main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    You've got to position the "camera", so I'd call it filming.

2. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Just semantics. Anyways, whenever Failoni throws one of these blurbs out I shut off my brain. He's lied too many times for me to give a damn what he says. I expect these life changing events to be equated with character assassination.

3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Yay! No Senate intrigue and no Embo. Yay, only dead Maul and Ahsoka left for the Season!
    :rolleyes:

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Do you guys think there might be something in the Clovis arc that would cause it not to air or get rejected by Cartoon Network perhaps for S&P reasons?

If my memory isn't totally broken we've known about the Clovis arc since SWW 2012. It was only like maybe 1-2 weeks before air we learned about the Young Jedi arc initially taking its place. Feels like its specifically that arc which is getting pushed back and now may not even air, alteast not until season 6.

Maybe these are the canceled political episodes however Clovis was set to air. II'm really wondering if either there is some delay where the arc just isn't ready to air or if infact it did land on CN's desk and got rejected or sent back or flat out rejected for S&P (standards and practices) reasons which would explain the lack of an air date and a reason why we might get only 20 episodes this season. It takes so long to produce these episodes, I wonder how hard something like that would be to fix with TCW. Perhaps Clovis will be in the blu-rays but unaired.

5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I highly doubt it's anything with standards & practices, I'm hoping TCW or CN just finally decided they have standards and decided not to air more terrible episodes.

Because so far, TCW has shown they have no standards, they'll do anything, they'll run with any idea and no one will stop and veto it.

I know the current idea is to blame George for being in control of the senate and the courts, but I put the blame on everyone, including the supervising director who let these episodes even get off the ground, but especially Brent Friedman for writing this ****.

George may run the show, but he doesn't control minds, anyone can say no. It's your job to say no.

6. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    It's a delaying tactic. "We know this season was a letdown, but if you stay with us, we'll give you the good stuff next season!"

It's consumer bribery in order to stave off cancellation. Give them the promise of something they want on the condition that they have to slog through four mind numbingly awful episodes to get at it.

Garth Maul, eht13 and CT-867-5309 like this.
  7. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I think the below reactions from Zandalor and CT and from many commentors from IGN makes TCW be more cautious with Banking episodes after the Season Three fiasco.

Every show does this to keep interest going... Every show!

8. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    So the Clovis arc got shafted and postponed?

[​IMG]

I wonder what the younger viewers (and older ones as well) who haven't or misses reading about this seemingly impending move and who watched the S5 trailer and/or that preview clip of Embo chasing down Anakin & company will say when the scenes from these episodes won't show up this season; they oughta get disappointed if they looked forward to this arc.

9. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I still have doubts about this. Leeland Chee has been wrong before,,,

10. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Oh my, that's really random. Scrolling through the thread looking for spoilers and someone posts a picture I made a couple of years ago for my fan comic! And as an example of what the official marketing should be like?! Mindblowing.

Though on the other hand, it also makes me cringe a little at some of the pixellated madness I used to allow to be shown publicly. I mean really, has a starfield every been -that- packed with noise? xD

To keep things back on topic though; DVD covers. I would love for there to be a Cad Bane cover at some point, but I think that ship sailed when he missed out on Season 2. For Season 5, I'm definitely fine with an Ahsoka cover. I think she has finally 'earned' that place, as the character has settled and entrenched herself as a pillar of the Clone Wars canon.

Garth Maul likes this.
  11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yeah, as soon as they announced it delayed at the final hour without explanation, I began to wonder. I mean, we've had this video now forever:

Part of me thinks cartoon network wanted a second "kid-friendly" arc to offset Onderon/Maul/Deathwatch/etc. When the Young Jedi episodes met with largely enthusiastic reception at C6, the TCW decided that was the way to go. I suspect the Clovis arc is going to resemble Onderon more than anything (the whole "Rise of Clovis" business sounds like they're gearing up for a war...).

I also wonder (and this is just pure speculation on my part) that it might have had real-world political metaphors CN or the CW team decided were too iffy to air during the US elections. We already know the planet looks like Wall Street, so.......

