main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ohana (Obi-Wan AU) *~Update 01/08!!!~*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Miana Kenobi, Jul 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    :D

Awesome! Which island did you go to?

2. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm NOT going to Maui! It turns out that my sister was lying, and we're going to Kauai! Where this story is set!! OMG!!!! I'm going to go to the canyon, and see all the stuff I talked about in the story... for reals!!! *Dies of happiness*

3. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!

That was the best trip I've ever had....

Oh man...

I actually STAYED in Lihu'e..... I went to Kapa'a.... I went to Poipu... I WENT to Waimea Canyon..... *dies*

All right, now that I've actually BEEN to Kaua'i, this story needs to be SERIOUSLY rewritten. For example:

#1. There is no freakin way you can walk from Lihu'e to Waimea THROUGH the mountains in 3 days. No way, no how. :p

#2. Okay, so I'm mistaken. Poipu is the relaxed surfing town. Kapa'a actually means something like "Warriors" or whatnot, so they're the meanies. Figures.

#3. Swimming is a no no unless you want the currents in Lihu'e to take you out to Guam. :p

#4. Yeah, I'm still butchering the language. :p

#5. It never stops raining. NEVER.

#6. I want to go back. :D :D

I am on serious jet-lag right now, but I'm still on Hawaii time, so I'm wide awake, despite it being 1:20 am. But oh man, do I have writting fuel!! :D

4. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    That's awesome.:) I'm glad you had fun. I bet seeing the places you wrote about, gave you goosebumps.:)

5. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Oh my gosh, it did! When we landed in Lihue... oh man. It was freaky.

6. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Aloha- welcome back to civilization. My boss just got back from there on saturday too! Maybe you were on the same flight if you left from John Wayne airport.

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Kit, thanks! Alas, we flew on Sundays though, but we did go through John Wayne. I like that place so much better than LAX... it's small!

I'm at a cross roads. Part of me wants to go back and rewrite the story to fix it, but the other part of me doesn't want to deal with it and would rather just continue on. Thoughts?

8. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Don't change the story, just add a disclaimer at the beginning saying that the geography of Kuaui isn't exact, but it's artistic license- so there!

9. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL, all righty. Thanks, Kit. ;)

Well, I HAD planned on getting a post up this week... but it came to my attention that I have to go to San Diego for student orientation at my college, so... post shall be delayed... again... :p

10. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    *sobs in jealousy....* :_| - I LOVE Kauai!! :_| - My brother just got back last night from the Big Island! I WANT TO GO TO THE BIG ISLAND NOW!!!! *Stomps foot* :mad:

11. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *deep sigh* All righty... now that the JC House Cup game is OVER, I can finally start writing SW again. I'm up to HERE writing about Lockhart. ;)

12. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *Does the "w00t! I have colors!" dance and tries to wake up muse* :p

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    OH! While you wait, HERE is some pictures from Kaua'i! :D

14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    OMG, these is a page written! It took me until 2 am, but I have a page done! w00t! ;)

15. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Great pics! but the mud-yuck!

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I loved the mud! The mud was great! :D

17. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *sigh* Alas... since I just spent the last 4 days at Comic Con in San Diego, and saw the Return of the King previews instead of Star Wars, I now have LotR on my mind and poor Obi-Wan is still on that blasted island... :(

18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Sorry for the delay!

The warm, humid air danced across a gentle breeze, waving the tall grass to and fro. Though the sun stood high in the sky, thick clouds hung around its golden waves, drizzling down on the western shore. Yet, on the east, the heat continued to blast, even through the thick over hangings of palm trees.

"Ke la'au maika'i ai'ole pilau?"

Obi-Wan placed a hand on the bark of a thick tree. He could feel sweat trickling down the back of his neck, yet he had grown accustomed to it. His feet stung as he stepped on a fallen leaf, its pointed needle-like end finding out his flesh. He shifted his foot onto the warm sponge-grass, concentrating on the tree. He could sense the hundreds of tiny organisms crawling through the bark, shaking his head. "Pilau."

Kali sighed, then jerked his head over to the left, indicating that they move on to the next tree. Obi-Wan followed, touching the tree as he had done before. He did not sense any insects or decay in the tree, nodding his head. "Ke la'au maika'i ai'ole."

Kali grinned, taking out his axe from his strip of belt. Obi-Wan followed suit, swinging the primitive weapon into the base of the tree, falling into rhythm with Kali as they chopped at it. They worked in silence, chopping at the tree until its base cracked and it fell to the ground.

Both men slid their axes through the small slip of fabric that served as belts. Kali stood by the base of the tree while Obi-Wan headed towards the top of the tree. He stopped before he reached the long leaves, turning to eye Kali and nodding his head. Together, both men squatted down and grabbed the tree, quickly lifting it up and placing it onto their shoulders.

Obi-Wan ignored the bite of the bark in his tanned shoulder; like everything else on the island, he was now accustomed to it. He heard Kali holler at him, yelling back a response. Using the force to cushion the tree, they began to head back to the village.

Three years Obi-Wan had been on the island, and with every passing day, his hopes that he would be found dwindled. He had found some comfort in his new life; he had made new friends who welcomed him with both arms and he had found peace. Yet his heart craved for the stars; for space, other worlds, air conditioning, indoor plumbing, and real clothes. Above all else, he missed Anakin. He could not reach their bond, yet in his heart, Obi-Wan knew that Anakin was safe.

