main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Thread* - C-IV Social Thread -- May, 2007 just can't come soon enough!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    I own a few different versions of Star Wars Trivial Pursuit, and the questions do range from overly easy to extremely difficult. I actually like the varying degree of difficulty in the questions.

For added excitement, my wife and I have created a bunch of our own customized questions.

And for my C4 trip, I just found a travel-size Star Wars TP game on eBay that comes with over 600 questions from EP1-EP6 in a small plastic travel case. Perfect for my 6+ hour flight from NY to LA!

2. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Official Pix is a pretty good organization that relies heavily on volunteers. These positions range from crowd control, booth sales of pictures and tix for autographs, to helping the celebs at their tables with the autograph process. It's a pretty cool thing and those who have done it before always talk highly of it. Once more details are known, Ann will probably post a message and seek out help. I think Val said she spoke to Ann and Ann told her they would seek out the help from previous volunteers first. I believe GenCon also uses volunteers but I don't know how you go about signing up with them. I would recomend sticking with Official Pix. They are a well organized group and you won't get yelled at every 5 minutes like you will working for GenCon. Plus, Ann is a pretty damn cool person to deal with.

-GJ

3. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    G_J is correct, Anne will be ready to ask for volunteers about six weeks in advance. Unfortunately I don't remember how ithe convention volunteers setup was done.

4. Setal_Dorset

Setal_Dorset Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 21, 2006
    ahhhhhhhh:_| 250ish days to go. its taking for eeevvvveerrrr. i guess i can take up some time with the new dvd's and legoII.sssssssiiiiiii guess thats plenty of time to reach master pilot in galexies ha ha[face_dancing]. ooohhhh im bored[face_hypnotized]

5. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    I just talked to Pwinlespispspsi... and he was a sucker too and bought the DVD's. HA! I'm kidding. I can't wait to get them myself but I've been told I'm not allowed since I have a birthday next week. I'm just ragging on him because I know how much he hates himself for buying them. He's got some moral objection to Lucas making a gazillion dollars on yet another DVD release.

Personally, I can't wait for the next box set. It's going to have rehashed artwork and the same content. In fact, the only difference is going to be that Lucas is finally go into the Jedi scroll and add that extra "." at the end. All the others have four .'s while Jedi has only 3... the sets going for $89.95... anyone want to take orders?

-GJ

6. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    I hate you and George. HAHA! Just kidding!

I would like to volunteer for Official Pix, but it's my vacation. I have a good feeling about getting store stuff and autographs without volunteering. Plus I can't ask my wife who isn't a Star Wars fan to walk around for 8 hours while I keep a bunch of eager nerds in a straight line. HAHAHA!

7. larame_kaine

larame_kaine Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2005
    You get a gold star! =P

-Larame

8. larame_kaine

larame_kaine Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2005
    My husband brought home a bunch of his self-proclaimed uber-geeks from the comic book shop he hangs out at one night and we played trivial pursuit. It was four of them against me and I still kicked their butts. =P But I'm much more of a SW geek. I used to spend hours upon hours searching the databanks on Starwars.com. And I've read almost all the books.

My grandpa if I put as much effort into school as I do memorizing Star Wars things I would be Einstien. ^_^
    (I do good at school...but it's much easier to remember how many times Han says 'I've got a bad feeling about this...' throughtout the OT then it is for me to remember what my teachers say about Mertons Strain theory. =P)

-Larame

9. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    "I've got a bad feeling about this..."

How many times was it used throughout the entire saga? Anyone know?

-GJ

10. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    I went up against 8 people at work one time and got like 2 questions wrong out of almost a hundred. I had all 8 of them standing around me shooting off questions. I kicked butt.

11. Sanctimoniously

Sanctimoniously Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2005
    Six.

12. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
  13. Setal_Dorset

Aug 21, 2006
    6 wowo i could only think of 4 i think....but then it is to early in the morning and im runnin on 2 hours of sleep from the last like 3 nights he he he he[face_dancing]

14. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Best Star Wars trivia question/answer ever was from the Conan O'Brien show when he sent Triumph the Insult Dog out to make fun of the fans lined up to see AOTC at the Ziegfeld Theater in 2002:

Triumph says to the crowd of fans: "OK, it's time for some SW trivia. What substance is Han Solo frozen in?"
    Fans respond: "Carbonite".
    Triumph reponds back: "Oh no, I'm sorry. The correct answer is Who gives a ****".

I had to keep it clean obviously here, but you know what was said.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

15. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    That was probably one of the funniest pieces of Star Wars related video I think I've ever seen.

-GJ

16. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    It actually was the funniest.

"which of these ****chuckles****** which one of these buttons do you press to call your parents to come and pick you up.

17. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    That Triumph clip is one the rare spoofs that I can watch over and over again, know exactly what the next joke/insult punchline will be, and STILL crack up laughing. It's that priceless.

An absolute must-see for all SW fans. [face_laugh]

18. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    I need to check out some funny Fan Films. I haven't looked at any in a while.

19. Sanctimoniously

Dec 28, 2005
    I hope she likes Star Wars...

20. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    They help to pass the time before C4 rolls around. Definitely check 'em out when you have time.

21. Sanctimoniously

Dec 28, 2005
    **relaxes with a Coke, a Dell DJ, and Queen**

22. Vru_Shattai

Vru_Shattai Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2004
    *paces* 'All I need is hotels..pricing..wouldn't mind an intinerary. [face_whistling] Kind of need to know so I can figure out how much this is gonna cost. Got to be there. *paces more*:_| [face_praying] For money. Oh and San Francisco Fan Force, when and where is the next meeting in October 2006? My son and I would like to attend.:)

Ok..I digress.

Hope to hear from any of you soon.

23. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    There's a thread where people have posted (with some experience under their belt) their projected costs for the convention. Still, I'd take an extra $500 to $1000 more then what you think you're going to need.

-GJ

24. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Here's how bad it has gotten for me in waiting for any updated C4 news to come out:

I was on the couch flipping thru the channels one late night last week and came across a ridiculous movie called "You Got Served". It revolves around groups of young adults forming dance clans and pitting their moves against each team in a "dance-off" contest.

I painfully watched about 10 minutes of it, and right before I was about to change the channel after declaring this quite possibly the WORST film ever produced, they showed an overhead camera shot of the LACC! They panned right up to the front of the building, and the next camera shot showed the kids in their respective dance groups warming up for the competition on the floor of the LACC. I shot up on my couch like I was just zapped by a Jawa electical stun gun and all of a sudden became fixated on watching the remainder of the film. The final 20 minutes or so of the film (what was its name again?) took place right inside the LACC, and my eyes scanned my big-screen TV feverishly, hoping to catch a glimpse of as much of the LACC in the background as I possibly could.

Sad? Possibly. But at this point, I had to do whatever was necessary to get alleviate my C4 anxiety!!

25. Setal_Dorset

Aug 21, 2006
    who that is bad. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.