks good, but I was expecting the Animation to be a little more realistic, after Rob Coleman's comments about it being far better than any CG Animation on TV. Still, I like the look. This Yoda actually looks a lot like Tartakovsky's Yoda, only in 3D CGI.:) It looks like they are using Tartakovsky's Clone Wars Series as the model for the new Animated Series.[face_thinking]

16. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    where are they going with the boba fett image for the live action series? a hint at content, or a simple marketing ploy?

17. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Well IIRC, the term "think bounty hunter" was used by Sansweet or McCallum in reference to the live action series, and we all instantly thought "Boba Fett" anyway. So maybe it was an elaborate double-bluff or something :p

I've got to say, I'm in two minds about that Yoda pic. I'll end up loving whatever style they use, I know, but that's a little... unexpected, s'all. o_O I'm trying to mentally apply that style to human characters and my brain can't do it.

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

18. DarthWolvo23

DarthWolvo23 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    I can't believe it...for the first time in 2 years...its almost like Star Wars spoilers again...yes!

19. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Yoda does look like the Clone Wars cartoon version. I wouldn't mind if they did stick close to Gennedy's style. I've come to love his versions of the characters.

20. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    I think he's something of a mix between Gennedy's Yoda and a Pixar-ized Yoda.

If Yoda's anything to go by, they might all look like they came out of a Toy Story movie. Not like that's necessarily a bad thing, but it's not exactly what I expected.

21. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Yup, that sums up what I'm thinking too :p

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

22. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Maybe Toy Story + anime (?).

We have no idea how close to a finished product that shot is, anyway. Could just be an early model.

23. The_Mastervader

The_Mastervader Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2004
    Same here. I'm sure I'll grow to love it, but right now I'm on the fence. I was honestly expecting something close to "Final Fantasy". I'm sure in the end though it will be great!

24. Nieber-Gon-Jinn

Nieber-Gon-Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2006
    There's a pic on starwars.com rightnow!
    JN

25. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    Well Pixar did happen to be part of Lucasfilm

But this is shapping to be something good but now they are saying 2008? Hmm, seems a little odd.