12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I think its alot more likely CN has a problem with it but could have been LucasFilm or even Disney (Disney doesn't tend to be real happy if you make fun of them, LOL. See the cancellation of the Clerks animated series). CN has a history of pulling episodes of shows, sometimes at the last moment. I'm with ya Barriss. I've been thinking its either a real world political message that CN decided was to ifffy, there is something in there that mirrors a real tragedy that was deemed to offensive, or else is something offensive to some group. If it were something where the show crossed a line for violence (unless its really drawn out) or something sexual (lol) it should be an easy edit. Knowing this deals with Clovis, a planet looking like wallstreet, and even recalling Anakin beating up Clovis; I think these episodes might have been pulled and thats explanation for why we may only get 20 episodes this season. There is no replacement ready. Clovis may never air and we'll have to wait for the blu-rays.

It would be nice to get an explanation from Filoni or someone about what's going on.

13. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    More like Disney will wrench it from their undeserving paws! ;)

I don't think there is any danger that a network will want to "pull" the show, i consider it more of a decision of will CN pay Disney enough extra cash to run the show. Otherwise Disney will play it on XD.

Obviously my own two cents, but i dont see any evidence that CN would be itching to pull the show when it has been bumping its Saturday morning ratings already.

14. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    If the "Clovis" arc gets pushed to s6 then that will be 1 1/2 years after that clip from it was aired for the first time, back in May 2012. What a blunder to skip on one of the main arcs you have used in your promotion.

15. KeltheDor

KeltheDor Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 21, 2011
    I highly doubt the Clovis arc is being pulled because of content.

Instead, I really just see it being moved due to scheduling issue. Clovis stands as the lone three part storyline in a season filled with overly large four part arcs. I think Clovis was maybe being considered for this season, back when Young Jedi's place was being debated, but has since been moved out. Cartoon Network may just be more willing to move The Clone Wars out of its slot than have it stick around for an extra week.

I think maybe when Young Jedi wasn't being considred for this season, Clovis was still around, but was bumped out.

The show honestly has never really backed away from content in the past. I also doubt that the series is honestly making a movie to be more "child friendly" you all have to keep in mind that the writers are working on the final episodes of the series at the moment. The feedback for season six is going to largely be based on what people liked in late season three and season four. Even if Cartoon Network or Disney for that matter said, drop all your dark material right now and make a kiddie show, they wouldn't be able to. It would take them years to catch up.

16. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Asharak you have it right. Blunder is the right word.
    It is odd that this was the most advertised arc aside from Maul and now it is nowhere to be mentioned.

Maybe they are afraid to repeat the S3 blunder that failed and episodes were cancelled.

Maybe they are in a hurry to finish to get the show to Disney XD.

I doubt the content will change much cause of Disney!

17. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Has there been any indication from the writers or Filoni that Maul and Ahsoka will be it? I mean the writers all seemed to be in the dark and suggested looking to Cartoon Network's schedule. And Zap2It might just not know what's coming after Ahsoka and thus leaves the last two episode slots blank. Weren't they the ones that kept updating their schedule with Clovis always being the next arc before subsequently being revised and pushed back and pushed back?

If memory serves me, it was supposed to go

Revival --> Onderon --> Clovis

Then it became

Revival -->Onderon --> YJ --> Clovis

Then

Revival --> Onderon --> YJ --> R2 --> maybe Clovis

Now

Revival --> Onderon --> YJ --> R2 --> Maul --> Ahsoka --> ??

They might be just as confused as everyone else. I guess only CN would know and maybe Filoni. With all the last minute schedule changes, there might be a last minute change in which something else gets put between Maul and Ahsoka (I'd imagine Ahsoka will be left as the season finale, but I don't know).

Even if things went as originally planned and YJ was pulled and Clovis aired, then there would have only been 19 episodes. There might have been a 3 episode arc that was dropped when they added YJ in, and now they might be trying to figure out what to replace it with.

Seerow likes this.
  18. KeltheDor

KeltheDor Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 21, 2011
    I feel like that was probably the most likely.

