main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BC ***Official Vancouver & B.C. JC Forum HQ*** Please Check IN

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TALIESINWEST, Oct 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TALIESINWEST

TALIESINWEST Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2000
    Hi everyone. I really have to apologize for a few things:

Firstly, when I started this thread, I promised myself, and I promised others that I would help to maintain some sort of social connections between BC and lower mainland people. But I blew it.

Here's why:

Up until the end of November, I had internet access at home and at work. Which made it very easy to keep visiting the forums. However I had to give up internet at home because my computer packed it in and I only recently got it fixed. In the meantime I had cancelled my Shaw service to save some money.

Of course, at the time I really didn't care, because I figured that I would be able to do whatever I wanted at work. But since about October, my firm has been getting busier and busier. Which makes me happy and secure, but results in me having very little time for playing on the net.

So while the reasons are genuine and reasonable, I still wish that I had been able to follow through on my promises.

At any rate, there's no reason not to keep posting here.....

2. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    1. Who you are. This can be anything, like why you're into SW, or the story of your Username, or your sig. This is just to give us all a little thing to remember you.

Hi, guys. My name is Alex Severinski. I chose my username because this is my username at the Offical Star Wars Site Message Board.

2. Where you live, roughly, you probably shouldn't post your actual address, but you can tell us what part of the Province you live in.

Maple Ridge, B.C.

3. Where on the JC Forums you spend the most time. Because, let's face it, it's not here. Hey tell us why you spend the most time there.

I've just registered, so I haven't been anywhere yet. But I hope to spend some time here.

3. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Hey all...

My name's Briana, I live in Victoria, and figured there should at least be a token check-in from the Island. A couple of friends and I are getting a god start on being a Fan Force chapter, and are even liasing with the theatres to co-ordinate our AOTC opening night plans. :)

I have gone through stages of SW fandom, as I never really saw the movies until on video in1990 or so. However I read the novelisations of the OT and apparently even wrote some fanfictionway back when I was twelve. :0 Not surprising then that after my delving into it again (having written a very slashy Mary Sue story and thinking I was all alone out there,) that I was thrilled to discover this huge online fan community!

I hang out mosty in Fan Fiction, right now polishing off the last trailing bits in a truly immense round robin story, and then, [shamelessplug] after that I have to finish my Jedi Knight of the Round Table crossover Traitorous Knight, my tidying up of a few storylines from one of Aaron Allston's X-Wing novels, called Last Chance: Myn and Lara , and my two original character fics, The Martyrs and Crimson.[/shamelessplug]

Also madly cutting fabric for a friend to sew into robes and tunics for the opening night... anybody else do costuming out there?

In modern life, I am a writer (no duh!), rider, Irish historian, drummer and mom of three. Busy bunny! :)

Good to hear there are so many fans in vancouver. I spend the occasional weekend over there: any interest in getting together for lunch sometime? There's an all you can eat sushi bar at Metropolis... ;)

*Derisa*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.