The sun continued to blast down as they returned to Lihu'e. Obi-Wan and Kali carried the tree to a clearing, several men ready to take the tree from them. Smoke filled Obi-Wan's nostrils, the Jedi finding a group of women tossing dead leaves into a fire. He felt the weight lift from his shoulder, snapping his head around to see the other men setting the tree down into a make-shift cradle, immediately beginning to strip the bark and leaves.

Obi-Wan rubbed his shoulder where the prickles of the bark had sunk in, soothing out the indented skin. The pain would subside after a few minutes, healing long enough for Obi-Wan to go get another tree and endure the same pain once more.

He wiped the sweat from his brow, tucking loose strands of his long hair behind his ears. His mind cursed the hot tropical sun for turning his hair into a light brown shade; a few more years of it, and he reckoned that his hair would be light enough to surpass Anakin. His neck felt sweaty, Obi-Wan running a hand beneath his thick hair to brush against his neck. He had been tempted to cut his hair; he could probably find a sharp enough rock to do so, as he had been trying to do with his beard. Yet, he let his hair grow out, relieved when it was long enough that he could actually pull it up off of his neck. He noticed that the older men had their gray hair plaited behind his head. It reminded Obi-Wan too much of his padawan braid, so he opted not to style it in such a way. So, he let his neck sweat beneath his shoulder-blade length hair.

"Kulu!"

Obi-Wan's mind came back to the present at t

19. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    3 years with no a/c

poor obi

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL!

And no bug spray. ;)

21. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    hehehe Ahh, Obi Wan is a tuff guy. He cna handle no A/C for a bit.;-) I do think he'll think Coruscant is awefully cold after being on Earth which is MUCH warmer. Hawa'ii more so.
    Another excellant segment.:)

22. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Sorry for the delay! I make up for it with a chapter of pure mush.

After a fortnight of preparations, Aka and Wilikinia were wed. The village gathered in the meeting area around the couple, the young bride wearing white cloth and covered in many leis. Peni stood before his niece, chanting to Pele to bless the couple and match them together in her eyes.

Obi-Wan had grown accustomed to seeing their marriage traditions. A young man would approach the father of the woman he wished to wed and make an offer. They would come bearing valuables such as jewelry, weapons, and even livestock to purchase their bride. Obi-Wan frowned down upon it; to him, it was no better than slavery.

Yet Aka, whom Obi-Wan had become a friend to, pointed out their reasoning. Upon Obi-Wan's questioning of the practice, the young man had sagely asked, "how much would you pay for the woman you love?" It did not take Obi-Wan much longer to silence his opinion on the matter.

Obi-Wan hid a smile as he watched Aka nervously take Wilikinia's hands into his own. The Jedi was happy for his friend, who almost had not been able to wed his beloved. He had gone to Obi-Wan after meeting with Koukalaka to ask for his daughter, despair in his voice as he informed his friend that he did not have enough to match Koukalaka's price. The Jedi knew that the young man was throwing in everything he owned for her, and so he gave Aka what few possessions he had to meet Koukalak's price.

"Eia au ke kali nei," Aka's shaky voice spoke out, bringing Obi-Wan's mind back to the wedding. Aka nervously swallowed, trying to steady his voice as his continued. "Aia la i hea ku'u aloha."

Wilikinia smilied broadly as she replied to the wedding chant, her soft voice calling out, "Eia au ke huli nei. A loa`a `oe e ka ipo maha ka `i`ini a ka pu`uwai."

Aka took in a deep breath, keeping his eyes focused on his bridge as he spoke the next verse of the chant. " Ua sila pa`a `ia me `oe. Ko aloha makamae e ipo. Ka`u ia e lei a`e nei la."

Obi-Wan could hear some of the villagers quietly chanting along with the couple. He eyed an elder couple near him, seeing the wife looking lovingly at her mate as she spoke the words.

"Nou no ka `i`ini," Wilikinia returned loudly. Obi-Wan's eyes drifted over the crowd.

"A nou wale no." His eyes found Nani, who was smiling broadly next to the mother of the bride.

"A o ko aloha ka`u e hi`ipoi mau." Finally, his eyes found Leikele. She had a smile smile on her lips as she watched her younger cousin. Her head turned after a moment, and her eyes found Obi-Wan's.

"Na'u `oe, e lei, na'u `oe e lei," Aka's voice came. The villagers began cheering loudly, yet Obi-Wan did not join them in their cheers. His eyes remained locked with Leikele's. It was not until people began brushing past him that his eyes strayed from hers. He turned back to her, seeing that she has in conversation with her family. And yet, her eyes darted over to him once more, and she smiled.

After much feasting, the musicians pulled out their instruments. Many began to dance, yet some remained seating, laughing, conversing, or simply watching the others. Obi-Wan remained with those on the ground, watching the children dance with a smile on his face. He could see Aka and Wilikinia making their way through the villagers, exchanging kisses and blessings. Obi-Wan got to his feet as they approached him.

Wilikinia embraced him tightly, placing a kiss on each of his cheeks. "Mahalo, mahalo, mahalo, he kaikunane," she murmured.

"There is no need for thanks, he kaikuahine," Obi-Wan returned, smiling broadly at his claimed sister.

Aka grasped Obi-Wan's shoulder, the Jedi doing suite. "This would not have happened without you, Kulu."

"Treat he kaikuahine well, and I shall ask for no repayment," Obi-Wan said. He noticed Aka's father motioning for the couple, clapping the man on the shoulder once more. "You must be going."

He watched the two head toward his father, hearing

23. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    My boss is off to Kauai on Monday (again) :_|

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Awww... *offers a box of chocolate covered macademia nuts*

25. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm alive, really I am. I'm just trying to get into the rhythm of doing this butt-load of homework I have and finding time to write. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.