However, its interesting in that pretty much every arc this season was talked about before hand. The original trailer shows clips from Clovis, Onderon, Young Jedi, and Mauldalore meaning that at around June last year all were planned to be part of the season. We also knew about the R2 and Ahsoka arcs through Dave hinting through various interviews and Insider articles. So back in June, maybe it was planned to have an extra episode or two this season, but that just became less feasible?

It might be interesting in that CN may have given them an ultimatum, especially with the show jumping networks, that they would have to have twenty two episodes or less. So its possible that Filoni and crew, and the network opted to pull Clovis and slip in Young Jedi in that it would give them one extra episode for adds etc. Its certainly possible that maybe they looked at the possibility of adding in another three parter that was originally going to be from season six, but in the end none of the episodes were ready.

Seerow likes this.
  19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    if the Clovis Arc was moved to S6, i can see it being the opening Arc

20. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    My understanding is that it was supposed to be:

Revival - 1 episode
    Onderon - 4
    Clovis - 3
    R2 - 4
    Maul - 3
    Ahsoka - 4 (Sabotage + 3)?

That would have brought the total to 19, which is 3 shy of the 22 episodes of past seasons. Unless there was an additional 3 episodes (possibly a 3 episode arc).

By switching out the 4 episode YJ arc for the 3 episode Clovis arc, we got an additional episode and are now two shy (20/22).

So I guess I'm curious as to whether or not this season was always meant to be short (at 19) and that by replacing Clovis with YJ we actually got one additional episode than originally intended. If it was not meant to be short, then that means that there were three episodes that were dropped in addition to Clovis when YJ was added so as not to exceed 22 episodes (which would make me assume that they occurred as a three episode arc).

In past seasons, there has been a trailer for the beginning of the Season and a trailer for the second half/closing arcs.

For instance, Ryloth and Cad Bane got their own trailer I believe. I can't remember S2. S3 got a trailer for Mortis-Trandoshan arc. S4 got a trailer for the last four episodes. S5 had the single trailer.

Some people were saying that trailer omitted footage from the finale, which I don't know if that was speculation or confirmed by someone. Because for instance there could have been a three episode finale that we never saw footage from and that was pulled.

It could be that we were only intended to get 19 episodes and we actually got an additional one by replacing Clovis with YJ. It could be that there were 22 episodes, but the replacement of Clovis with YJ has screwed things up and maybe they are looking for an additional 2 episodes to round out the season (this would mean a three episode arc that we've never seen got dropped). Or there were 23 episodes (I believe there was an initial trailer including footage from every single arc, including both Clovis and YJ), but CN said "no, only 22 or less" and YJ didn't make the cut, but then was switched for Clovis.

I'm actually thinking it's the third one.

21. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    So far, from September to now, this has been the worst season of the show. ****** arcs, less than a full season of episodes, schedule issues, moving the show to Saturday mornings... I'm not done with the show, but I'm fed up with all this bulls***. I've been a loyal fan from the very beginning - yeah, I saw TCW (2008) in the theater. And now we're gonna have an unusually long summer hiatus. That's just great.:mad:

22. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Think I'm done for now with this show. Probably the 12th time I've said this, but I'm beyond frustrated.

I'm now going to wait until arcs are over - I trust the opinions of most if not all of LACWAC in terms of quality, with some margin of error for personal likes/dislikes.

They set themselves up for the potential of great arcs over the first 2 seasons and never got into any of them, quite frankly. Too many abandoned characters, too many idiotic four-part arcs.

23. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I said it either earlier in this thread or another, but I'm confused by this

(sorry that it's in video form, can't find the initial photo)

I recall this being discussed here that Boba was going to appear with some people complaining that he was in the ROTJ color scheme instead of the ESB one. But then I heard no additional information about this, and I could have sworn that Filoni said at one of the conventions or SWW that Boba would not be returning this season, but that Bo-Katan would do more than Boba has ever done. In which case I'm confused by the picture.

Unless he was scheduled to appear initially in the speculative 3 episode arc I mentioned above.

I don't know.

I'm confused.

[face_hypnotized]

24. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    Wasn't this rumor (Boba appearing in Mandalorian armor) also going on during Season 4?

They really are?

25. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    I'm sure image was confirmed to be from a game, but Filoni said that Bo Katan definitely does more than Boba has done.